Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

14.3 is officially out

Not for me, which I've never seen happen on iphone.

Not for me, which I've never seen happen on iphone.

weird Its showing up on my phone and Ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

peteeeed wrote: »

Not on my phone or iPad either. Once someone posts it here the update would normally show up when I check. Maybe it's a phased rollout for some reason.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Not on my phone or iPad either. Once someone posts it here the update would normally show up when I check. Maybe it's a phased rollout for some reason.

this article says its out today so must be on its way around

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateoflahertyuk/2020/12/13/ios-143-brilliant-new-iphone-privacy-feature-will-arrive-any-minute-now/?sh=191f7f7f532f

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Have you still a beta profile installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not here on 11 Pm

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have you still a beta profile installed?

i do , i must be getting it a few hours earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

7pm or so tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

i do , i must be getting it a few hours earlier

There was a second release candidate pushed out on Thursday, did you install that?

It must be that. Public release will be 6pm today or tomorrow.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »
    There was a second release candidate pushed out on Thursday, did you install that?

It must be that. Public release will be 6pm today or tomorrow.

must be that , i downloaded the candidate on the 8th but this one just said 14.3 , no mention of a candidate version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

must be that , i downloaded the candidate on the 8th but this one just said 14.3 , no mention of a candidate version

Yep the second RC would be the final build which explains it saying 14.3 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have it now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there plans for Apple One to include the Fitness, the way it does in the US? Considering consolidating until the 29.99 family plan, as I'm already playing 15 for Spotify, 6 for storage, have free Apple TV+ (which I will keep), and my son is asking for the Arcade, so it makes sense to have them all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there plans for Apple One to include the Fitness, the way it does in the US? Considering consolidating until the 29.99 family plan, as I'm already playing 15 for Spotify, 6 for storage, have free Apple TV+ (which I will keep), and my son is asking for the Arcade, so it makes sense to have them all in one.

Nope it's bundled in the Premier plan of Apple One (which includes Apple News), until they offer Apple News here fitness+ won't be bundled here.

It's such a shame as Apple News is one of Apple's biggest failures in recent times. News is just not an exciting thing and should have died with Newsstand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nope it's bundled in the Premier plan of Apple One (which includes Apple News), until they offer Apple News here fitness+ won't be bundled here.

It's such a shame as Apple News is one of Apple's biggest failures in recent times. News is just not an exciting thing and should have died with Newsstand.

That’s a pain. The fitness for the family and the extra storage are worth the extra by themselves. Don’t want or need the news.

14.4 public beta 1 is out

14.4 public beta 2 is out

• Administrators Posts: 53,445 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone else a bit disappointed that widgets are still pretty limited? Not many interesting ones out there.

Anyone any recommended apps with decent widgets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

awec wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit disappointed that widgets are still pretty limited? Not many interesting ones out there.

Anyone any recommended apps with decent widgets?

Definitely, even Dark Sky which Apple now owns hasn’t added Home Screen widgets.

• Advertisement

iOS 14.4 RC is out

iOS 14.4 now available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Anyone else getting that annoying lock sound on iPhone 12 when a magsafe case is attached? Seems to be plenty of reports out there but no indication of Apple looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Harcrid wrote: »
    Anyone else getting that annoying lock sound on iPhone 12 when a magsafe case is attached? Seems to be plenty of reports out there but no indication of Apple looking at it.

Can't say I have it here. (Apple leather MagSafe case). Silent mode is off and I do get the animation to say the case is on, no sound?

Anyone else have major battery drain issues?

I purchased my iPhone 12 first week of this month and noticed the battery draining a few days in. I gave it the benefit out of the doubt that it was because it syncing all my data from my old iPhone to iCloud. I'm over two weeks using the phone which is moderate use I might add and it seems to be losing battery even just using What's app.

I thought iOS 14.4 would fix the issue as I read on some Apple forums that some users have had their issues resolved with the new update. Very frustrating.

Also does using the old USB-A adapter and cable cause any issue to the phone? I didn't buy the MagSafe charger or new USB-C adapter. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

What kind of battery drain are we talking here? The phone will lose power on standby regardless of whether or not you are using it but wouldn't expect any noticeable drain if you are just using WhatsApp. How often do you charge it and what kind of screen on/off times are you seeing?

What kind of battery drain are we talking here? The phone will lose power on standby regardless of whether or not you are using it but wouldn't expect any noticeable drain if you are just using WhatsApp. How often do you charge it and what kind of screen on/off times are you seeing?

Id unplug my phone at 7am and it would be at 80% by midday. I'm on the road for work so I barely use it in the mornings. I have the usual steps done so far also, background refresh off etc.

Edit: At the moment I charge it once every two days due to light use, I leave the battery go down to around 20% and then recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Hmm, maybe someone with an iPhone 12 can comment but that does seem excessive if its barely being used. My 11 Pro Max is at 90% currently, taken off charge at 8.50am.

Hmm, maybe someone with an iPhone 12 can comment but that does seem excessive if its barely being used. My 11 Pro Max is at 90% currently, taken off charge at 8.50am.

That's what mine should be at. Does using the old charger do any damage to the phone or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

InitialG wrote: »
    That's what mine should be at. Does using the old charger do any damage to the phone or anything?

Have you tried a hard reset

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/iphone-12-hard-reset-recovery-dfu/

Advertisement