Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s clear they were happy to hide the game on purpose before release. The ‘here’s the game running on consoles’ videos were obviously designed to reassure people, while conveniently leaving out the reality of how the game ran by showing best case scenarios. An apology after the fact doesn’t do much to make up for a nakedly cynical move.

If nothing else, it should be a nail in the coffin of the idea that CDPR are some uniquely ‘gamer friendly’ company. The company is just as happy to pull some absolute bull**** when it suits their profit margins. I do feel sorry for the creative and technical teams who worked mental hours to get this out the door, and now likely face a few more months of that kind of work to hammer the thing into a playable state.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Markitron wrote: »
    It is an out and out PC game that had to release on consoles for financial reasons.

Performance on PC isn't the best either. Reading all kind of issues people are having on decent gaming rigs.

The only people who seem to be having a really good experience are people with intel i9s and RTX 3090s, and even they have all the stupid bugs.

It’s clear they were happy to hide the game on purpose before release. The ‘here’s the game running on consoles’ videos were obviously designed to reassure people, while conveniently leaving out the reality of how the game ran by showing best case scenarios. An apology after the fact doesn’t do much to make up for a nakedly cynical move.

The fact they only showed the Xbox One X and Series X and PS4 pro and PS5, was the first clue something was up, in those videos.

OSI wrote: »
    I've an i7 from 3 generations ago and a 2080S, runs 60FPS with Max settings and Ray Tracing on. Friend has a 1st gen Threadripper and a 1080Ti, and also runs it at 60FPS albeit without Ray Tracing.

I was engaging in hyperbole a little, but look at some of the issues people are having with AMD cpus and the various PC performance issue people are having that they are complaining about on various forums.

Its not clear sailing for all PC players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

cnocbui wrote: »
    I made a thread to warn people off these wánkers. You might want to have a look, there is an amazing clown on there insisting it's my fault and Royal Mail's, not Shopto posting 3 days later than they should have. :rolleyes:

Did you not get an email from Shopto on Friday saying they had posted it, including a tracking number, and another with your invoice?

Mine appears to still be in the Uk or in the process of leaving it, but it's not on Anpost yet so looks like it Wednesday at the earliest.

In a way, I don't really mind as Watchdogs Legion arrived last week and that is such a blast I'm not missing out on any fun.

Just checked it there, still in the UK 4 days after the game came out. Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's a very weak apology. It's blatant they put the console editions out under the radar and cashed in.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

If nothing else, it should be a nail in the coffin of the idea that CDPR are some uniquely ‘gamer friendly’ company. The company is just as happy to pull some absolute bull**** when it suits their profit margins. I do feel sorry for the creative and technical teams who worked mental hours to get this out the door, and now likely face a few more months of that kind of work to hammer the thing into a playable state.

They do some gamer friendly things, like releasing the game DRM free, releasing free DLC and having only one version of the game on sale instead of 3-5 different digital versions is something I like.

But yeah the only crunch situation and them effectively pulling a bait and switch on base console gamers does not cast them in a good light at all and they deserve every bit of criticism they get for it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

OSI wrote: »
    I've an i7 from 3 generations ago and a 2080S, runs 60FPS with Max settings and Ray Tracing on. Friend has a 1st gen Threadripper and a 1080Ti, and also runs it at 60FPS albeit without Ray Tracing.

Most benchmarking reviews I've seen don't show that level of performance for either cards at max settings at 1080p. More like 55FPS with 1% lows of 45FPS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m into Act 2 and was still waiting for the title card to drop. I googled out of curiosity, as I was expecting something like the original E3 trailer where you’d see it superimposed over the city or something cool like that.

Turns out I have seen the title card, and pretty sure I mistook it for a loading screen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I’m into Act 2 and was still waiting for the title card to drop. I googled out of curiosity, as I was expecting something like the original E3 trailer where you’d see it superimposed over the city or something cool like that.

Turns out I have seen the title card, and pretty sure I mistook it for a loading screen :pac:

I must have done the same. Speaking of E3, does the part where Keanu takes his glasses off and tells you to wake up even happen ?
    I completed Act 1 and woke up in the landfill but I don't think he appeared until I was back in the apartment.

Decided I'm just going to funnel all my attribute points into body and reflexes since I can already get by on stealth.

I bought the perk that lets you throw knives and my advice: don't buy it. The knives you throw are the same knives you use as a melee weapon and once you throw it you can't pick it back up, so you need to either buy or loot a lot of knives and constantly be equipping new knives to make use of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I heard there's little point in putting points in reflexes as a lot of what it governs is taken care of by equipment.
    That's my theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote: »

If I never see those yellow pages again I will be 100% ok with that. Good luck getting the shops to give you a refund too. Responses to that tweet are almost universally embarrassing too, well done on that twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Some of the sidequests are fantastic, they make you feel like you're the main character in a HBO series. In particular the ones with the
    mayoral candidate, the detective and thier subsequent quests
    . As someone else said, you don't know what to expect when you start them or how they're going to play out.

I haven't played any other game that offers such an experience and it makes it easy to forget it's flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Loving the guerilla arms though.

What do you do extra to make sure you win at every fight? I have those now, yet I am still not making much of a dent in the xp of the fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

This thread is the least hate boner-ey of all the Cyberpunk threads I've been commenting on, I'd say people on here are either into the game or are pretty underwhelmed by it. Not memeing on how **** it is or how they hate it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Smiles35 wrote: »
    What do you do extra to make sure you win at every fight? I have those now, yet I am still not making much of a dent in the xp of the fighters.

I haven't beaten the boxing quest yet because I'm still too low level.

I did try one of them where the guy wagered a car and got him to 10% before he shoved me and I instantly died.

The perks in the brawler tree that add a % chance to stun and a % chance to emit a shock when you take damage are good as well.

There's also multiple versions of the guerilla arms so if you can afford it you could get a legendary/epic version which does more damage although I think you need a high street level to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Some of the sidequests are fantastic, they make you feel like you're the main character in a HBO series. In particular the ones with the
    mayoral candidate, the detective and thier subsequent quests
    . As someone else said, you don't know what to expect when you start them or how they're going to play out.

I haven't played any other game that offers such an experience and it makes it easy to forget it's flaws.

What about Passion quest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

This thread is the least hate boner-ey of all the Cyberpunk threads I've been commenting on, I'd say people on here are either into the game or are pretty underwhelmed by it. Not memeing on how **** it is or how they hate it so much.

Internet forums can generally bring out the most extreme versions of people. I'd like to think that here people are a bit more rational. Yes the game is good for people who actually get to play it on a platform that works right. Yes it's terrible for last gen platforms.

I see some of the developers of the game have left twitter for awhile because they were getting abusive messages and threats. No need for that kinda stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

I am not really clued up on this. But are there expectations that last gen would provide the same visual experience as new gen? Surely everyone knows that that is not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

SmokyMo wrote: »
    I am not really clued up on this. But are there expectations that last gen would provide the same visual experience as new gen? Surely everyone knows that that is not possible.

People knew it wasn't going to look like it did on PC, but dipping under 20 FPS with all those bugs is completely unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

SmokyMo wrote: »

It's not just the visuals, the last gen version struggles to run the game at an acceptable level. While also looking ugly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 AmirPelavin01

I really really really shouldn't be browsing though forums to avoid spoilers but I'm pleased to see that almost every post is just contents from the beginning hahahaa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I really really really shouldn't be browsing though forums to avoid spoilers but I'm pleased to see that almost every post is just contents from the beginning hahahaa

I left the reddit forum for it, things were starting to pop up that could be deemed spoiler-y. So far I've avoided pretty much all spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

Azza wrote: »
    They do some gamer friendly things, like releasing the game DRM free, releasing free DLC and having only one version of the game on sale instead of 3-5 different digital versions is something I like.

But yeah the only crunch situation and them effectively pulling a bait and switch on base console gamers does not cast them in a good light at all and they deserve every bit of criticism they get for it.

Even more gamer friendly is to release on time in a proper state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Got to play it on Stadia last night, Christ the difference is (understandably) something else to the last gen version.
    I pre-ordered it for the xbox one in summer of 2019 - think i'll be taking them up on their offer of a refund. difference is night and day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Still no sign of my Smyth's delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

ERG89 wrote: »
    If I never see those yellow pages again I will be 100% ok with that. Good luck getting the shops to give you a refund too. Responses to that tweet are almost universally embarrassing too, well done on that twitter.

Black text on yellow background was a bad choice considering what has happened this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I finally sow title screen thingy after 8+ hours of playing. Damn, had 11h shift yesterday and still played until 3 last night, because I didn't realised how late it got. Needless to say, I am enjoying it so far. Runs well on series x and looks good in my books, then again, it was a while since I was graphics snob.

I ran in to some minor bugs, but it expected that. Before playing Cyberpunk, I played Fallout 76, that **** is out for how long now and is way buggier then this. In my books, for the scale of the game they aimed for, this game has minor bug issue, not doomsday level that Internet batching about.

No matter what, people will moan. Its this day and age. The most annoying people are the ones, who bought it day one and now complain how it needed more time and its too buggy. Like you had all this information you could look up and see the state of the game. And if you were willing to wait and have game delayed more, then all you needed to do is.... not to buy game now and buy it later.

Advertisement