Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

The big day is here. Up the Déise! We'll do the business!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The big day is here. Up the Déise! We'll do the business!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    On a buzz now lads. The purpose of my Summer is upon us <333

G'wan Waherfurrrrrrrrrrrrrd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Good weather out, hopefully it stays dry for the day. Best of luck to all the lads on the senior and intermediate teams today.

H'on the Deise!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What time is throw-in lads. I'm over in Poland at the Euros so information is in short supply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Throw-in is at 4pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What time is throw-in lads. I'm over in Poland at the Euros so information is in short supply!

i think it's 4pm our time.
    i'm not 100% on that yet

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

C'mon the deise,lets put all these begrudger's to shame and show them were still one of top teams

really cant wait for this match. heading out the door in the next 5 to 10 minutes.

Hope to see yee all in the terrace

Throw-in is at 4pm.

Thanks lads. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

who will be taking the frees for waterford today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

who will be taking the frees for waterford today?

Maurice Shanahan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Maurice Shanahan
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

tomkelly99 wrote: »
    The Waterford County Board haven't a bob. I had to give Tom Cunningham the lend of a fiver so he could go into Tonys chipper in Dungarbum for a variety box there last week. He did give me one of his battered sausages though. He was saying he thinks football is a silly game and he doesn't like it anymore. He was saying that Ballinacourty definitely won't retain the Conway Cup this year. I says,I says,I says 'Tom,how are you so sure?'. He said they were after melting it down and selling it to one of them Cash for Gold places on Browns Road. Instead of a trophy for the winners of the senior football this year,they're giving the winners a signed copy of Bimbo McGraths autobiography 'If You Don't Know Bimbo,Don't Judge Bimbo.' Then he gave me another chip and headed off. The hurlers are in good shape for the Clare game. I met Michael Ryan at Wrestlemania above in Dublin a few weeks back. He was very impressed with Jon Cena,said he'd make a fine full back some day. He was telling meself and the wife that midfield will be crucial. He's probably going to start Timmy Ryan and Nichola Beresford, but Geoff Harris has a chance too. Full back will be a big call, but he reckons Gilbert O'Sullivan,Shane and Billys brother, is absolutely flying in training and should get the nod. That Chris Doran fella will probably be in the corner instead of Noel Connors. He's a mighty man for a singsong apparently. The wife got me one of them smart phones for my birthday. I hate it. The buttons are very small. This has taken me three weeks to type. I'm on Twatter now,I use it to keep in touch with gaa news and my daughter in San Francisco. My name on it is @thetomkelly99 . It's a stupid name. Tis hard to believe there's 98 other tools with that name. I met Marty Morrissey at a clubhouse opening in Dunhill a few weeks back. Jesus he's fair smooth with the wimmin. They were eating out of the palm of his hand. No really,they were,they had no plates and he has massive hands. He thinks Clare will win the All-Ireland in the hurling,and in the football. And he reckons that Clare might just win the intermediate hurling too. And the junior football. The U21 football is too close to call,but he thinks that Clare will win it. In the U21 hurling,he said his head was saying Clare,but his heart thinks that Clare will win it. The minor is anyone's he said,hurling and football. He thinks it'll probably be a Munster team will win both. I said 'Cork?' No,he says,he says,he says, 'I think it'll be Clare.' I never did find out where he was from.

you heading up tom?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Are we sure there's a match on in thurles today? Dead up here :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

PRICES BOY PRICES .TICKET prices not to bad its all the other things that bring up the price , travel,3 children ,food, match day programme,etc etc ,they have no sense they believe in thier own hype about munster championship but its only a spectacle when people actually turn up ,its the mother of all recessions and munster council still asleep ssssssh ,

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hitting the road at 1.30, probably the latest I've ever left the house to go to a championship match in Thurles. But expecting the roads to be quiet and parking not to be a problem. Gonna miss most all the Intermediate match but had some things to do this morning.

Best of luck to both teams today. Expecting a tiny crowd at it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Also heard yesterday that Philip Mahony will start in the middle with Kevin Moran moving back

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Sitting here thinking the exact same.... :/

Intermediates are all over the place

What happened with the intermediates lads? Score? Sitting here in Poznan now ready for the game.

Intermediate lost 1:19 to 3:09
    Score a lot more respectable then it should have been

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Walsh just scored.the second goal

We are letting Clare away with murder. Frustrating at times, decent enough overall. We should be ahead by way more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

lads should be ahead by more,especially with the younger team against us,we wouold want a greater margin,we have the players, good hurlers,no tactics,just good hurling,should pull through,have to keep the faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

i think the ref was very soft on Clare, but he has twigged their game now, alot of jersey pulling, holding the hurls etc... we are looking good for a team that hasn't hurled in 10 weeks

cmon the lads!!!

The ref is actually terrible

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

The ref has been terrible but in favour of Waterford.

Shane732 wrote: »
    The ref has been terrible but in favour of Waterford.
    I think you have the jersey colours mixed up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I think you have the jersey colours mixed up

Neutral here.

The ref has given you some very easy frees and also a penalty that should have been a free out.

We all have a level of tunnel vision about our own counties I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Ryan should have just pointed it or at worst hand passed it. SOK did well, good to get the year off to a win and for him to have a good debut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great finish to the game. Mullane let himself down with his reaction at the end.
    I wouldn't like to play Clare in the qualifiers - that game will bring them on no end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement