Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭blackwhite

He’s too stupid to even complete a template provided by SIPO properly.

Drops values into the notes, but declares nil values into the Income and Expenditure account.

Leaves in all the template notes to accounts which apply to parties with actual elected representatives, and doesn’t even have the wit to change €x to €0.

I wonder when he’ll realise it’s an offence to file an incorrect SIPO declaration? Although he probably things those pesky laws are a conspiracy to target him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

He basically spent near a grand of his own money on this or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I’m no financial wiz kid or forensic accountant .. but I thought that in order to have expenditure in a set of accounts you need income or balance carried forward ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He basically spent near a grand of his own money on this or am I missing something?

Not to be pedantic but as the guy hasn't had gainful employment in well over a decade therefore the money coming into the household is in the form of benefits in order for him to support his 6 kids I'd say that he has spent near a grand of his family's money.

And hell do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

humberklog wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic but as the guy hasn't had gainful employment in well over a decade therefore the money coming into the household is in the form of benefits in order for him to support his 6 kids I'd say that he has spent near a grand of his family's money.

And hell do it again.

It's not being pedantic.

He is perfectly happy to deprive his family to service his ego.

The man is sick.

• Advertisement

as he has received no donations and has 'self financed' the election campaigns one can only deduce that the social welfare being received by the Rudd household is in excess to that which is required ... no wonder the social welfare budget is so high

from 10th september
    FREE EDUCATION???
    Some schools are getting very clever in order to get around state edict that 'voluntary fees' (claimed to be for paper, toilet roll and lockers) should not be forced on people.
    My daughter comes home from school today. She says that the school has organised a trip. It's free - but only to those that have paid this (€100) 'fee' now PR renamed as a "Registration fee". Talk about possible blackmailing or using pressure tactics on parents! It's disgusting.
    For some parents, it's open social discrimination - possible 'outing' of children for others to see ("Why isn't 'Mary' going on the trip?") against those that possibly can't afford to pay these clever applied additional fees.
    The 'voluntary' fee goes on under an different guise?
    if you hadn't been so busy living your fantasy life you could have paid your registration fee for each of your 6 children twice

Quit poor mouthing when you waste your money of a ridiculous fantasy, you are never getting elected to anything, your freeloading ways will never inspire enough people, you can dream of an economic crash that might send some people back to you in panic, but jeff, you are a regional non entity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

He makes a good point, though.

Woke Hogan wrote: »

Where exactly is the good point?

There's a voluntary fee to cover anything not funded by the Department of Education.

A trip comes up, which will have associated costs which ordinarily wouldn't be covered by the DoE funding.

Our hero expects that this should be yet another thing that other people pay for, and he and his gets for free (all whilst spunking over €1k of welfare on his own ego-stroking, instead of using it where it's supposed to go - supporting his family)

Ah heyore,

this is not a new stealth fee, these were in place when I was in secondary school in the 90's (at £100, so they are doing well to keep it at that level)

If this is too onerous, don't have 6 kids, I don't & won't (unless the next one ends up being quadruplets).

Coupled with the fact that he has just pissed more than a grand up the wall on an always doomed to fail ego boosting project.

The man cannot be defended.

• Advertisement

Isn't this one of the things you could possibly spend some of that back to school allowance on :confused:

he is quick to point out this stuff - however; if i recall he had a bumbing post lauding praise on the teachers who were taking one of his kids away on a trip at the end of last year - so by his own admission she is not missing out. Our generous social welfare system allow him to have 6 children without not working - 6 children who are fed, dressed, educated and get to go on school trips - but yet this aint enough ... he wants more

You know what type of parent Jeff is. Goes to every parent teacher meeting giving each teacher the stink eye , but unable to converse because the fantastic arguments he has in his own head turn to muck once they leave his gob.
    And he will give NOTHING back to the school, despite all his free time, no volunteering, no fundraising, only complaints.

what free time - he is flat out in his shed deciphering the DaVinci code that is Jobpath

I do agree with him. Not nice for kids to feel excluded because they’re parents are on welfare.

It’s hard on kids who have to suffer because of their parents shortcomings. The money is there clearly but a clown like Jeff would rather spend it propping up his delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

blackwhite wrote: »
    Where exactly is the good point?

There's a voluntary fee to cover anything not funded by the Department of Education.

A trip comes up, which will have associated costs which ordinarily wouldn't be covered by the DoE funding.

Our hero expects that this should be yet another thing that other people pay for, and he and his gets for free (all whilst spunking over €1k of welfare on his own ego-stroking, instead of using it where it's supposed to go - supporting his family)

in fairness he does have a point here.
    if the fee is voluntary then he has no obligation what soever to pay it and the school should be unable to persue for it or even remove services in exchange for non-payment.
    if the fee is infact compulsory then that needs to be made clear and schools prohibited from stating that it is voluntary, and if a parent is unable to pay it, some sort of plan put in place that allows them to do so, even if it is a couple of euro per week.
    something that is voluntary is voluntary and it is up to someone themselves as to whether they wish to volunteer, and something that isn't voluntary but is actually compulsary is not voluntary and that should always be made clear.
    it is clear this guy's political career is going nowhere and that is fantastic for the country but he is correct on this one, even if he does actually have the possibility of being able to pay the voluntary fee that may not be voluntary.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The fees are unfortunately necessary as education is underfunded in this country. The outrageous social welfare bill might have something to do with that

The fees are unfortunately necessary as education is underfunded in this country. The outrageous social welfare bill might have something to do with that

sure, but necessary does not mean manditary, and the clarity around whether these fees are voluntary or not needs to be answered once and for all.

While not mandatory ... should schools be restricted to offering extra curricular activities and extra resources based upon the lowest common denominator?

whippet wrote: »
    While not mandatory ... should schools be restricted to offering extra curricular activities and extra resources based upon the lowest common denominator?

if it is genuine extra resources that would not be critical to education then no, and parents who do not wish to use those should be able to opt out and not pay the voluntary fee while it remains voluntary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Jeff - 203 weekly plus 31.80 for each of the kids. So that's 293 weekly plus fuel allowance of 600 quid.

So that comes to a total of 21077. Plus the back to school of over 1000 quid. Add in children's allowance for 6 is about 10 grand more. So the jeffs welfare rates is about 32,000. Mrs Jeff between the taxi office and any welfare would surely be pulling another 10 minium. So 42,000 grand a year.

Now if Jeff is in a council house so I'd reckon he only pays 40 or 50 weekly on rent all medical bills paid, Christmas bonus,

Is it any wonder why he doesn't want JobPath to find him a job.

It takes a good few nurses to work long difficult hours to pay enough in tax to keep Jeff in his shed and his family fed

if it is genuine extra resources that would not be critical to education then no, and parents who do not wish to use those should be able to opt out and not pay the voluntary fee while it remains voluntary.

But that's exactly what this is.

There's a non-core school trip being organised. Jeff has decided to opt-out, and not pay the €100, but still things he and his should be entitled to go along for all the extras that he refused to contribute towards

piplip87 wrote: »
    Jeff - 203 weekly plus 31.80 for each of the kids. So that's 293 weekly plus fuel allowance of 600 quid.

So that comes to a total of 21077. Plus the back to school of over 1000 quid. Add in children's allowance for 6 is about 10 grand more. So the jeffs welfare rates is about 32,000. Mrs Jeff between the taxi office and any welfare would surely be pulling another 10 minium. So 42,000 grand a year.

Now if Jeff is in a council house so I'd reckon he only pays 40 or 50 weekly on rent all medical bills paid, Christmas bonus,

The man is actually 100% unemployable at this stage due to this, there is no entry level job he could get that would maintain his lifestyle for long enough for him to work up through the ranks.

He is stuck, no movement forward or backward are possible.

If this was his complaint. That the system let him get to this hopeless point, I would listen to him and deeply sympathise.

But it's not, he is too good for any job out there, he is the smartest man in every room.

Our system has completely failed him, but not in the manner he believes.

the system allowed him to get to this stage. When people are working and paying a mortgage they choose things like family with caution - Myself and the wife decided to have two kids and leave it at that - as a third would mean one of us either giving up work or going part time as the cost of childcare and time needed to be with the kids would mean two full time jobs wasn't an option.

However, if you have no mortgage or market rent to pay, no job the number of kids you have is irrelevant - however more kids will make it harder to get back in to the workforce.

Jeff has been caught out - he always felt he was in someway better than the average - hence his reluctance to work in entry level jobs for the last couple of decades - choosing to 'educate' himself but with no appetite to actually use this education; as graduates tend to have to work in entry level jobs. Then the charade of setting up a business - 'Clear and Graphic' is nothing more than a college project and anyone who has any experience in IT, Design or business consultancy knows it is a total nonsense of a business idea .. he simply does not have the skillset or experience to offer these services.

So all he is left with is chasing the dream of getting elected to some sort of public office - it's the equivalent of someone with a gambling problem doing the Euromillions every week in the vain hope that eventually the win will come and solve all the problems

in fairness jobpath wouldn't be able to find him a job. who the hell would want to employ him?
    blackwhite wrote: »
    But that's exactly what this is.

There's a non-core school trip being organised. Jeff has decided to opt-out, and not pay the €100, but still things he and his should be entitled to go along for all the extras that he refused to contribute towards

no, his point is that he is being hounded/forced to pay a voluntary contribution, to go to things that are actually core.
    if this was just a school trip he was being asked to pay for, i'm sure he would quite likely pay the specific contribution to that if he feels that the trip would benefit his children, as long as it was a reasonable amount.
    what i got from what he said, is that this isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

To be fair, if Mrs Jeff is working, then Jeff's weekly rate and the rate for the kids will be reduced to reflect that.

Also, as a general rule, social rents work out at about 15% of the household's total weekly income (not including children's allowance and BTSA), iirc.

i

no, his point is that he is being hounded/forced to pay a voluntary contribution, to go to things that are actually core.

The trip is very clearly a non-core activity (as the school would be in breach of their duties if they excluded students from something core).

Instead of asking for a chip in for every little thing, the school looks for a single payment to cover all optional extras.

Jeff doesn't want to pay - but still wants the optional extras.

No surprises to see who comes out in favour of the everything for nothing brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jeff - 203 weekly plus 31.80 for each of the kids. So that's 293 weekly

393.80 weekly...

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

So Jeff either wants everyone to get the same or nobody !! To give every school child in the country the same extra curricular activities it would cost the state a fortune .. the social welfare Xmas bonus would have to go for starters along with some other essential services .... or Jeff probably would want those who pay taxes to pay even more to subsidise those who don’t.

Considering myself and my wife handed over the guts of €80k last year in PAYE and USC .. along with paying for our home, food etc I’d take a massive issue if Jeff thought that I couldn’t supplement my children’s education with after tax income of my own

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement