Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

rizzee wrote: »
    Saves swiping down for battery and I don't have clock/calendar on the home screen.. Everything in the app library for me bar a couple of apps. Plain and simple :-)

I was talking about the specific image though, not your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I was talking about the specific image though, not your phone.

Ah I see, apologies! That's a good point haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

14.5 public beta 2 is out

14.5 public beta 3 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

14.4.1 is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    14.4.1 is out.

Thanks, just downloaded. What's the update with this? I was expecting 14.5

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

rizzee wrote: »
    Thanks, just downloaded. What's the update with this? I was expecting 14.5

Security fixes only. 14.5 will come at the end of March when there’s a rumoured event for iPads.

14.5 public beta 4 is out

14.5 public beta 5 is out

Apple releases iOS 14.4.2 and iOS 12.5.2 to fix critical security vulnerability

https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/26/apple-releases-ios-14-4-2-and-ios-12-5-2-with-security-bug-fixes/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone else seeing an issue with 14.4.2 - Basically, when I swipe down from the top to search/see recent apps, it's blank, and stays that way until a restart. It's happened twice in the past 24 hours for me, and never happened before.

Edit: Make that 3 times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

chrislad wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing an issue with 14.4.2 - Basically, when I swipe down from the top to search/see recent apps, it's blank, and stays that way until a restart. It's happened twice in the past 24 hours for me, and never happened before.

I’m not seeing that issue (iPhone 12), probably a silly recommendation but have you restarted the phone?

One bug I noticed yesterday was when having a WhatsApp message on the home screen and long pressing to quick reply, the keyboard wouldn’t show up. Just the box to enter text with no way to actually type.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Metalpanic

chrislad wrote: »

Yes just noticed it yesterday for the first time. I had to swipe to the library view and use the search bar there instead. A restart fixed it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

DubDJ wrote: »
    I’m not seeing that issue (iPhone 12), probably a silly recommendation but have you restarted the phone?

One bug I noticed yesterday was when having a WhatsApp message on the home screen and long pressing to quick reply, the keyboard wouldn’t show up. Just the box to enter text with no way to actually type.

Yup, I've restarted after each occurrence, and it happened again. I've not seen it in a few hours now so hopefully, it's passed. I use it an awful lot!

My Siri has been unable to send a message on CarPlay for the last good few updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

My Siri has been unable to send a message on CarPlay for the last good few updates.

Siri is gone to the dogs across the board for me lately.

14.5 public beta 6 is out

interesting update with beta 6

Battery recalibration tool
    The update brings a new battery recalibration tool to the table for iPhone users. The updated toolset is only available for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max users at the moment, but it makes sense to think that wider availability will come with time.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/31/hands-on-ios-14-5-beta-6-changes-features-siri-battery-recalibration-tool-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

14.5 public beta 7 is out.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    14.5 public beta 7 is out.

devolper ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

peteeeed wrote: »
    devolper ?

no its public

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭obi604

Question: I have an iPhone 6 that I need to use as current phone broken.

Backed up current phone via cloud. All fine.

Tried to do a restore on the iPhone 6. Says needs to be on iOS 14. Tried to update iphone6 and looks like no further updates. Currently on iOS 12.5.2

And looks like no further updates.

Any other way to restore to the iPhone 6 or am I snookered?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

obi604 wrote: »
    Question: I have an iPhone 6 that I need to use as current phone broken.

Backed up current phone via cloud. All fine.

Tried to do a restore on the iPhone 6. Says needs to be on iOS 14. Tried to update iphone6 and looks like no further updates. Currently on iOS 12.5.2

And looks like no further updates.

Any other way to restore to the iPhone 6 or am I snookered?

Set up as a new phone and sync what you can from iCloud. You should get most things this way - contacts, notes etc and possibly photos and messages - depending on your iCloud settings.

Set up as a new phone and sync what you can from iCloud. You should get most things this way - contacts, notes etc and possibly photos and messages - depending on your iCloud settings.

But I don’t think it will let me sync anything from I cloud. As my iOS too old.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

obi604 wrote: »
    But I don’t think it will let me sync anything from I cloud. As my iOS too old.

It should, for most things anyway. Syncing and restoring from backup are two different things. iCloud is designed to sync across multiple devices, including ones running older OSs. You won't get everything that was in the backup, but you should get the important stuff.

But again it depends on your iCloud settings. For example, if iCloud photos was disabled you won't get photos via syncing.

It should, for most things anyway. Syncing and restoring from backup are two different things. iCloud is designed to sync across multiple devices, including ones running older OSs. You won't get everything that was in the backup, but you should get the important stuff.

But again it depends on your iCloud settings. For example, if iCloud photos was disabled you won't get photos via syncing.

How do you sync V restore?

Set up as new phone and log into iCloud with your Apple ID.

Set up as new phone and log into iCloud with your Apple ID.

thanks, to do this, do I have to erase all content and settings etc

any thoughts on this?

Not sure how I do it

If i erase all the settings etc, phone will boot up and come up with a few options and I have to choose one I think

From memory,
    there is option of having your old phone near to the new phone and doing a sync etc
    and then another option of restoring from cloud, but my new phone's IOS does not support my last backup

but i think I have to choose one of these options or I cant get any further

• Advertisement

14.5 public beta 8 is out

Advertisement