Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Ireland committing genocide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 charlotte.york

The stupidity of this post is making my hair hurt, so much bullsh/t posted with so little substance.

It has reasoning and rational, unlike your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,643 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sorry, i don't engage with reregs.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 charlotte.york

Sorry, i don't engage with reregs.

Or reason

what is a regegs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Last time I was in Roscommon, the KFC had closed down. If that's not attempted genocide, I don't know what is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭circadian

Sick burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Collie D wrote: »
    It would be if us stingy bastards in the Pale provided telescopes

They are not being stingy. That would imply they own what they steal.

Well duuuuh, not every county can get a NATIONAL facility.

Unless it is Dublin in which case it gets everything, no expense spared.

Dublin subsidises these counties through the ass. Dublin should be getting far more investment than it is, for a city of its size it is woefully lacking in infrastructure. Dubliners get very poor return on the taxes they pay, taxpayers in most of the country get more out of the system than they pay in.

Even the inflated property taxes which Dubliners have to pay are skimmed off to subsidise rural Ireland.

Not so. Dublin gets subsidized by the rest of the country and by rights its should be paying rent to the rest of the country for all the things we paid for that Dublin got.

The countryside is literally full of shît ...

Well that is where your food comes from. Bon appetit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Should this thread not be moved to the Dublin forum as it's essentially one man's tirade against Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not so. Dublin gets subsidized by the rest of the country and by rights its should be paying rent to the rest of the country for all the things we paid for that Dublin got.

Another doozy of an opinion that just goes way beyond wrong. Wages in dublin are higher so we pay more tax per capita. The cost of providing services per capita is lower in dublin due to the higher population. You could not be more wrong if you tried, and boy do you try.

And the mask finally slips ;)

What mask? Discretion was not my intended modus opperandi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Unless it is Dublin in which case it gets everything, no expense spared.

Dublin is the largest city with a higher population than the other cities combined.
    Every city has a motorway direct to Dublin.
    Leinster has a higher population that the other 3 provinces combined.

Explain again why building in Dublin doesn't suit the vast majority of the people in this country?

Dublin actually feeds the poorer counties by generating the massive revenue needed.

Wrong on all counts. Dublin has yet to repay the rest of the country in monetary terms for what it got. If trends continue, Dublin will also be reliant on water from the west.

Dublin is the largest city with a higher population than the other cities combined.
    Every city has a motorway direct to Dublin.
    Leinster has a higher population that the other 3 provinces combined.

Explain again why building in Dublin doesn't suit the vast majority of the people in this country?

Dublin was a mistake. Time to invest elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I for one think we should build an airport and children’s hospital on top of carrauntoohil. The summit has been neglected by government for far too long and deserves just as much investment as Dublin, regardless of population.

Aiming high ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,458 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not so. Dublin gets subsidized by the rest of the country

That is a complete and utter falsehood.

and by rights its should be paying rent to the rest of the country for all the things we paid for that Dublin got.

Laughable. Do you expect to be taken seriously with this sort of rubbish? What "things have you paid for that Dublin got" ? In reality, the flow of taxpayers' funds is very much in the opposite direction.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Dublin was a mistake. Time to invest elsewhere.

Any notion on when you'd like to say that Dublin was a mistake from? Keep in mind it's over 1000 years old. Just wondering which century you want to bash so we can figure out when your plan should have applied from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Any notion on when you'd like to say that Dublin was a mistake from? Keep in mind it's over 1000 years old. Just wondering which century you want to bash so we can figure out when your plan should have applied from.

It is all the vikings fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What absolute nonsense. And I say this as someone who lives, and was born and bred, in deeply rural Ireland. The facts don't support your premise. Care to elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What absolute nonsense. And I say this as someone who lives, and was born and bred, in deeply rural Ireland. The facts don't support your premise. Care to elaborate?

Careful what you wish for?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Remember the good old days when Ireland was a depressing rural nation? Where the only thing to do was move out or get molested by priests?

Pepperidge farm remembers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Remember the good old days when Ireland was a depressing rural nation? Where the only thing to do was move out or get molested by priests?

Pepperidge farm remembers

You should check out the OPs views on catholic Ireland.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

You should check out the OPs views on catholic Ireland.

Yeah its pretty funny. 90% sure its a parody though

It is a living mistake which started a 1000 years ago and is getting worse as it goes.

That is a complete and utter falsehood.

Laughable. Do you expect to be taken seriously with this sort of rubbish? What "things have you paid for that Dublin got" ? In reality, the flow of taxpayers' funds is very much in the opposite direction.

I will not grace these questions with an answer. Talk of adding insult to injury!

I will not grace these questions with an answer. Talk of adding insult to injury!

Sounds like you are very jealous of Leinster and Dublin in particular. Dublin is generally a welcoming place, more so than some of the villages of Donegal. You too can have a chunk of all the country taxes that are being stolen if you move here!

Sounds like you are very jealous of Leinster and Dublin in particular. Dublin is generally a welcoming place, more so than some of the villages of Donegal. You too can have a chunk of all the country taxes that are being stolen if you move here!

Welcoming? Really!!?? Somehow I don`t think Dubliners would welcome an overnight increase in population of 30% in the form of migrants (as has been the case in some rural communities) and the few Ireland do accept are sent to the back of beyonds (by the Dubs). Indeed the Dublin Regulation (604/2013) shows just how "welcoming" Dublin is. Migrants coming to Europe will all be told the reason they must stay in Lampedusa or Lesbos is because of the Dublin regulation and I think they will make up their own minds on the kind of place Dublin is.

Welcoming? Really!!?? Somehow I don`t think Dubliners would welcome an overnight increase in population of 30% in the form of migrants (as has been the case in some rural communities) and the few Ireland do accept are sent to the back of beyonds (by the Dubs). Indeed the Dublin Regulation (604/2013) shows just how "welcoming" Dublin is. Migrants coming to Europe will all be told the reason they must stay in Lampedusa or Lesbos is because of the Dublin regulation and I think they will make up their own minds on the kind of place Dublin is.

I hear you're a racist now father!

Nothing wrong with foreigners. I work and deal with them every day in many aspects of life.

• Advertisement

It is a living mistake which started a 1000 years ago and is getting worse as it goes.

A living mistake, you say?

Oh, the irony.

:cool:

Advertisement