Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday - Chat thread

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Viks26

I bought the Asus Zenbook from Currys and it was delivered yesterday. I only had it on for a little while yesterday, but first impressions for anybody who is thinking of buying it:
    - Build quality is absolutely top drawer. I knew it would be good, but was surprised by how good it is
    - Lovely screen
    - Speakers are pretty decent for laptop speakers, but tinny when turned up load
    - Keyboard is lovely to type on
    - Being able to use the trackpad as a numeric pad is really handy. If you press the top right corner of the trackpad, it lights up a display to show the numeric pad
    - The backlight didn't work on the keyboard initially, but as Windows was cycling threw downloading and installing updates, one of them must have been the drivers for it, as it began working after a restart
    - I can't comment on performance yet as I only had it on for a short time and it was installing so many updates that it was running a bit slow. Once I have all updates installed over the next few days, I will get more of an idea of it
    - Overall, very happy so far

Any update on how you're getting on with this so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Viks26 wrote: »
    Any update on how you're getting on with this so far?

Bought one of these for my wife and I'm very happy with the quality of the laptop and performance is great.

When opened, the back edge of the top section is the stand, so I'm cautious that I don't drag it about to avoid scuffing. See pic here

The display is nice and bright, the ability to change the trackpad into a numpad is very handy and I hope to wrestle it away from the wife more often.

Advertisement