Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any decent TV deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

RasTa wrote: »
    Any decent TV deals?

A 32" Sony Bravia listed for £199 there recently. Not sure what else right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

scamalert wrote: »
    prob getting jammed from all the people signing up.

Hopefully it's just that and the backlog clears up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Any decent deals for 4K monitors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

honda boi wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue signing up the £10 audible trial?
    Keep getting
    "Sorry! An error occurred while processing your purchase.
    Please try again in a few moments. If the problem persists, please contact us."
    I'm having this same issue, tried multiple browsers and can't get it going, used the PM UK address and still the same. Audible chat are currently offline too, and Amazon chat just said they can't redirect and the call option is only available.
    Deal lasts until the end of tomorrow so hopefully it's sorted by then. They did make two authorisation holds of £1 to my card though, just never went through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

For anyone looking to buy multiple stuff, easy to get decent bargains. Just get free trial by setting up new account and use the 10£ Audible offer and the 8£ promo when you top up 80£. Saving of additional £18 to already discounted prices with just two minutes work.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm having this same issue, tried multiple browsers and can't get it going, used the PM UK address and still the same. Audible chat are currently offline too, and Amazon chat just said they can't redirect and the call option is only available.
    Deal lasts until the end of tomorrow so hopefully it's sorted by then. They did make two authorisation holds of £1 to my card though, just never went through.

Ye I had trouble earlier signing up for a prime trial but eventually worked.
    Have a few things to order so hopefully there still there by tomorrow.
    That's if they fix it by end of the tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ALS

I ordered one today for £22 , no problem or issues to my home address in Dublin
    I think I can order it without the 6 months Amazon music but would prefer to have it included without having to use PM .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭testtech05

Hey guys. On the lookout for an Android TV box for my in laws just for streaming Netflix and a few bits wouldn't need anything too high spec like a Nvidia Shield.
    Anyone see any deals on anything like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Any decent deals for 4K monitors?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LU32J592UQUXEN-32-Inch-Ultra-3840-Monitor/dp/B07CTHWKQC?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_a82afc97_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Haven't ready any reviews, but it is Samsung, and £250 is a good price for a 32" 4K.

And I bought this one from Amazon for £460 only 10 weeks ago :(

testtech05 wrote:
    Hey guys. On the lookout for an Android TV box for my in laws just for streaming Netflix and a few bits wouldn't need anything too high spec like a Nvidia Shield. Anyone see any deals on anything like this?

Get a firestick. Perfect job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

XCM_Manual_1177647_PD19_title_1300x90_Giftcard_XCM_Manual_1177647_UK_GC_PD19_title_1300x90_1561561534_png.png

Register here, topup £80 and get £8 instantly after topup

• Offer is restricted to a limited number of Prime members.
    • Offer has a limit of one reward per Prime account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Rightfully so, what if you were in a game store and saw a game you wanted for a good price then remembered you have a digital only console, go check the price in microsoft store and its like 3x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

Mike3549 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-R18IW3-120S-Impact-Wrench-Hyper/dp/B07FLYJ682/ref=sr_1_5?crid=38W1PHF4YXEK3&keywords=impact+wrench&qid=1563200875&s=gateway&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=imp%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-5

Ryobi One+ impact wrench kit with battery and charger £99.99.
    need this for the job next week,
    was thinking about buying it last week for £137, but luckily decided to wait till prime day.

Lesser model I think but still good value, this one is on sale in B&Q at €86 with body, battery, charger and bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

Theres s good deal on Bosch 12 v pro combi

Good deal on the 18 v sds brushless too

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭paska

ablelocks wrote: »
    its the amazon music that's stopping the echo order - can't get Amazon Music in ireland afaik.

if you order the dot on it's own it should ship...

@mickeroo - most if not all of the amazon devices will ship direct to Ireland.

I live in Dublin and have Amazon music.Think I set my country to the UK when setting up Amazon a long time ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The top up and audible both worked a treat, cancelled audible straight away.
    Some nice stuff in clothes going under radar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

paska wrote: »
    I live in Dublin and have Amazon music.Think I set my country to the UK when setting up Amazon a long time ago

I think it's uk credit card needed for subscription.i keep getting stuck when i choose payment method.

I think it's uk credit card needed for subscription.i keep getting stuck when i choose payment method.

Revolut is your only man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

v10 wrote: »
    Lesser model I think but still good value, this one is on sale in B&Q at €86 with body, battery, charger and bag.

Impact Wrench (think garage air gun) vs Impact Driver (think screw gun)

I have a HUAWEI Band 3 Pro on the way, bought it last week for 52 pounds. its on offer today for 49. Not a big discount.

Anyone see any good offers on over the ear headphones? Don't have a huge budget (sub 100)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Firestick is saying it won't deliver to Ireland for me... any reason fro this? Also says it might not be fully supported in my region???

glack wrote: »
    Firestick is saying it won't deliver to Ireland for me... any reason fro this? Also says it might not be fully supported in my region???

use parcel motel. Works in Ireland most of Boards has one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just a bit of a warning for anyone shopping the Prime Deals. I ordered a pair of runners last night advertised as a Prime Deal and only after checking this evening, I noticed I was charged the full price instead of the offer price, and now after contacting their CS, they’re not backing down and adjusting the payment like they normally would for a mistake on their end.

My order was already dispatched by the time I realised, but for everyone else, double and triple check that you paid the offer price before dispatch or you might end up paying a lot more than you should have.

I see I’m not the only one it’s happened to after a quick Twitter search, so be vigilant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

Anyone see any good offers on over the ear headphones? Don't have a huge budget (sub 100)

Amazon's SE version on the Sennheiser HD 4.50 are back on offer at £89.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-4-50-Headphone-Cancellation-Black/dp/B01MSZSL4I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭emclau

Can you get UK channels on it or is it IP location geo-locked? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭emclau

Do UK channels work in ROI? (I already have Prime UK enables) Thanks

Seen over in hotsdealsuk that plenty of people having an issue with the audible 30 day trial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just a bit of a warning for anyone shopping the Prime Deals. I ordered a pair of runners last night advertised as a Prime Deal and only after checking this evening, I noticed I was charged the full price instead of the offer price, and now after contacting their CS, they’re not backing down and adjusting the payment like they normally would for a mistake on their end.

My order was already dispatched by the time I realised, but for everyone else, double and triple check that you paid the offer price before dispatch or you might end up paying a lot more than you should have.

I see I’m not the only one it’s happened to after a quick Twitter search, so be vigilant.

You should be able to return for a full refund, the two deals I purchased show the full price and a promotion applied covering whatever was off. Do you not see that too once you click into the order details?

emclau wrote: »
    Do UK channels work in ROI? (I already have Prime UK enables) Thanks

No not without a vpn and that can be hit and miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

sugarman wrote: »
    Its partially expired now.

As per the other thread earlier in the week, there was a free £10 off a £25+ spend when you installed the Amazon Assistant Addon.

Then theres a free £5 off a £20+ spend when you download the mobile app and login for the first time. This is still valid as far as I know.

Then the free £10 Audible credit as mentioned over the last few pages. This is also still valid, until the 16th.

So you should still be able to get £15 off a £25+ spend.

can you stack them up for a single order ? get 20 off a 25 order ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭EntryDenied12

Would i be better off buying a new iphone 8/xr/xs on amazon uk or adverts with one of those reputable sellers ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

How do you cancel the Audible trial?

Edit

Found where to cancel here
    https://www.audible.co.uk/account/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Edit

https://www.audible.co.uk/account/

Can anyone point out to me if the credit available form the Audible Trial is virtual or actual cash the shows up somewhere in your amazon account please:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

tnegun wrote: »
    You should be able to return for a full refund, the two deals I purchased show the full price and a promotion applied covering whatever was off. Do you not see that too once you click into the order details?

It didn’t show up for that one for some reason, very strange as I copped the mistake on the headphones I ordered and made sure to get the offer price.

Now the item I want is out of stock with Amazon after them telling me to order it again and send the original item back. Their customer service is brilliant 80% of the time for me, but the other 20% is worse than anything I’ve experienced with any retailer. First of all telling me it was my mistake, then after I proved that it was their own fault, basically told me “tough luck”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Also, be warned, that I ordered a phone and in a fairly ironic turn (it being prime day and me being a prime customer), it wont arrive until the middle of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

honda boi wrote: »
    Seen over in hotsdealsuk that plenty of people having an issue with the audible 30 day trial

As in the tenner or the trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Can anyone advise me on this?

I’ve somehow been signed up to amazon prime for nearly two years, only spotted the other day in my bank statements. Some 9.99 charge and random 7.99 charges two and three times a month for two years. I’ve no idea whatsoever what they’re for. Happen to anyone? I’m sure I never signed up to this although I do have an amazon account.

Edit

I still can't find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I’ve somehow been signed up to amazon prime for nearly two years, only spotted the other day in my bank statements. Some 9.99 charge and random 7.99 charges two and three times a month for two years. I’ve no idea whatsoever what they’re for. Happen to anyone? I’m sure I never signed up to this although I do have an amazon account.
    It auto renews...logon onto your Amazon and check.
    I had auto renew set for yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Do you ever order anything off Amazon?

They have a thing when you're going through checkout whereby you get a free trial of Prime, along with free delivery of the item. When I have seen it, that option is large and obvious, and then they have a smaller button which you can click on to order as normal without taking the free trial. My guess would be perhaps you took the free trial and they began charging you, and without you cancelling it just continued in perpetuity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Monokne wrote: »
    Do you ever order anything off Amazon?

They have a thing when you're going through checkout whereby you get a free trial of Prime, along with free delivery of the item. When I have seen it, that option is large and obvious, and then they have a smaller button which you can click on to order as normal without taking the free trial. My guess would be perhaps you took the free trial and they began charging you, and without you cancelling it just continued in perpetuity.

Crap. I never realized that. I must have ordered something and clicked a box or something so. Disaster. That’s a LOT of money on absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Crap. I never realized that. I must have ordered something and clicked a box or something so. Disaster. That’s a LOT of money on absolutely nothing.
    Get onto live chat ....they might give you some money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Trying to sign up to audible trial getting ‘there was an error try later’ (or similar) anyone encountering this?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I can’t find the credit anywhere either

It shows up when you check out

Item will have to be sold and fulfilled

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I completed checkout for a fire stick and paid the full amount, strange one

Get a callback from them and they'll add it next time

• Advertisement
Advertisement