Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extradite killers to the USA.

Options
  • 16-04-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

In light of the tragic events in Glasgow, I see no reason why say the governments of Ireland and the UK could reach some agreement to send people convicted of crimes like this to the USA, where they can be put on death row.

Seriously, crimes like this are the lowest of the low and I am sure the cost of sending these vile people abroad can be subsidised by tax payers.

I am all in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Why not just bring in death row here?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

What a stupid suggestion.

Completely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Yeah because people love paying taxes. I'm guessing sunstroke influenced this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

catallus wrote: »
    Why not just bring in death row here?

I'm all for that but the do gooders in this country would never allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Well apart from the fact that the crimes were not committed in the US and did not involve US citizens there is also the fact that not every US state carries out executions.

Plus I'd wager the yanks wouldn't really want to have to do other countries dirty work for them.

Good plan though, I can see you've put a lot of thought into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Reinstate the state executioner...I'll sign up for the vacancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

wouldnt it make more sense just to implement the death penalty. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Why get the US to deal with our scumbags? Not their problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I can't see why we don't just send them all our criminals and save the country a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭cml387

How would this help exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Hachiko wrote: »
    In light of the tragic events in Glasgow, I see no reason why say the governments of Ireland and the UK could reach some agreement to send people convicted of crimes like this to the USA, where they can be put on death row.

Seriously, crimes like this are the lowest of the low and I am sure the cost of sending these vile people abroad can be subsidised by tax payers.

I am all in.

Even if this had happened in the US the killer is unlikely to be given a death sentence. They don't just sentence every killer to death you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I can't see why we don't just send them all our criminals and save the country a fortune.

I think you'll find it would make them a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

cml387 wrote: »
    How would this help exactly?
    It would be the first policy decision in the history of the state dictated by facebook comments.

Closely followed by the naming and shaming of everyone questioned or suspected of anything because we are nosy bastards.

Not to forget life imprisonment for anyone described in a post as 'scum' if that post gets fifty or more likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

El Guapo! wrote: »

It's an original idea.

How often does that happen here?

OP what needs to be done here is an overall of the sentencing in this country. If

a person commits premeditated murder and is found guilty of same they should

never see the light of day again in this country life should mean that LIFE!. 17

years is the average term served by prisoners on a life sentence what a fcuking joke that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Death penalty is such a waste. Carry we not just carry out experiments on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

kneemos wrote: »
    It's an original idea.

Oh ok, an idiotic original idea.

Happy now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

It would be the first policy decision in the history of the state dictated by facebook comments.

Closely followed by the naming and shaming of everyone questioned or suspected of anything because we are nosy bastards.

Not to forget life imprisonment for anyone described in a post as 'scum' if that post gets fifty or more likes.

Lets burn down the homes of all the Paediatricians!

They're evil scum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

What happens if said person is tried, deported and executed....and a year later they find out it was his roommate who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Lets burn down the homes of all the Paediatricians!

They're evil scum!

They even put plaques on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭cml387

On the other hand, the death penalty would be a useful punishment for those who insist on packing their voluminous shopping at the checkout in Lidl.

Wang King wrote: »
    What happens if said person is tried, deported and executed....and a year later they find out it was his roommate who did it.

Send a Ham to the widow then send the roomate over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

cml387 wrote: »
    On the other hand, the death penalty would be a useful punishment for those who insist on packing their voluminous shopping at the checkout in Lidl.

Yeah mate. No point having voluminous shopping if you don't take it home and pack it in the dark.

Send a Ham to the widow then send the roomate over.

on second thoughts cancel the ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

kneemos wrote: »
    It's an original idea.

How come you didn't start this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Well apart from the fact that the crimes were not committed in the US and did not involve US citizens there is also the fact that not every US state carries out executions.

Plus I'd wager the yanks wouldn't really want to have to do other countries dirty work for them.

Good plan though, I can see you've put a lot of thought into it.

I will come back with a revised plan B...

just need to watch law abiding citizen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah because people love paying taxes.
    Although I agree it's a stupid idea, cost of flying them to the USA would be SFA compared to their annual expense in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

eviltwin wrote: »
    Even if this had happened in the US the killer is unlikely to be given a death sentence. They don't just sentence every killer to death you know.

for killing someone like that, chances of getting on death row would be pretty high.

life, with no parole and a large big mac and extra large everything before you go.

Advertisement