Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active shooter at Youtube headquarters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

That is the logical next step, in fact the perfect meta murder would be someone pinging their victim to watch a live stream, seeing the gun for real and themselves on screen at the same moment. Someone will do it. Maybe someone has already done it.

There were that ruddy bloke what were camera man for't' tele.

Pulled gun out with camera running and ruddy shot lady int back.

Right live on air like. Killed her an all like, an some other bloke.

Complete bastid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

"it's unusual for a....gunwoman to be female". Quality coverage as always Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,447 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thoughts and prayers. x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Berserker wrote: »
    The shooter is female according to some reports.

No prosecution so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

greencap wrote:
    There were that ruddy bloke what were camera man for't' tele.

Never saw anyone write in an accent before, unless it was a book. First time for everything I suppose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Just as well youtube started banning all their gun channels, made America a lot safer that did.

Presume the cops showed up equipped with strong language and tazers out of respect for their wishes

greencap wrote: »
    thats comedian bloke innit.
    Sam Hyde of MDE fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tomorrow it will all be forgotten.

I often wonder why the parents of the Sandy Hook kids did not try to change the gun laws.

Does anyone know why they didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think it's a case of a jealous GF shooting her BF another girl and then herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Google says people shot in youtube are being taken to Zuckerberg hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Pelvis wrote: »
    Female suspected killed.

Shootered. Well she was described as a "Shooter", but in reality was a murderer.

Language can change what people actually do. Potentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I often wonder why the parents of the Sandy Hook kids did not try to change the gun laws.

I'm sure they did poor feckers. Obama even said it was one of the worst days of his presidency and even with all those little children to be killed like that still it made no difference to gun control. I can remember the interview he had years in his eyes. Even the then president couldn't change the laws... it seems that fighting for gun controls in America is like farting against a hurricane.

Sam Hyde of MDE fame.

Just googled him.

Yip, I want be tweeting his image the next time there’s a shooting. And, there will be a next time and a next time ...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Looks like they are taking a different approach - get the gunmakers

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-connecticut-shooting/newtown-families-seek-to-hold-gun-maker-accountable-in-connecticut-court-idUSKBN1DE1J9

https://www.refinery29.com/2017/11/180724/sandy-hook-newtown-shooting-gun-control-laws

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/12/nyregion/appeal-offers-hope-for-newtown-families-in-suit-against-gun-companies.html

NEWTOWN, Conn. — In the years since his 6-year-old son, Benjamin, was fatally shot at Sandy Hook Elementary School, David Wheeler has testified before state legislatures, lobbied members of Congress and sat beside his wife, Francine, as she delivered a speech during one of President Obama’s weekly addresses, pleading for changes to the nation’s gun laws.

This week, the families of the victims plan to be in Hartford, listening as lawyers lay out in state Supreme Court their case that the companies that manufactured and sold the military-style assault rifle used by the gunman bear responsibility for the attack in which 26 people, including 20 children, were killed.

They are deploying a novel strategy that the families and their lawyers say could pierce the sweeping shield created by federal law that protects gun companies from litigation and has thwarted countless lawsuits after their weapons were used to commit crimes.

Supporters believe that if the court clears the way for a jury trial, the gun companies’ internal communications — which the companies have fought fiercely to keep private — would surface in discovery, a potentially revealing and damaging glimpse into the industry and how it operates. It could also chart a legal road map for the survivors and relatives of victims in other mass shootings as they pursue accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I think it's a case of a jealous GF shooting her BF another girl and then herself.

My guess is a “gun rights” advocate.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Female shooter is drop dead dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Police on TV.

4 shot, one self inflicted. All transported to hospital and their status are unknown. Female shooter confirmed.

Still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Maybe.

https://twitter.com/barney1776/status/981272887553396737?s=19

In the spirit of speculation, vlogger driven nuts by being demonetized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I can't remember a time in recent years that it was a lone female shooter in an incident like this. Very rare. I wonder what the motive was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thoughts and prayers. x

Hope you put a filter on your FB profile pic too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Maybe the next shooter will put a live stream camera on their gun.

Basically, it's been done. Happened last year in Cleveland.

FB got a fair bit of flak over it. They had left the video up for almost two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I can't remember a time in recent years that it was a lone female shooter in an incident like this. Very rare. I wonder what the motive was?

Just guessing but I would say possibly targeted the boyfriend or ex boyfriend and his present girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Basically, it's been done. Happened last year in Cleveland.

I should be surprised but I'm not. That must have been one of the more mundane multiple shootings that failed to make international news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Where's boneyarsebogman these days for the live police scanner updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Maybe if we called them murderers or assassins rather than Shooters that would be good?
    Again the word "shooter" is ridiculous. But what the heck no one cares the next day anyway.
    Active potential assassin FGS.
    Shooter is just NRA talk. To minimise it.
    Shootered. Well she was described as a "Shooter", but in reality was a murderer.

C'mon spit it out, what are you trying to tell us?

• Advertisement

Advertisement