Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extradite killers to the USA.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'm sure the American taxpayers will have no problem with spending serious cash on dealing with our problem, for no obvious gain to themselves. Sure they love us, the Irish built the roads etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Birneybau wrote: »
    How come you didn't start this thread?

My apprentice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

We need to outsource our prison system to private companies, there will be no perks for inmates then, work them to the bone breaking rocks.
    Anyone convicted of murder straight to the electric chair within a hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭DeadHand

This thread is a good example of why emotion has no place in lawmaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

We need to outsource our prison system to private companies, there will be no perks for inmates then, work them to the bone breaking rocks.

Give them a shovel and a pick and put them freeing blocked drains on the road side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Its obviously that evil bastard in Glasgow that we are talking about here.
    Why should he be able to get out of prison in his mid thirties and probably start a family and live his life after what he has done?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

c_man wrote: »
    I'm sure the American taxpayers will have no problem with spending serious cash on dealing with our problem, for no obvious gain to themselves. Sure they love us, the Irish built the roads etc etc

A lot of u.s states have outsourced there prison systems to private companies, these would be glad to take our inmates for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

The US is a shining example of how the death penalty and inhuman prison conditions leads to a nearly crime free society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    Give them a shovel and a pick .....

Give the prisoners shovels and picks?

You obviously haven't ever watched the Great Escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,209 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kneemos wrote: »
    It's an original idea.

How often does that happen here?

No - the Brits were doing it centurues ago (they just used Australia)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A lot of u.s states have outsourced there prison systems to private companies, these would be glad to take our inmates for a fee.

They can't take non American prisoners convicted of crimes outside of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Give the prisoners shovels and picks?

You obviously haven't ever watched the Great Escape.

Or as it's called in Germany, the Great Recapture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Private companies don't execute people though. Right....? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

c_man wrote: »

The prison system in the U.S is a multi-billion dollar industry. Most prisons have capacity quotas, I would imagine they'd be delighted to take our prisoners. Have a read of this http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_prison_state_of_america_20141228

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

So USA would be exporting death basically

• Registered Users Posts: 33,209 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

bb1234567 wrote: »

Not really - unless the State requires the bodies for some reason.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

magentis wrote: »
    Its obviously that evil bastard in Glasgow that we are talking about here.
    Why should he be able to get out of prison in his mid thirties and probably start a family and live his life after what he has done?

hear, hear

or even a country like Thailand, i am sure they would love our tax money to send these cretins to the lovely jails they have., the cost of sending them away to a place like that would be a lot less than it costs the tax payer in Ireland/UK to keep them in jail, and feeding the pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

waste of a bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Good grief man, do you know nothing?
    You export criminals to Australia, and religious nutters to America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Why cant we execute them here?

you could but you would end up in the slammer.

can we call joe about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Wang King wrote: »
    What happens if said person is tried, deported and executed....and a year later they find out it was his roommate who did it.
    That would be an Alanis situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Ideally those who vote for the death penalty should have their names recorded and should be put on an 'Executioner Duty' list that might see them actually have to press the 'death button' on threat of a year in prison if they refuse/can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bb1234567 wrote: »

For a change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

El Guapo! wrote: »
    :D

what movie is this from ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

the_monkey wrote: »
    :D

what movie is this from ?

Billy Madison. One of Sandlers earlier movies, Before he just kept doing the same character all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

cml387 wrote: »
    The US is a shining example of how the death penalty and inhuman prison conditions leads to a nearly crime free society.

Whereas the halting of all murder here coincided with the removal of the punishment from our books?

The only shine I see is off the glazed eyeballs of liberals and dogooder innocents from privileged backgrounds who don't grasp how heinous the crime of murder really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Hachiko wrote: »
    In light of the tragic events in Glasgow, I see no reason why say the governments of Ireland and the UK could reach some agreement to send people convicted of crimes like this to the USA, where they can be put on death row.

Seriously, crimes like this are the lowest of the low and I am sure the cost of sending these vile people abroad can be subsidised by tax payers.

I am all in.

Capital punishment is not the way civilised modern countries should be behaving but I do yhink your idea has some merit.

Why can't our government reach some agreement with Doc Brown and send people back to the 1800s where they can then be transported to Australia.

That way the taxpayers only need to pay the cost of the Plutonium and DeLorean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,288 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ideally those who vote for the death penalty should have their names recorded and should be put on an 'Executioner Duty' list that might see them actually have to press the 'death button' on threat of a year in prison if they refuse/can't.

do you think they would have a problem with that?

Advertisement