Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Close to final draft I think. Ings in, Fraser out and back to 3-4-3. Not a fan of having a Southampton forward in general but after looking at Ings' stats and taking on board what klopparama said, I think he's worth investing in at that price.

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson Monreal
    Salah Mkhi Pedro Ricky
    Auba Aguero Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Opinion of this

29xhstw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am on WC...
    Have a post on FPL chat page today re who are best options as 4.0 def and 4.5 m midfielder....W Bas obvious and have him but want a second....have Stankovic there at mo....
    Have Guendouzi as fodder midfielder....
    Given the amount of price fallers this year I think your bench need to be lads safe from a price drop if at all possible.
    Who do people reckon are safest bench fodder picks?
    If ye gave time look at my post about it on FPL chat page...my WC team there too.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Am on WC...
    Have a post on FPL chat page today re who are best options as 4.0 def and 4.5 m midfielder....W Bas obvious and have him but want a second....have Stankovic there at mo....
    Have Guendouzi as fodder midfielder....
    Given the amount of price fallers this year I think your bench need to be lads safe from a price drop if at all possible.
    Who do people reckon are safest bench fodder picks?
    If ye gave time look at my post about it on FPL chat page...my WC team there too.

Thanks.

Billing, Hogg and Mendy worth considering in midfield.
    I'm hoping Chalobah goes from red to 100% but it's unlikely.
    FFS don't have Billing in predicted line-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Opinion of this

Looks a good first team to me. Got wildcard team set myself and very similar. This week my line up is the same except I have Robertson instead of Trippier, and Fraser and Wilson instead of Pedro and Mkhitaryan. I have a bit more value tied up on the bench than some might recommend but I think it's good to have some choices on the first team depending on fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So should I stick with this? ! Ha :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Close to final draft I think. Ings in, Fraser out and back to 3-4-3. Not a fan of having a Southampton forward in general but after looking at Ings' stats and taking on board what klopparama said, I think he's worth investing in at that price.

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson Monreal
    Salah Mkhi Pedro Ricky
    Auba Aguero Ings

I've settled on a very similar team, but am 0.1 short for a 5.5 def, so no Monreal for me. Unless a price change or two goes my way tonight, I'm looking at Pereira.

tailgunner wrote: »
    I've settled on a very similar team, but am 0.1 short for a 5.5 def, so no Monreal for me. Unless a price change or two goes my way tonight, I'm looking at Pereira.

Haven't watched Pereira yet, he's very close to 100% on fpl stats so I'd pop him now if you haven't already done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

I find myself doing ok, good but not great. Looking over my team I needed to change nine dropping in form and price. Just picked all the risers and Voila!

Ederson (Etheridge)

Alonso Mendy Tarko (S.Cook Wan-B)

Mane Salah Richy Pereyra Fraser

Aguerro Ings (Joselu)

0.9 itb

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Liam O wrote:
    Any 4.4s likely to play? Been .1 short for a few things and could afford to downgrade Cedric.

It looks like Doherty might drop to 4.4 tonight. He's a very attacking wing back who missed an easy chance before he got injured.

I'm doing up a wild card team now at the moment and he rotates well with Holebas and Wan Bissaka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So should I stick with this? ! Ha :)

Very good team. Wouldn’t change much to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Haven't watched Pereira yet, he's very close to 100% on fpl stats so I'd pop him now if you haven't already done so.

Yep, have him in for now. Really hoping Dale Stephens drops to 4.4 tonight so I can afford Monreal or maybe PVA, but looks unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Has anyone actually made money off a player that they won't actually keep in their team this week? Alonso looks like he'll be the only one I get after his rise tonight, thought I'd get from Wilson too but he won't get a second rise tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Ozil rumoured to be out of today's game with illness.
    Think I'll chance Iwobi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    I've activated, writing this as a note to self
    Gone from this:
    DDG-Boruc
    Mendy-Davies-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Peltier
    Salah-Pogba-Richarlison-Jota-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Austin

Currently on this, in attempt to nab a double riser which won't happen.
    Ederson-Hamer
    Mendy-Alonso-Shaw-Wan Bissaka-Bennett
    Salah-Pogba-Pedro-Richarlison-Stephens
    Aguero-Firmino-Wilson

I plan to end up with Lloris or Allison in goal
    Ings for Wilson up front

I might try and downgrade one premium Def or
    the GK, and Pedro to Kante :O

In order to have Kane instead of Firmino.
    I had been planning to get Kane in for Aguero but don't know if I can do it after Sergio looked after me today.

Salah out for Mane would make things so much easier for me. :/
    But don't think I could sleep easy at night with the fear.

Well I decided to not buy Lloris in case he gets incarcerated.

Ended up on this.

McCarthy-Hamer

Alonso-Mendy-Robertson-Bennett(Wolves)-Wan-Bissake

D.Silva-Salah-Richarlison-Kante-Stephens

Ings-Aguero-Aubameyang

Don't know how I'll get a Spurs attacker without 2 moves and losing a big name.
    and not happy with my 2 budget MFs, McCarthy will be swapped for another 4.5 when Southampton's fixtures turn.

Any thoughts?

Ended up on this.

McCarthy-Hamer

Ings-Aguero-Aubameyang

and not happy with my 2 budget MFs, McCarthy will be swapped for another 4.5 when Southampton's fixtures turn.

Any thoughts?

You plan on playing 4-3-3 most weeks when AWB is available ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ended up on this.

McCarthy-Hamer

Ings-Aguero-Aubameyang

Any thoughts?

I'd be worried about going with McCarthy and Hamer as both could lose their place . Hamer probably will this weekend . McCarthy if he has a bad game
    I can't get behind playing Kante every week.........when everyone is available (very soon ) he may well revert to the role he has played his entire career outside of the last 2 games .......

You plan on playing 4-3-3 most weeks when AWB is available ?

Will have to play Kante (3-4+3) or AWB (4-3-3)most weeks I think, it's not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Ederson (Hamer)
    Alonso Mendy Robertson (Wan-Bissaka Bennett)
    Neves Salah Mane Richarlison (Guendouzi)
    Arnautovic Aguero Zaha

Happy to go with this team over the next few weeks, no Arsenal in it but I think I've made my peace with it. Well set up for week 4 if nothing else so if I get anything out of Neves Arnautovic or Zaha this weekend that will do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Allison
    Alonso Mendy Trippier
    Mane Dilva Mkhi Richarlison Iwobi
    Aguero Auba
    (Hamer - Kamara Bennett AWB)

All out on Arsenal attack.

• Advertisement

I stuck with my preseason plan and wildcard
    I set up for those 2 weeks and hoped to get a decent start . I have even if I'm still 30 behind in main league. The plan was then to jump on a couple of tea!s who have a really really good run of fixtures. I've also avoided a fair few price drops .
    So it's a little experment. A proactive rather than reactive wildcard . Let's see how it goes . It's also set up with a specific week in mind ............best laid plans and all that..........
    I've spent WAY more on keepers and defence that usual but that's due to the value in midfield this year
    I had Ings in for Arnie but I don't trust Southampton/Hughes and I didn't need the extra money in the end
    Mane and auba the 2 players I fear not owning as they will be in a lot of teams around me
    Kane isn't

GK
    Schmeichel /Hennessy- decent rotation and more importantly when Palaces fixtures turn Leicester have good ones. At that stage I won't need a second playing keeper hopefully and will downgrade .........

Def
    Robertson Mendy WanB Alonso Steve cook
    already owned first 3. Alonso could be a disaster but if he is its easy to downgrade to Bavies . Steve Cook will be my 5th defender . I needed a defender from a team with a good fixture for one particular week..........I got his first rise and hopefully knock a second out of him. Doherty when he dropped to 4.4 tempted me as did Holebas at 4.6
    Reality is he won't be played hopefully bar that one week

Mid
    Salah Ricky Miki Pedro Fraser
    This was the main reason for wildcarding . Couple of 50/50 calls wrong and wanted in on Arsenal and Chelsea attack
    Pedro a risk but lots of other options of he doesn't work out. Maddison being the number one target

Fwd
    Aguero Arnie Mitrovic
    Had the first 2 . Been very very impressed with Mitrovic despite what I said preseson .
    Happy to chance him for a few weeks
    Arnie could have become zaha but I just prefer Arnie. He has more of an eye for goal and has pens. And he is a lunatic !!!

0.3 ITB

It's a different team set up than usual for me so be interesting to see how it goes

One final note . I wildcards basically over one evening . Sunday I think it was . And !add a few changes Monday and that was it. Much more relaxed about it as I had the bones of the squad together and the rest in my head since preseason.

Its not ideal but I did want to get Hazard in while I was wild carding as it'd be too much work given his price tag later I think he could have a great season, especially if as I predict (hope) he gets moved into a striker position.

.........Ederson

Perriera..Monreal..A.Arnold

Mane..Pedro..Mihki..Hazard..Madison

Aubam..Audero

Hammer....Kamara....WB..Bennet

I went with team B because I think that’s the sensible choice.

Hope I got it right.

I’m going against my gut.

Edit - the late news on Ozil, being ill, also influenced my decision because more chance of Lacazette starting now and Aubameyang playing off the left.

km79 wrote: »
    I'd be worried about going with McCarthy and Hamer as both could lose their place . Hamer probably will this weekend . McCarthy if he has a bad game
    I can't get behind playing Kante every week.........when everyone is available (very soon ) he may well revert to the role he has played his entire career outside of the last 2 games .......

Yeah I agree with you on Kante, I wanted Pedro but I wanted Silva more so Pedro had to go. Noone else really caught my eye at 5.0 or under.

Can't see McCarthy losing his place. Nailed on since Hughes took over.
    Gunn is unproven in the premier league,
    Forster isn't making match day squads.
    I only need a few weeks from McCarthy anyway.

Hamer is just there because he's 4.0, could have been any non playing 4.0 so said I might as well choose a GK that has some (small) chance of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right.

Ended up playing a last min knee-jerk WC to avoid taking hits. It's been quite a while since I played such an earky WC. But the amount of hits (already -4 last GW, was on -8 this GW with at least a -4 coming next GW and my GK was not sorted... - that's the problem when you rush your GW1 team) made me rush this one. Just did not have the time to change my 5th mid £4.5m bench fodder and just saw that Stephens is close to a drop... Hopefully will have nothing unexpected happening such that I can work on that next GW.

So. WC team is:

Alison (Boruc)
    Alonso Mendy Daniels (AWB, Peltier)
    Salah Pedro Richarlison Mkhitaryan (Stephens)
    Aguero Aubameyang Ings

Major changes are Tosun & Long upfront and a change to a premium defense (Pickford, VVD, Zab out for Alison Alonso Mendy) that implied a more budget midfield (Sanchez & Bilva to Pedro & Mikhi). Not too happy to ship out Sanchez & Bilva (would have preferred 2 City attackers than 2 Arsenal but choices have to be made to balance out the team and I figured that Alison-Alonso-Mikhi was better than Pickford-VVD-Bilva).
    The rest are just adjustments (Bednarek to Peltier, Tomkins to AWB).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Well lads... How's things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

How do things work these days. There were no chips back when I played. 1 wildcard between now and the new year? And one chip that can be used any time?

There surely won't be many obvious opportunities to use towards the winter break.

What's the most common strategy? Early wildcard to maximise profit after a few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

S.M.B. wrote: »
    How do things work these days. There were no chips back when I played. 1 wildcard between now and the new year? And one chip that can be used any time?

There surely won't be many obvious opportunities to use towards the winter break.

What's the most common strategy? Early wildcard to maximise profit after a few weeks?

That's the reason I went for it last week. Saw some good players going up in value and not in team so reckoned it was a good time to get in on the price rises and improve the weak spots in the team. Made 0.1mill profit on selling Richarlison for Walcott about 10minutes ago.

• Advertisement

IMG_20180825_171613.jpg

Might be ordering a copy of this Monday morning

Advertisement