Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

icanmunch wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to purchase US options on Degiro? Been looking for NASDAQ options but can’t find any. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong but if it’s not possible, can anyone recommend a different platform to use? Cheers

No options available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

icanmunch wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to purchase US options on Degiro? Been looking for NASDAQ options but can’t find any. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong but if it’s not possible, can anyone recommend a different platform to use? Cheers

You can upgrate from Basic to Active accoutn for free and then you get Margin and Options available to you.

One word of warnign, I'm not keen on Margin (basically loans), and it sets this by default, I've gone into it by a few euro a few times when I've miscalcualted charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Is degiro safe,

Let’s say you have 100k in cash and 100k in stocks in degiro. Can you loose this money if degiro went bust?

I saw on their faq. That you should be fine but then I also found other material where it says they have protection up to 20k, and if you don’t have a custodian account, they Lon your shares out to other people and if those people go busy. You loose your money?

Fol20 wrote: »
    Is degiro safe,

Let’s say you have 100k in cash and 100k in stocks in degiro. Can you loose this money if degiro went bust?

I saw on their faq. That you should be fine but then I also found other material where it says they have protection up to 20k, and if you don’t have a custodian account, they Lon your shares out to other people and if those people go busy. You loose your money?
    I wouldn't be leaving 100k sitting in the cash account, it's a bank account in your own name in Germany, but even at tht I'd be happier having it sit at home in my AIB account. Even at that, if I had that much in deposits (never would as it's losing spending power daily), I'd split it across a few banks just in case.

Shares are safe, it's the company you own going bust thay will lose you money.

I know Jim is gonna respond with a "don't use a discount broker" post, so just to preempt it, please explain why Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pluto_322

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You can upgrate from Basic to Active accoutn for free and then you get Margin and Options available to you.

One word of warnign, I'm not keen on Margin (basically loans), and it sets this by default, I've gone into it by a few euro a few times when I've miscalcualted charges.

I don't think that the Degiro platform offers call/put options on individual U.S. stocks irrespective of type of account held

• Advertisement

pluto_322 wrote: »

I don't think that the Degiro platform offers call/put options on individual U.S. stocks irrespective of type of account held

Sorry, you're right, European stocks only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I opened a new account with DeGiro yesterday and deposited money through SEPA transfer. When I visit DeGiro now and log in it just asks me to connect my bank account no other option other than log out.

Will this change once my funds transfer goes through?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I opened a new account with DeGiro yesterday and deposited money through SEPA transfer. When I visit DeGiro now and log in it just asks me to connect my bank account no other option other than log out.

It's been a few years since I opened an account, but I think that was it.

Depending on your bank, the money will probably hit Degiro on Tuesday, and when that happens you will have access to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭circadian

Aye it'll take a while for the funds and account to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Transferred yesterday sunday afternoon got notified by degiro at 7.30am the funds were Lodged once you get the first lodgement done its seamless from then on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Just wondering if anyone is purchasing the Vanguard S&P ETF monthly or bi-monthly etc via DeGiro. I was going to steer clear due to the relatively complicated 8 year Tax Rule. Now I'm thinking if DeGiro transactions can be exported relatively easily I could just hand it off to my wife's accountant. Anyone any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Addition Annual Report for Nov-Dec is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'm trying to do my tax returns and add in dividend revenue from Degiro Vanguard ETF's in as additional income. revenue.ie has options to add dividends income but then only 4 types;
    • Dividends from Irish Resident Companies
    • UK Dividends
    • US Dividends
    • Canadian Dividends

Should I pick one of these? Or some other option? thanks

Anyone having issues with it today? Made a bid before opening and in my portfolio it's listed as MMF but when I download the pdf I can see the ticker for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Max Q

I've noticed my Glanbia shareprice hasn't been updating. Anyone else having this issue with Glanbia? The price hasn't updated since Jan 15 for me.

Max Q wrote: »
    I've noticed my Glanbia shareprice hasn't been updating. Anyone else having this issue with Glanbia? The price hasn't updated since Jan 15 for me.

"No realtime data available for this exchange; trading is supported. Your orders will be sent to the exchange directly."

You can trade, you're just not going to see anything in realtime.

circadian wrote: »
    "No realtime data available for this exchange; trading is supported. Your orders will be sent to the exchange directly."

You can trade, you're just not going to see anything in realtime.

Thanks. I understand it's not real-time (15 mins delay I believe?) but there's been no update in 5 days. Other ISEQ shares in my portfolio are updating just not Glanbia. Current price is 10.30, Degiro has been stuck at 10.09 for the last 5 days.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 16.37.52.png

Might be worth sending their support email a message, I've found them to be responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Anyone having problem with "," and "." on degiro today? It seems they did a mess with the values.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Not Glanbia, but I've had the same issue with Hibernia REIT not updating the price for around 2 weeks.

I've sent them an email but haven't got a reply yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭frebel

Balance History? Has anyone found a way to look back at your balance history for different months ie performance over the year... I've kept track of deposits but not the portfolio balance at the end of each month... Tried the Zeus chrome extension and it's useless

This extension link
    gives the portfolio performance in percentage but nothing else so got rid of it... (possibly dodgy to have it running anyway)

Max Q wrote: »
    Thanks. I understand it's not real-time (15 mins delay I believe?) but there's been no update in 5 days. Other ISEQ shares in my portfolio are updating just not Glanbia. Current price is 10.30, Degiro has been stuck at 10.09 for the last 5 days.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 16.37.52.png

My Hibernia REIT was the same, frozen at the same price for about 2 weeks. At lunchtime today it was still frozen. I got an email off them then telling me that it only shows the closing price, I logged into the app and the price was miraculously updated again. They must have done something at their end but it works again.

I raised a query with Degiro a week ago but have had no response. The Glanbia share price updated to €10.23 on Jan 21 (having been stuck at €10.09 for a week), but now it's been stuck at 10.23 since the 21st (current price is €10.34). So something still not right..

It was 14 days before I got a reply, so it might be another few days before they get back to you.
    So it must have been frozen at the same price for at least 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SpaceJamm

I'm holding GME shares that obviously I will want to sell soon. I notice now on DEGIRO that there's no market sell order for GME anymore. Why is this and how will I sell otherwise?

I know I can use a stop loss but that must be set at lower than the current share price, which isn't much use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

SpaceJamm wrote: »
    I'm holding GME shares that obviously I will want to sell soon. I notice now on DEGIRO that there's no market sell order for GME anymore. Why is this and how will I sell otherwise?

I know I can use a stop loss but that must be set at lower than the current share price, which isn't much use to me.

AMC and GME warnings on almost all stock sites due to volatility hence most not allowing buy/sell orders.

dan786 wrote: »
    AMC and GME warnings on almost all stock sites due to volatility hence most not allowing buy/sell orders.

So I can't sell the shares?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

SpaceJamm wrote: »
    So I can't sell the shares?

You can when market open. You cant place a sell order.

dan786 wrote: »
    You can when market open. You cant place a sell order.

The market sell option will be back when market opens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dman2021

Hi guys,

I'm new here and need some help with Degiro.

I have an degiro account for a few years and my current account was linked to it for deposits/withdrawals (stitung bank).

I just made a transfer to my degiro account but it seems they new bank details (flatex bank).

I used the old bank details, have I lost my money? I've written to degiro but it says 2-4 days.

Any help or guidance on what to do would be welcome.

Advertisement