Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday - Chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sony WH-CH700N Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones £79.99 -

Does anybody own these? Looking for a pair of noise cancelling ones but I'm no audiophile and don't listen to a huge amount of music so i don't know if I fancy spending 2 or 300 on a pair. These have good reviews, all I'd be using them for is the odd flight/bus trip and watching tv at home. Have had a pair of Sonys for about 4 years and they were a fantastic buy but the material on the ears has ripped.

I've had these since the summer and they've been excellent so far, no complaints here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Does anybody own these? Looking for a pair of noise cancelling ones but I'm no audiophile and don't listen to a huge amount of music so i don't know if I fancy spending 2 or 300 on a pair. These have good reviews, all I'd be using them for is the odd flight/bus trip and watching tv at home. Have had a pair of Sonys for about 4 years and they were a fantastic buy but the material on the ears has ripped.

I have had these since last December. Got them as a Christmas present. Iirc they were about 79 eur from curry’s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

djdunny wrote: »
    The Philips XXL dropped to £81.99 on the 3rd of December last year. It was at that price very briefly though. But that’s the thrill of the bargain hunt :)

I had it in my basket and forgot to check out! Still raging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Try these

Sony WH-1000XM2 Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Noise Cancelling High Resolution Headphones with Gesture Control, Activity Recognition, 30 Hours Battery Life, Amazon Alexa - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074ZRG5MN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tfg3DbCS3JBHW

20% off the like new price. Excellent headphones. Spot me on ryanair flight. I'm the one who sleeps all way too tenerife because I hear nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

The FIL is looking to buy the MIL a tablet for Christmas (10inch with keyboard). He has asked us for advice. We originally suggested a Samsung tab 10 and generic Bluetooth keyboard for around 200euro as she has a Samsung phone so used to the interface. Only being using for mobile banking really and rarely at that but it's what she wants. Was looking at the Fire 10 today as a possible option. Does it use Android or what? Can the major apps i.e BOI 365, AIB etc be downloaded easily? I genuinely don't think shell use it for anything else but still want something that's future proof ish incase. Also can slim keyboards (similar to surface pro) be got for fire 10 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

iggy wrote: »
    Looking to get a fitbit versa 2.
    I see the fitbit charge was reduced today.
    U reckon the fitbit versa 2 will be reduced?

I see it for €180 ex delivery on Italia site 🀷ðŸ¼*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

The FIL is looking to buy the MIL a tablet for Christmas (10inch with keyboard). He has asked us for advice. We originally suggested a Samsung tab 10 and generic Bluetooth keyboard for around 200euro as she has a Samsung phone so used to the interface. Only being using for mobile banking really and rarely at that but it's what she wants. Was looking at the Fire 10 today as a possible option. Does it use Android or what? Can the major apps i.e BOI 365, AIB etc be downloaded easily? I genuinely don't think shell use it for anything else but still want something that's future proof ish incase. Also can slim keyboards (similar to surface pro) be got for fire 10 ?

The tablet will do all that, but believe me you will need to know who to goggle. Because you need to install 4 simple files first.
    Highly recommend tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

givecredit wrote:
    The tablet will do all that, but believe me you will need to know who to goggle. Because you need to install 4 simple files first. Highly recommend tablet

May be more hassle than it's worth. I don't want a phone call every time something won't work. Bad enough getting it from my parents haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭Soarer

givecredit wrote: »
    Try these

Sony WH-1000XM2 Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Noise Cancelling High Resolution Headphones with Gesture Control, Activity Recognition, 30 Hours Battery Life, Amazon Alexa - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074ZRG5MN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tfg3DbCS3JBHW

20% off the like new price. Excellent headphones. Spot me on ryanair flight. I'm the one who sleeps all way too tenerife because I hear nothing.

Excellent recommendation.

Now to go google if the XM3 are worth the premium on the XM2 warehouse price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,091 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The teckin smart bulbs are great and not as expensive as the Philips Hue. No hub either

Smart LED Light Bulb WiFi B22 Bayonet Dimmable and Multicolor Works with Phone, Google Home and IFTTT, No Hub Required, TECKIN A19 60W Equivalent RGB Bulb 7.5W, with Schedule Function, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K1J1RDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9ch3DbF3P0P91

Don't think there in any black Friday offers but they appear now and again on the lightning deals. Got a 2 pack for €27 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The teckin smart bulbs are great and not as expensive as the Philips Hue. No hub either

Smart LED Light Bulb WiFi B22 Bayonet Dimmable and Multicolor Works with Phone, Google Home and IFTTT, No Hub Required, TECKIN A19 60W Equivalent RGB Bulb 7.5W, with Schedule Function, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K1J1RDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9ch3DbF3P0P91

Don't think there in any black Friday offers but they appear now and again on the lightning deals. Got a 2 pack for €27 delivered

Have 2 of these and the coloured mode is nowhere near as bright as I'd like. The white colour temp is also far too high at 6500k

If going for more would pick a 2700k or 3000k variant and try to find something with reviews about better brightness.

That said they do me nicely for just the one room they're in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭djdunny

For an extra £10 you could get 2 x Philips Hue white + an Echo Dot.

Echo Dot (3rd Gen), Charcoal Fabric + Philips Hue White Smart Bulb Twin Pack LED (E27) | Bluetooth & ZigBee compatible (no hub required) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZZRGJ7H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mnh3DbZ22HXDD

• Registered Users Posts: 38,091 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have the echo spot already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m looking for an echo this year, and I’m not even looking at anything else. I always end up buying stuff that I had no intention of buying.

Get the studio version. That sound is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Have the echo spot already

Pop it in another room. Good deal that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would avoid the Fire. I chose the Huawei Mediapad 5 from Curry's - it's the same price as Amazon's sale €169. Lots of good reviews. Nice to be able to match Amazon from a local store & two year warranty.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I got a 3 pack of white hue lights. First thing I've bought this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I got a 3 pack of white hue lights. First thing I've bought this week.

Before you went romping with your school chums in the fens and spinneys?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Before you went romping with your school chums in the fens and spinneys?

Naturally :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Echo Dot (3rd Gen), Charcoal Fabric + Philips Hue White Smart Bulb Twin Pack LED (E27) | Bluetooth & ZigBee compatible (no hub required) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZZRGJ7H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mnh3DbZ22HXDD

this is a great deal, Can Echo dot be used as bluetooth streaming? Have Echo plus already but not sure if echo dot can be used for light music etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

May be more hassle than it's worth. I don't want a phone call every time something won't work. Bad enough getting it from my parents haha.

The deal isn't on Amazon, but I think this is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone spot any decent deals for cordless vacuums?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

Anyone noted any good deals on wearables? Had hoped for a better deal on the Versa 2 or Amazon watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

iggy wrote: »
    Looking to get a fitbit versa 2.
    I see the fitbit charge was reduced today.
    U reckon the fitbit versa 2 will be reduced?

Is camel camel uk the best place to get price updates on products?

Be careful with the "no hub" thing.

Some of the routers (Eir) can only handle around 16 wireless devices.
    So if you get a few bulbs and have a few tablets/phones/etc., it could cause an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭oceanman

hi all, any good deals on android 10inch tablets, just need something basic but reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

What do people use the Echo dot for ? Smart home stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Deedsie wrote: »
    National Geographic Newtonian Telescope 114/ 900 AZ with tripod https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009X5QPM0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_iQd3Db6PH5KQM

Hi,

Not really up in the amazon black friday deals. Is there anyway to know if the above item will have a black friday discount price?
    Barnaboy wrote: »
    I'm guessing that you are looking to get into astronomy or looking to buy for a loved one. Don't buy this 'junkscope' at any price! Don't be fooled by the name.

Spend your money on a good pair of binoculars or an entry level scope from an established brand. Go over to the astronomy pages on boards and read up before buying anything. It's awe inspiring what you can see with good optics. Using a cheap telescope will only disappoint and put you off the hobby.

So far as I know this scope here is well regarded in the beginner bracket and is a comparable price:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0013Z42AK/?coliid=I215I9P48KYL11&colid=11T9S812IHA44&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I've been close to pulling the trigger on it myself a few times over the years. I'm the farthest thing from an expert so definitely do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    What do people use the Echo dot for ? Smart home stuff...

I control my Nest Thermostats (Upstairs and Down).
    My Hue Lights. (on off and dim)
    My Tekin Smart Plugs that control standard lamps or fan in my home office.
    My TV and Roku (Via Harmony Elite Remote)
    My Eufy Robovac

Then I use it for playing spotify, setting reminders and general assistant stuff.

• Advertisement

I control my Nest Thermostats (Upstairs and Down).
    My Hue Lights. (on off and dim)
    My Tekin Smart Plugs that control standard lamps or fan in my home office.
    My TV and Roku (Via Harmony Elite Remote)
    My Eufy Robovac

Then I use it for playing spotify, setting reminders and general assistant stuff.

Yup, very similar to the above.

I've my Tekins connected to the kids' electric blankets, and an echo dot in the living room.
    So when we give them a 20 minute warning before bed, they say "Alexa, turn on the lads' electric blankets", and away she goes.

@ Michael. Has there ever been an update for Alexa to boost the hot water? Haven't tried in ages.

Advertisement