Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think the HDR is causing the crashing on my PS5. Gonna turn it off and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I just tried this on Geforce Now free tier via a browser hack. Looks great and can get 60fps. Might actually pay for a month of this service until I get a new PC, especially considering a recent steam update borked me from playing any Windows games.

What's very weird is that... I didn't even buy the game and Nvidia are letting me play it. I dunno what's going on but I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Apparently R6 Siege is to run at 120fps at 4k. Havent played it yet, counting the days

It’s a 5 year old game. It better run at 120fps at 4K.
    Microsoft and Sony have been very clever on this.
    Really the only games that will hit 120fps would be the indie games or old games patched to remove the FPS lock and upscale the resolution.
    Microsoft have already admitted this.
    But new games say like BF6 when it launches etc? You’re talking 30-60fps at most and at 60fps it would be a dynamic resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

xtal191 wrote: »

That's depressing watching that. I have noticed all of that aswell in my playthrough. When you fire a weapon people just hunker down and do nothing else. The NCPD don't care what you do. The world is not very immersive. Sure, it can look nice but it has no substance. Little to no interaction with any other NPC outside of quests. Driving is doing my head in, very clunky, vehicles slide way to much. I have to drive on motorbikes to negate some of the annoying mechanics.

It really is damning that reviewing websites have revisited their reviews and dropped the PS4 and Xbox One versions to 4/10 with stark warnings not to play the game on those consoles... the very consoles the game was built for... With each day that passes you'd think people would be getting over the gapping holes in Cyberpunk, but they arn't, Twitter is still a blaze with bug upon bug, more and more people are requesting refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Those Valentinos are monster hard. I'm going to be looking for the sneaky ways to do missions every time with them from now on.

So, that's two things I need progression points for. Brawler to beat those boxing missions and handguns for silenced pistol runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s a 5 year old game. It better run at 120fps at 4K.
    Microsoft and Sony have been very clever on this.
    Really the only games that will hit 120fps would be the indie games or old games patched to remove the FPS lock and upscale the resolution.
    Microsoft have already admitted this.
    But new games say like BF6 when it launches etc? You’re talking 30-60fps at most and at 60fps it would be a dynamic resolution.

I am hitting 120FPS on RB6, averaging 110-120, albeit at a much lower resolution. The way future games will work is by offering two modes, Performance mode for your 120FPS but with cutback visuals, lower resolution etc and Quality modem for your 4K images but FPS will be 30 id say.

120FPS is only for FPS and Platformers. RPGs etc will primarily run in 30FPS because FPS is far less important . Id say we will have many graphical choices in future next gen games, giving the user the choice to play a game how they want, much like a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ZiabR wrote: »
    I am hitting 120FPS on RB6, averaging 110-120, albeit at a much lower resolution. The way future games will work is by offering two modes, Performance mode for your 120FPS but with cutback visuals, lower resolution etc and Quality modem for your 4K images but FPS will be 30 id say.

120FPS is only for FPS and Platformers. RPGs etc will primarily run in 30FPS because FPS is far less important . Id say we will have many graphical choices in future next gen games, giving the user the choice to play a game how they want, much like a PC.

Yes a much lower resolution.
    You will have to comprise to get 120fps. Which is not what MS was claiming.
    Look I love my series X. But make no bones about it...it was never a 120fps console barring some indie games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Agreed - this posted earlier - its just shamefull CDPR published this game with the AI systems in place. An utter disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Smiles35 wrote: »
    So, that's two things I need progression points for. Brawler to beat those boxing missions and handguns for silenced pistol runs.

There's a glitch I encountered with one of the boxing missions that can leave you missing 12k even if you win. The spoilers are just vague mission/reward details but I'll leave them spoilered in case people don't want to see it.

The opponent is mild
    an army veteran under a bridge/highway
    when you talk to him you'll have the option of upping the bet to 12k in exchange for his
    sniper rifle
    but if you do this and win you only get the
    sniper rifle
    and no money back.

The way around this is to only bet the normal amount and after you beat him he'll get up again and you can pick a dialogue choice to fight again. Once you beat him that time you can just take the
    sniper rifle
    and you still have the winnings from the first fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gyan84 wrote: »
    There's a glitch I encountered with one of the boxing missions that can leave you missing 12k even if you win. The spoilers are just vague mission/reward details but I'll leave them spoilered in case people don't want to see it.

The opponent is mild
    an army veteran under a bridge/highway
    when you talk to him you'll have the option of upping the bet to 12k in exchange for his
    sniper rifle
    but if you do this and win you only get the
    sniper rifle
    and no money back.

The way around this is to only bet the normal amount and after you beat him he'll get up again and you can pick a dialogue choice to fight again. Once you beat him that time you can just take the
    sniper rifle
    and you still have the winnings from the first fight.

He one hit me and I lost 12k (3 times) left him for now but gonna batter him at some point, that sniper rifle looks cool. I still have about 75% health and he said the fight was over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What a mess, CDPR were stuck in a damned if they release it and damned if they don't situation. I've held off buying it, will check back in 6 months but I think even then it'll still be a mess. I do feel sorry for CDPR for all the comparisons people are making against Rockstar. Rockstar have been building open world games for years and I would assume have a fundamental AI/NPC framework they use and improve on for all their open world games since GTA 3. CDPR had Witcher 3 but doesn't seem like it helped them much in the development of Cyberpunk. Realistically it needed at least another year if not more to get it to a properly release ready state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He one hit me and I lost 12k (3 times) left him for now but gonna batter him at some point, that sniper rifle looks cool. I still have about 75% health and he said the fight was over.

I reloaded and played it a couple of times before solving the issue.

I beat him easily every time except one where he randomly just stopped hitting me and said he won even though I had nearly full health.

In other Cyberpunk news, a 50 minute meeting of CDPR shareholders discussing the launch and future plans is online: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kdemr1/cd_projekt_red_emergency_board_call_recording/

Haven't listened to it yet but no doubt it'll be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

What a mess, CDPR were stuck in a damned if they release it and damned if they don't situation.

I think they should have just released the PC version and delayed the console versions until next year. There are probably a million financial reasons why they couldn't do this but I think they would have come out a lot better in every other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Blazer wrote: »
    Yes a much lower resolution.
    You will have to comprise to get 120fps. Which is not what MS was claiming.
    Look I love my series X. But make no bones about it...it was never a 120fps console barring some indie games.

Destiny 2 crucible and warzone are both 120fps games on both consoles, so it can be done with good game engines and devs who are willing to put the time in to achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Destiny 2 crucible and warzone are both 120fps games on both consoles, so it can be done with good game engines and devs who are willing to put the time in to achieve it.

Did you put "warzone and good game engine" in the same post? Would imagine it runs well on a PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Aren't they both last-gen games though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hide the pain samurai

ny1ztu3wv5561.jpg

Markitron wrote: »
    Aren't they both last-gen games though?

Technically , yes, but warzone is running on a 'new for CoD' engine *edit - this is the game engine going forward for this generation, Cold war is an outlier working off the older engine, and D2 is to my eyes one of the most graphically impressive games of the last gen.

plus, How long has cyberpunk been in production? the last gen consoles were a known quantity when they started development so they cant hide behind that hurdle.

everyone fawns over the witcher 3, but in fairness, while the countryside looked good, the character animations were very poor, and not much better than what was in Witcher 2. Not sure why everyone hyped up their expectations for this - they've no track record of doing it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

ZiabR wrote: »
    That's depressing watching that. I have noticed all of that aswell in my playthrough. When you fire a weapon people just hunker down and do nothing else. The NCPD don't care what you do. The world is not very immersive. Sure, it can look nice but it has no substance. Little to no interaction with any other NPC outside of quests. Driving is doing my head in, very clunky, vehicles slide way to much. I have to drive on motorbikes to negate some of the annoying mechanics.

It really is damning that reviewing websites have revisited their reviews and dropped the PS4 and Xbox One versions to 4/10 with stark warnings not to play the game on those consoles... the very consoles the game was built for... With each day that passes you'd think people would be getting over the gapping holes in Cyberpunk, but they arn't, Twitter is still a blaze with bug upon bug, more and more people are requesting refunds.

I find the whole 4/10 and warning not to play on PS4/Xbox One as pretty over the top melodrama - I'm playing on a 2014 PS4 and having an absolute blast with the game. Yes there are graphical hitches here and there but the core game is playing fine and I'm really enjoying it. It's hard to take notice of 4/10 when these same outlets will give indie games that could run on a toaster 10/10 and they don't have a quarter of the depth or story that this does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

What a mess, CDPR were stuck in a damned if they release it and damned if they don't situation. I've held off buying it, will check back in 6 months but I think even then it'll still be a mess. I do feel sorry for CDPR for all the comparisons people are making against Rockstar. Rockstar have been building open world games for years and I would assume have a fundamental AI/NPC framework they use and improve on for all their open world games since GTA 3. CDPR had Witcher 3 but doesn't seem like it helped them much in the development of Cyberpunk. Realistically it needed at least another year if not more to get it to a properly release ready state.

I honestly don’t think it would have made a difference the game was just built in a terrible state they should have never even put down a release date I mean can you imagine how bad this would have looked back in April it’s original date in what world did anyone in that company think this was ready for a 2020 release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Like others have said I think they should have just released on PC for now, then do a next gen version 6 months down the line

I realise that the financial realities of ignoring the last gen systems aren't something that can be ignored but the game just appears to not operate right on those systems. Whatever about the game's overall design it is definitely a next gen title in its map design, the I/O burden on these old systems is pushing them to the hilt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I find the whole 4/10 and warning not to play on PS4/Xbox One as pretty over the top melodrama - I'm playing on a 2014 PS4 and having an absolute blast with the game. Yes there are graphical hitches here and there but the core game is playing fine and I'm really enjoying it. It's hard to take notice of 4/10 when these same outlets will give indie games that could run on a toaster 10/10 and they don't have a quarter of the depth or story that this does.

Have you had any hard crashes on your base PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I tell you whats not hard to take notice of,15fps when trying to shoot something in the head:pac:

biggebruv wrote: »
    Have you had any hard crashes on your base PS4

Not 1 and that's the truth - I have about 11 hours played now. There's some graphical glitches (t-poses, textures loading) and slowdown in some specific areas of the city (not slideshow bad but noticeable, they only seem to last a few seconds) but to be honest, they are so brief I'm kind of not even noticing them at the moment if they are happening.

It looks dreadful on PS4. You must have super low standards.

It looks dreadful on PS4. You must have super low standards.

There's actually certain parts of the game that look absolutely amazing, I don't even think the base graphics are that bad at all. As I said earlier in thread, I'm playing this with HDR enabled on a 4K UHD set after years of a 1080p TV only. And I'm gaming long enough that I've played games before where the faces were nothing but melted cubes (Kingpin anyone? :D). That's not excusing them at all in a 2020 game which aims to model as realistic as possible but they happen so briefly I don't really mind them and I'm sure that will be patched at some point.

I'm approaching it with the following mindset

1) Playthrough it now in this state as Corpo and learn the main story beats, big decisions etc.
    2) Do a 2nd playthrough as Street Kid a few months down the line when it has been patched and updated a bit.

There's actually certain parts of the game that look absolutely amazing, I don't even think the base graphics are that bad at all. As I said earlier in thread, I'm playing this with HDR enabled on a 4K UHD set after years of a 1080p TV only. And I'm gaming long enough that I've played games before where the faces were nothing but melted cubes (Kingpin anyone? :D). That's not excusing them at all in a 2020 game which aims to model as realistic as possible but they happen so briefly I don't really mind them and I'm sure that will be patched at some point.

1) Playthrough it now in this state as Corpo and learn the main story beats, big decisions etc.
    2) Do a 2nd playthrough as Street Kid a few months down the line when it has been patched and updated a bit.

While its not unreasonable to expect a certain level of performance and polish, in recent years, the discourse has gone more detailed in calling out things like screen tearing / frame drops etc.

back in the days of starfox on the snes, we didnt know what any of that was , but its more acknowledged now.
    The problem a lot of these high profile messes have, is that they try to hit too many targets at once, and fail miserably.

we could all tolerate something that doesnt look great if it ran super smooth, or had top notch AI etc, but this is hitting AC Unity levels of glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Anyone know if Tesco are honouring the refunds? I've bought this as a present, would probably give it back and get something else now if I could, given the furore.

If you're enjoying it, that's great. But what I've seen is nowhere near enough for me to part with €60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The combat against the Maelstromers drops down to 14fps here on xbox, very uncomfortable/nauseating

Even outside of that it has this weird stutter, running at 20fps. Reminds me of the framerates of PS1 games, which is hard to excuse on a modern FPS.

It's not an exaggeration to call this version of the game unplayable to lots of people.

This mostly seems to be the xbox version they're showing though, not PS4

Advertisement