Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

So, started looking at crafting a bit since this. If you buy the $10 cans from stores and vending machines, they disassemble into common and uncommon crafting items. You can then either sell these for more money than you paid for the can or craft a high value weapon to sell on. This lets you essentially build up infinite money and common and uncommon crafting equipment.

You can also buy the MaxDoc Mk2 crafting spec. This can be crafted using common and uncommon crafting items. It then disassembles into rare crafting and upgrade items. So, you can use this to get an infinite supply of them as well.

You only need the 'True Craftsman' perk to craft the MaxDoc Mk2 as it is rare. But you can then use this to start crafting rare weapons and clothing. I find this is the only way to make crafting viable. I am level 14 and up until I did this I had only a handful of rare item crafting components so I couldn't craft anything rare.

To go with this is this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZTbzxbLJBk

Obviously it's cheating the economy of the game but I don't mind because I'd rather have the good upgrades and enjoy them instead of getting them at the end of my playthrough.

Where do ye find good armor ? I've just been equipping whatever I find but I think I need to start hunting better armor now that I'm sprinting straight into bullets to punch people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I assumed it was common sense that the game would run terrible on the base consoles.

It was sold as the last great showstopper for PS4 and Xbox.
    Sold very wrongly and misleadingly in my opinion.
    I would go as far as to say .. they deliberately mislead gamers.

Glad I held off.....I am looking forward to the full PS5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

This is clearly illegal by Sony.
    Paid for a product.,...Product is faulty.

Unbelievable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ixoy wrote: »
    How many of the people playing on PC are actually on high-end rigs? Lots of talk about how great it looks on PC but there's no real definition of a PC and builds vary hugely.

I have an Intel 4670k and a 1060 3GB version. That's a 4 core high end processor from about 7 years ago and the graphics card is a mid range card from about4 years ago so definitely not high end. It's actually running alright for me. I'm at 1440p and using medium settings. Frame rate is alright (not sure exactly what it is as I haven't been arsed to check) with the odd slow down here and there. Similar to how Horizon: Zero Dawn and Watch Dogs 2 were running for me.

I think H:ZD was way worse for bugs, on that I had to do all manner of shít just to stop it randomly crashing every so often (probably once every hour or so). Even when I fixed it all, I still got the odd crash here and there.

Most of the bugs I have had in Cyberpunk have been minor enough visual or physics glitches which I don't mind too much. Other things like enemies being able to see me through walls is a pain in the hole but I have only noticed it a few times. I'm not doing stealth so maybe why I'm not seeing that a lot. I had an issue once or twice that I had to reload to sort but that is it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gyan84 wrote: »
    To go with this is this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZTbzxbLJBk

Obviously it's cheating the economy of the game but I don't mind because I'd rather have the good upgrades and enjoy them instead of getting them at the end of my playthrough.

Where do ye find good armor ? I've just been equipping whatever I find but I think I need to start hunting better armor now that I'm sprinting straight into bullets to punch people.

It might be cheating the economy but without it crafting is useless. You get so few rare, epic and legendary parts that it takes forever to build up enough parts to craft or upgrade anything.

I was just using what I found. I bought a load of rare clothing specs and found a common armour mod so now I am using crafted stuff. It is much better. Most of the rare stuff I craft comes with one mod slot and the armour mod I craft currently adds about 56 armour which is great. I would definitely recommend crafting. Honestly thinking about levelling tech just so I can craft epic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It might be cheating the economy but without it crafting is useless. You get so few rare, epic and legendary parts that it takes forever to build up enough parts to craft or upgrade anything.

I was just using what I found. I bought a load of rare clothing specs and found a common armour mod so now I am using crafted stuff. It is much better. Most of the rare stuff I craft comes with one mod slot and the armour mod I craft currently adds about 56 armour which is great. I would definitely recommend crafting. Honestly thinking about levelling tech just so I can craft epic stuff.

CDPR will probably patch it out and rebalance crafting. We might get something like the demon cow they put in Witcher 3.

It is an actual uncommon mod recipe or just the common, I've the base common but like 40-50% of the time I get an uncommon out of it. I think I might have more points in it or I'm a higher level overall as I get more from the uncommon.

Damage mods too for guns and crit mods too, even the lower ones add a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbonaut

Birneybau wrote: »
    Still no sign of my Smyth's delivery.

Same here. I do hope it comes and it's just a delay with An Post. But from what I'm reading I'm in no particular rush for it at this stage.

Varik wrote: »
    CDPR will probably patch it out and rebalance crafting. We might get something like the demon cow they put in Witcher 3.

It is an actual uncommon mod recipe or just the common, I've the base uncommon but like 40-50% of the time I get an uncommon out of it. I think I might have more points in it or I'm a higher level overall as I get more from the uncommon.

Damage mods too for guns and crit mods too, even the lower ones add a lot.

Yeah, mine is a common as well but it seems to make an uncommon one 50% of the time. Where did you get the gun mod crafting specs? Buy them somewhere or just find them? I can't find any. Looked in the most of the shops and got nothing.

Yeah, mine is a common as well but it seems to make an uncommon one 50% of the time. Where did you get the gun mod crafting specs? Buy them somewhere or just find them? I can't find any. Looked in the most of the shops and got nothing.

Think it was the gun shop by the docks in northside, or it might have been the one at the big roundabout in corpo plaza.

I try to hit shops when near as there's no much difference in what they all stock.

Same for cybermods, didn't even know there was an alternative for the hacking mod with completely different abilities for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I got this for my teenager for Christmas for XBox One. Anybody think the upcoming patches will make it playable by Christmas? Otherwise it's back to Smyth's and hope for the best.

Heres a look at the HDR, decent channel from the videos I've watched. TLDR: Turn off HDR for this game is his take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I got this for my teenager for Christmas for XBox One. Anybody think the upcoming patches will make it playable by Christmas? Otherwise it's back to Smyth's and hope for the best.

Very unlikely tbh, the game will stay hard to run forever I think.

Apparently it's quite good on Series X though.

I am currently playing the game on an xbox one s with the latest update and it plays just fine. Don't believe all the negativity as it is still a good game. Yes it does have some graphical glitches present but most of these have been minor for me and I have not run into any issues so far that have wanted me to stop playing the game.

Actually IGN have just put up a new review for the xbox and ps4 version, the PC version got a 9 from them

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-for-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-review

Digital foundry have a video on base console versions

OSI wrote: »
    Seen a few comments complaining that the side missions are very samey and all "go place x, kill person y" and I wonder how many of those people played beyond the first couple of hours.

Off the top of my head the most recent side missions I've done include:
    Fighting contest
    Gun range contest
    Hunting down autonomous taxis with mental health issues
    Stealing a robot off a junkyard operator
    Infiltrating a station to hack a security computer
    Sneaking into a courier warehouse to steal a delivery van
    Comforted a former police officer on the death of his tortoise :pac:

Anyone comparing this to an Ubisoft cookie cutter is mental.

How have you found the way the missions are structured? I've noticed that a lot of them have this thing where you have to walk away for a while for it to progress. So you can follow up different leads on other stories

It seems interesting, the way they interweave it. Did not see this mentioned on any reviews. Also I failed a mission by taking to long to come back, which is an interesting consequence to have in a open world game full of icons

OSI wrote: »
    Seen a few comments complaining that the side missions are very samey and all "go place x, kill person y" and I wonder how many of those people played beyond the first couple of hours.

Off the top of my head the most recent side missions I've done include:
    Fighting contest
    Gun range contest
    Hunting down autonomous taxis with mental health issues
    Stealing a robot off a junkyard operator
    Infiltrating a station to hack a security computer
    Sneaking into a courier warehouse to steal a delivery van

Anyone comparing this to an Ubisoft cookie cutter is mental.

That last one

You could completely miss that if you didn't do the last part and you would have just got a complete mission and gone on your way.

Even the samey warehouse missions, after I'm done on the way out I find stuff and can see completely different routes and methods I could have gotten through the mission. Same for most missions, I keep noticing things after the fact on how I could have done something completely different.

Some of the side missions are really messed up or very different, not something you'd see in a lot of games. Lots of unique dialogue linking different missions together that you might not have gotten otherwise or that you get due to doing the mission in a certain way.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

As a 5700XT user running a 1440p monitor, I'd have the choice of running everything at medium with FideltyFX CAS set to 90% resolution to get an average of 60FPS. The other option is I could set everything to Ultra leave FideltyFX CAS to 100% and cap the game at 30FPS.

Ive tried the cap to 30 option (with nvidia) but for some reason with this particular game 30 is just unbearable. Not sure why

edit 1 frame per minute on xbox in that market area, lol
    https://streamable.com/7p489w

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

woo boy got Mantis Arms, shame i cant use them in the boxing matches tho :(

Those Cyber Psychos vary from very, very easy to holy **** she can teleport!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just at start of act 2, getting an absolute ton of jobs thrown at me but decided to call back
    Mama Welles
    and glad i did, that was really special and the bike I came away with is unreal. Between that and the Katana, think I'm set for a while.

Had to just reload a save as i met a guy on the main quest but when i entered the building, it was all zoomed in and fps took an awful hot. Started talking with him but couldn't select any convo options. Only buttons that worked were up which zoomed in and start button to go to settings. So i loaded back a safe 10 minutes earlier and headed there again. Half way there, got my first hard crash :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

I didn’t know what to make of it first 4 or 5 hours but the last 2 or 3 hours have been amazing and I’m hooked now . Playing on ps5 no real issues . They negativity would turn you off but iv had nearly all positives so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

brady12 wrote: »
    I didn’t know what to make of it first 4 or 5 hours but the last 2 or 3 hours have been amazing and I’m hooked now . Playing on ps5 no real issues . They negativity would turn you off but iv had nearly all positives so far .

I am the same. I think I was overwhelmed at first at the sheer scale of it and had to get back into a proper rpg mindset.

Playing on series x and read a forbes article on how to fix a few things graphically. Running great now and really getting into it.

The world is really brilliant. Some of the stuff is just nuts and like the Witcher I am getting pulled from pillar to post but really enjoying the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-for-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-review

IGN now giving a 4 out of 10 for last-gen base consoles and to ‘please don’t play’ on same. Wow.

Playing on a PS5 and only had one crash so far.
    Feel quite overwhelmed by the amount of systems and world-building in play but that just means more to get in-depth with.

Have to say it looks absolutely stunning and hope the issues get ironed out, can’t imagine how the devs are feeling right now, a lot of them have been front and center in YouTube videos and marketing etc and they seem like such a good bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Found another glitch online that gives you 30000 cash and a good amount of xp and street cred every minute.

It involves the boss in the early Act 2 mission
    I walk the line
    given to you by
    the vodoo gang

Went from around 30 street cred level to max (50) in the space of half an hour and gained half a million cash as well.

Going to do it a bit more since apparently getting all the cars costs nearly 2 million but the first thing I'm going to buy is definitely the best version of the guerilla arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Patches regarding graphic quality are all well and good. But can anything be done about the awfulness of the cop AI.

Just figured out that you can store stuff in you vehicle boot and some of the bikes too but the bike I have that it does it (not the first bike) won't let me for anything I try.

Useful to get a load of gear out to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Seems like gamespot scored it too high with 7/10 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Blazer wrote: »
    its common sense too that the new PS5/Series X wouldn't hit 120fps at 4k on titles but people still believed it and still believe it today.
    I don't blame people for being pissed..the game should never have been released on last gen consoles.

Apparently R6 Siege is to run at 120fps at 4k. Havent played it yet, counting the days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

IGN now giving a 4 out of 10 for last-gen base consoles and to ‘please don’t play’ on same. Wow.

Playing on a PS5 and only had one crash so far.
    Feel quite overwhelmed by the amount of systems and world-building in play but that just means more to get in-depth with.

Have to say it looks absolutely stunning and hope the issues get ironed out, can’t imagine how the devs are feeling right now, a lot of them have been front and center in YouTube videos and marketing etc and they seem like such a good bunch.

Cowboys, Ted. They're a bunch of cowboys.

With hindsight, we should've seen this coming. They've made what, 3 games prior to this? One of them being truly AAA. And for this they promised the world all while working with gameplay mechanics they've never touched upon before like driving, shooting and first person.

We're fairly dumb for boarding that hype train.

Advertisement