Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy wrote: »
    Come to the beers and get drunk as a fookin' skunk. Good times are promised. :)

He's not lying ^^

Except this time nobody meet a creep from online dating beforehand and have him follow you to the beers yeah?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

im on fire tonight baby, 2 new messages on the past hour,whats going on??
    what will i do now?? propose to both of them?..ones bound to say yes... actually maybe i should wait till tommorrow,...buy the ring when the shops open..or maybe buy two?
    haha

JimBob777 wrote: »
    im on fire tonight baby, 2 new messages on the past hour,whats going on??
    what will i do now?? propose to both of them?..ones bound to say yes... actually maybe i should wait till tommorrow,...buy the ring when the shops open..or maybe buy two?
    haha

turkish_living.1250558563.polygamy-porter-beer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I have a date next thursday, unusual in that its a gig (her suggestion) hopefully we got on or it could be an akward few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

can i link my account to here so ye can check it over for me? im feckin nervous bout makin myself look like a masive dope.

can i link my account to here so ye can check it over for me? im feckin nervous bout makin myself look like a masive dope.

I dont think you're supposed to do that on this thread, but you can ask people if they want to offer feedback and you can exchange via PM

Galvasean wrote: »
    I dont think you're supposed to do that on this thread, but you can ask people if they want to offer feedback and you can exchange via PM

excellent,might start randomly pming people the link,you never know :)

excellent,might start randomly pming people the link,you never know :)

Better off waiting for people to ask for the PM. A random one out of teh blue might freak people out.

got my first message there,had butterfly's i was so excited,turns out its from the dope that owns ok cupid telling me i haven't answered some questions. hugely dissapointed.

• Advertisement

A girl just mailed me to ask me how old I am even though its the first thing you see on my profile.
    Also some random lad in a nightclub last night asked what I, a 35 year old was doing there (I'm actually 25).
    This is a worrying trend :/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

got my first message there,had butterfly's i was so excited,turns out its from the dope that owns ok cupid telling me i haven't answered some questions. hugely dissapointed.

haha he got me once or twice before too,da kint :)
    dont worry, when its rains it snows lawwd ha

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

'Hey, Hows u?'
    :rolleyes: god damn you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

PM me and I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

GrumPy wrote: »
    Feels like I committed an awful lot of time and money, guess I expected if it didn't work out, it'd be a while before she sought a "replacement" so to speak. NOPE!

I once met a divorced woman, fell in love, moved into her house at her suggestion & started paying the mortgage. A year later I discovered that she was still married, her husband owned the house & he knew about me :eek: I am pretty "streetwise" but I got fooled.

Now this could make me a bit wary of risking another relationship but then again why should it ? Not every woman will be like this one & not every date will be like yours. I never found out why mine did it & I don't really want to. You have to move on & not let bad experiences over influence your future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Discodog wrote: »
    I once met a divorced woman, fell in love, moved into her house at her suggestion & started paying the mortgage. A year later I discovered that she was still married, her husband owned the house & he knew about me :eek: I am pretty "streetwise" but I got fooled.

Now this could make me a bit wary of risking another relationship but then again why should it ? Not every woman will be like this one & not every date will be like yours. I never found out why mine did it & I don't really want to. You have to move on & not let bad experiences over influence your future

I met a divorced woman last year myself and we went out for a couple of months until I found out I looked an awfully lot like her ex-husband. It was far too creepy for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Maybe we need an 'online dating thread' beers!! Lots of flirting etc and perhaps some of us would be able to hang up our OD shoes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dovies wrote: »
    Maybe we need an 'online dating thread' beers!! Lots of flirting etc and perhaps some of us would be able to hang up our OD shoes! :D

Good idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I'm going to be the old wise head/annoying know it all here now, but I've observed that in every case where I went on a date from online apart from the most recent, either one or the other of us had 0 to low interest/felt a spark.
    This despite being "suitable" according to the sites.
    None progressed to a relationship, even though we dated again a few times.

Now this time, it was totally different, it was more like meeting someone through friends or something and going "Wow, she's gorgeous!" chatting and feeling the sparks, and her thinking the same.
    It didnt feel like the other stilted 'interviews' at all.

So the update is that both profiles have been hidden/deleted, Facebook rel status changed and we is official. :D:D:D

To think I nearly deleted my profile even while we were chatting :confused:

Keep the faith folks, if this old curmudgeon can beat the odds, anyone can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I changed my relationship status on Facebook today too. :cool:

I'm helping out a friend and pretending to be her boyfriend for 24 hours. Tomorrow we'll be changing it back to "single" again. :pac: / :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Delighted for you John :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

awec wrote: »
    Ah, facebook relationship status! The true indicator in these modern times! :D

Good job johnr1, glad you got there!

I know, it's sad isn't it, I've avoided that for years because of the flurry of comments it generates, but right now I couldn't give a fcuk :D

I thought it was funny when Facebook informed me "you are now in a relationship with ****** ******". Me: 'Oh, - riiiight, - thanks for that, I was wondering what it was'

Any dates recently yourself awec ?

johnr1 wrote: »
    Any dates recently yourself awec ?

Congrats John!

Awec is saving himself for the hotties at tGC beers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I logged into my POF account for the first time in a couple of weeks over the weekend. Got a very helpful email from someone with no picture, 'undisclosed' answers to a couple of key questions on her profile and 'will fill this in later' written over and over again in 'about me' section to get to the minimum word count.

The message is only 'Hi, you sound nice' as well. I mean, what am I supposed to do with that? I've said before in here that it's always nice to get a message on these sites but this one has just annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

johnr1 wrote: »
    I'm going to be the old wise head/annoying know it all here now, but I've observed that in every case where I went on a date from online apart from the most recent, either one or the other of us had 0 to low interest/felt a spark.
    This despite being "suitable" according to the sites.
    None progressed to a relationship, even though we dated again a few times.

Now this time, it was totally different, it was more like meeting someone through friends or something and going "Wow, she's gorgeous!" chatting and feeling the sparks, and her thinking the same.
    It didnt feel like the other stilted 'interviews' at all.

So the update is that both profiles have been hidden/deleted, Facebook rel status changed and we is official. :D:D:D

To think I nearly deleted my profile even while we were chatting :confused:

Keep the faith folks, if this old curmudgeon can beat the odds, anyone can.

Do you think that because you'd almost given up, you might have been more relaxed about the whole thing and went into meeting up with the lady with more of an open mind and without as much pressure??

Not saying that you were a stressed out dude going on your dates, but that maybe your mindset change subsonsciously somewhat? Or was it all just luck?

Double post oooppppsss

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I logged into my POF account for the first time in a couple of weeks over the weekend. Got a very helpful email from someone with no picture, 'undisclosed' answers to a couple of key questions on her profile and 'will fill this in later' written over and over again in 'about me' section to get to the minimum word count.

The message is only 'Hi, you sound nice' as well. I mean, what am I supposed to do with that? I've said before in here that it's always nice to get a message on these sites but this one has just annoyed me.

To be honest I just ignore those type of messages and profiles. If they cant be bothered to make the effort then I dont think they are serious. There are enough timewasters without adding another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I met my Fiancee online and we are together eight years next month. She is mortified though when people ask how we met and makes up some story about through a friend of a friend etc. I don't think it matters myself and think its preferable to meeting in some dingy nightclub at 2am! Anyone have an opinion on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement