Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2018, 19:04   #46
green shoots
Banned

It's sad really. I mean it's easy for us to say omg they can't just expect to walk in there, but if you or I were from sh*thole like Honduras, chances are you'd be in the caravan too.
Here in Europe we can expect an endless growing flow of Africans to start flooding Europe, especially with climate change and droughts and crop failures etc. I really expect to see machine guns slaughtering hoardes trying to enter the US/Europe, before I die. The world is bursting at the seams and resources are going to become more scarce.
Advertisement
02-11-2018, 19:05   #47
Murray TheDemonic TalkingSkull

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvySlayer View Post
Sending troops was a smart idea, PR wise anyway, or else vigilantes with guns would be there instead.

Bought time anyway!
Could be a massacre if those militia nuts decided to get involved. At least the army will keep them at bay.
(2) thanks from:
02-11-2018, 19:07   #48
wexie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fann Linn View Post
If 15000 march together, across different countries, that could appear to be an invasion.
Calling 15000 people trying to get into a country with a population of over 300 million an 'invasion' is like calling a mosquito in your room an assassination attempt...

02-11-2018, 19:08   #49
Accumulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
Imagine sending your army to defend your countries border
Who should they send instead?

School teachers, refrigerator installers or maybe hairdressers - all who would have no knowledge nor experience of estabilishing a perimeter, or the border security of a sovereign nation...
Thanks from:
02-11-2018, 19:09   #50
Fann Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wexie View Post
Calling 15000 people trying to get into a country with a population of over 300 million an 'invasion' is like calling a mosquito in your room an assassination attempt...

Recon.
Advertisement
02-11-2018, 19:10   #51
Fann Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
Who should they send instead?

School teachers, refrigerator installers or maybe hairdressers - all who would have no knowledge nor experience of estabilishing a perimeter, or the border security of a sovereign nation...
I think it was tongue in cheek.
02-11-2018, 19:10   #52
IvySlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray TheDemonic TalkingSkull View Post
Could be a massacre if those militia nuts decided to get involved. At least the army will keep them at bay.
I imagine they would be under the control/command of border patrol who would be a lot more experienced at this.
02-11-2018, 19:12   #53
iamwhoiam

Its the same principle as many birds and animals adopt . Gather in large groups and when the predator arrives move in a unified group and hope its not you he grabs
Thanks from:
02-11-2018, 19:12   #54
ceadaoin.

Saw some of them being interviewed the other day. Some are bringing their kids including babies. given the recent stuff with people being detained and separated from their children at the border, I don't know why they want to come. I'm a legal immigrant to the US and I worry about that. Not worth the risk imo.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-11-2018, 19:14   #55
Fann Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhoiam View Post
Its the same principle as many birds and animals adopt . Gather in large groups and when the predator arrives move in a unified group and hope its not you he grabs

That would be grand if Trump was heading for them These are going the other way.
02-11-2018, 19:14   #56
green shoots
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceadaoin. View Post
Saw some of them being interviewed the other day. Some are bringing their kids including babies. given the recent stuff with people being detained and separated from their children at the border, I don't know why they want to come. I'm a legal immigrant to the US and I worry about that. Not worth the risk imo.
Because they're desperate and destitute and probably have an idea that the USA will offer them a good life if they can just make it over the border. I've been in Central America and the poverty I witnessed was overwhelming at times. People are always going to try and escape that one way or another.
(3) thanks from:
02-11-2018, 19:15   #57
Accumulator

On the plus side he could employ on a temp visa them to build the wall.
As long as they can be trained, an extra 30,000 pairs of hands showing up at the border might be a recruiters dream.

Fed, watered and paid in u$d, keeping track of them could be tricky however.
02-11-2018, 19:17   #58
afkasurfjunkie

Trump doesn’t even need to send troops to the border. Some of his nutjob followers armed to the teeth will prob head there to pick a few off. Itl’ll be open season.
(2) thanks from:
02-11-2018, 19:35   #59
El Tarangu

Quote:
US troops will consider those throwing rocks to be the same as those with guns......

Wtf, have they been getting protest control lessons from the Israeli's?
Quote:
Nowhere near that number would be throwing rocks. It's like the paratroopers up North shooting protesters.

In 2018, people don't even need for anything to have happened to get their outrage cranked up to 11...
02-11-2018, 19:37   #60
Ronan|Raven
I Believe I Can Fly!

Migrants??

CARAVAN??!!!

Someone call Peter Casey...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text