Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday - Chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

chonix wrote: »
    ahh, another pure soul added to the spirited age of consumerism

It is an American thing at the end of the day but I buy most of my hue lights and CCTV as they come down so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Black Friday itself is next week

Black Friday sales are now 2 weeks long

Also don't forget 11.11 before that and Cyber Monday that usually lasts a few days after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

It is an American thing at the end of the day but I buy most of my hue lights and CCTV as they come down so much.

To be fair, it's an American thing that they only adapted it in a half-assed way as usual. The discounts here aren't anywhere near the level they are over there,
    and even when the likes of Amazon do seem to have a sizeable discount; it's only because the price sky rocketed the week before. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Very few of the discounts on “Black Friday”
    Are any better to the discounts available during the year

Cyber Monday is just a chance to get rid of any of the s**t they haven’t managed to flog already....knock another 5% and then let it go

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The irony of Amazon advertising all around Dublin city centre on those massive display yokes and the front of the Stephen's Green centre.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/amazon-advertising-in-retail-spots-could-become-a-familiar-irony-1.4092284%3fmode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Picked up the Echo Show 8. 50% off. Can’t see them increasing that if I wait.

I’m noticing delivery dates for Prime customers is now 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

duffman13 wrote: »
    Pay in Sterling using Revolut, you can avoid the extorionate exchange rate then. Revolut has been available for a number of years and is brilliant for this type of stuff

As I said I have Revolut, using it for years and it's not the point I was making at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

To be fair, it's an American thing that they only adapted it in a half-assed way as usual. The discounts here aren't anywhere near the level they are over there,
    and even when the likes of Amazon do seem to have a sizeable discount; it's only because the price sky rocketed the week before. :rolleyes:
    Little old lady got trampled over there carrying a huge TV in a store

Mad stampede

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Senature

Echo Dot reduced to £22 on Amazon, I just bought one for €26 in Currys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

murpho999 wrote: »
    As I said I have Revolut, using it for years and it's not the point I was making at all.

let it go, no one here has an answer for you that you want to hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Kindle paperwhite for £95 worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

py2006 wrote: »

Yes, very much so if you like reading or want to get back into it.

£95 seems like the cheapest it has been for the non ads version for the last year. You can get a cheaper version that has some ads when you open it. I thought I would hate them but I ended up giving my non ad version to my Mum and taking her paperwhite with ads and it really isn't that bad. I hardly notice the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Just a thought on the new versions of both: from doing a bit of research it seems they are closer than ever in terms of reading a regular book. The new version of the regular kindle has front lights which are very useful.

Apparently, where the paperwhite comes into its own is for graphic or picture heavy novels, also for audio books it has the benefit of much larger onboard memory. If these aren't a necessity for you, I'd stick with the regular one.

That said, I own an older version of the paperwhite and love it to bits.

Just today though I bought the new version of the regular one as a gift for my mam, having done a bit of research.

Edit: The ads aren't bothersome in the slightest, save the 10 pounds, or spend it on a book or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Never paid any attention to BF before but I need a new TV. Seen this one on sale in currys at the minute. Anyone know if it's a good deal. Also wondering is there better deals on the actual Friday rather than before?

Thanks

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-39c790-39-smart-led-tv-10195968-pdt.html

Never paid any attention to BF before but I need a new TV. Seen this one on sale in currys at the minute. Anyone know if it's a good deal. Also wondering is there better deals on the actual Friday rather than before?

Thanks

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/jvc-lt-39c790-39-smart-led-tv-10195968-pdt.html

What’s your budget? You get what you pay for and those cheaper brands can be poor quality in terms of pic

Thanks

That's good value for a cheapo 39"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just noticed when placing an order for some Lego a minute ago that the price on the item changes upwards by a couple of pound sterling for supposed free shipping to Ireland with Prime. Cost of item to DPD in Northern Ireland - 85 pound with no cost for shipping. Cost of item to address in Ireland - 88 pound with no cost for shipping. Sneeky fcukers.

Glebee wrote: »
    Just noticed when placing an order for some Lego a minute ago that the price on the item changes upwards by a couple of pound sterling for supposed free shipping to Ireland with Prime. Cost of item to DPD in Northern Ireland - 85 pound with no cost for shipping. Cost of item to address in Ireland - 88 pound with no cost for shipping. Sneeky fcukers.

Vat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Vat

Cheers, Damn you Leo...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Thanks

Look up richer sounds on here.

They will be straight up about brand, quality and price.

They do good offers too.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What’s your budget? You get what you pay for and those cheaper brands can be poor quality in terms of pic

Its JVC, thought they were alright. Tbh I dont really know anything about what's good or bad. Have a old second hand one at the minute so probably anything would be better.

Is it likely that there would be better deals on the actual black friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Was looking for one myself. Currently €99 in Currys PC World, so I'm going to hold fire for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Argos have some good prices on TVs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭robwen

Thanks

Lidl have a 50 inch 4k smart Samsung TV Black Friday deal €399.99

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/black-weekend-sale/50-inch-4k-smart-tv/p32137

&

43 inch Full HD Smart LED TV
    Toshiba for €229

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/black-weekend-sale/43-inch-full-hd-smart-led-tv/p32135

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Its JVC, thought they were alright. Tbh I dont really know anything about what's good or bad. Have a old second hand one at the minute so probably anything would be better.

JVC were alright in the 90's and maybe even the 00's but they no longer exist except as a brand name with their european products made in Turkey by Vestel.

JVC long gone.....

Samsung or LG are your top brands for screen quality

Thinking of the Toshiba one from lidl then. Thanks for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Look up richer sounds on here.

They will be straight up about brand, quality and price.

They do good offers too.

And 6 year warranty.
    And they are absolutely fantastic to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Bought some gear there. Got the dreaded email......DPD doing delivery for Amazon. Couldn't fault anpost. Have had nothing but hassle from DPD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Bought some gear there. Got the dreaded email......DPD doing delivery for Amazon. Couldn't fault anpost. Have had nothing but hassle from DPD.

I never had problem with DPD.

Fastway, DHL, UPS are beyond nightmare.

Advertisement