Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Took a bit of getting use to with new update but phone ok so far but say updates will stop for it by next September I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

starlit wrote: »
    Took a bit of getting use to with new update but phone ok so far but say updates will stop for it by next September I say.

Of course it will, iOS 15 will be out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

14.2 beta 4 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

peteeeed wrote: »
    14.2 beta 4 is out

let's hope this one brings back my gps data, for historical runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

I’ve an issue with Photos on iOS 14. On the photos app, any pictures taken since I’ve been on iOS 14, just show the date on top, not the location. I was thinking it was a bug, but I’m now on 14.1 and it’s still the same. The location data is there at the bottom of the photo if I scroll down.
    Just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same issue?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yes, now that you mention it, I’m seeing this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Same with me for photos but I don't see the problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Maybe this is just a change rather than a bug. Can’t say I even really noticed the location up top before. But maybe Apple just simplified the UI since the location is below already.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

Possibly, but it’s the fact that it’s only on photos taken since iOS 14 which makes me think it’s a bug. If they were changing the UI, I guess it would apply to all photos ����*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

rwald7 wrote: »
    Possibly, but it’s the fact that it’s only on photos taken since iOS 14 which makes me think it’s a bug. If they were changing the UI, I guess it would apply to all photos ����*♂️

Oh right I didn’t realise, yeah it’s probably a bug if it’s not appearing across all photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It seems to be inconsistent. Most of my photos since updating to 14 have the location at the top (mostly “Home”), but a handful just have the date up there (although the location on the map below is correct).

It’s a completely inconsequential bug (unless for some reason you need to immediately see the photo’s location) but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    6s here and since IOS 14 and .1 have found every so often my phone will crash and restart. Anyone else have this issue?

Check your power management settings in the battery section in case it’s related to that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anybody else getting that popup message about a new update being available when there isn't one? Getting quite annoying now.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/10/29/a-new-ios-update-is-now-available-ios-14/

Seen it a few times on my iPad. Removed the Beta profile but it's still happening.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anybody else getting that popup message about a new update being available when there isn't one? Getting quite annoying now.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/10/29/a-new-ios-update-is-now-available-ios-14/

oh yes , ipad and phone ...........not annoying at all .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Anyone on 14.2 beta 4 will get it. You'll need to: a) revert to 14.1; b) set your clock back a few days; c) wait for Apple to release 14.2 / 14.2 Beta 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone on 14.2 beta 4 will get it. You'll need to: a) revert to 14.1; b) set your clock back a few days; c) wait for Apple to release 14.2 / 14.2 Beta 5.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

An extremely annoying bug. My phone is on and off constantly to use Google maps and the like the prompt keeps coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

New beta out, hopefully it fixes the issue with the popup. It was driving me mad

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

cracker wrote: »
    New beta out, hopefully it fixes the issue with the popup. It was driving me mad

I think it's the full GM release of 14.2 rather than another beta.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/10/30/ios-14-2-beta-update-now-available/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Seems to have fixed the popup issue thank god! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 waffles85

I upgraded to 14.2 GM, issue completely gone now .

If you’re on the 14.2 beta how do you “update” to the general release 14.2?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you’re on the 14.2 beta how do you “update” to the general release 14.2?

Just go into your software update and it should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 waffles85

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just go into your software update and it should be there.

Yes, it show just show as iOS 14.2 with no beta number after it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Silly question , just picked up an iPhone 12 yesterday, just back getting used to Apple devices and obviously haven't used iOS 14. Is there anywhere I can download customs widgets? Different clocks (digital in particular) for the home screen etc? Any other features that are handy - can I do anything with the App library?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

5uspect wrote: »

Thank you! Nice and tidy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jem

anyone else having wifi problems since updating to 14.1

• Advertisement

14.2 officially out

Advertisement