Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

nc6000 wrote: »
    Yes, I was thinking yesterday that it can't be too hard to get teams to nominate a venue for their potential semi-final well in advance.

Yeah I can't get my head around it tbh. Only got released Friday of the qfs weekend last year. Gives all of 3 weeks to book flights. Granted you still have to wait for qf results and ko times but could at least take a chance before airlines hike up the prices. SF weekebd also Easter weekend so prices may be up already. At least some people might have Monday and/or Friday off already..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

In fairness if you want to take a chance before QF results you know the likely locations

in or around London for Sarries is likely for 1

The other is likely to be France. If you want to take a chance book flight s to Paris, there are great train links from there to any of the likely venues.

the real risk is that the Irish team end up at home and you have booked flights!! That risk will be there until the QFs

Riskymove wrote: »
    In fairness if you want to take a chance before QF results you know the likely locations

The other is likely to be France. If you want to take a chance book flight s to Paris, there are great train links from there to any of the likely venues.

the real risk is that the Irish team end up at home and you have booked flights!! That risk will be there until the QFs

Yeah think that is more of a risk with Leinster and Ulster with outcome of Racing Toulouse. Guess Edinburgh Munster could be very tight but would expect Saracens to beat Glasgow. Might chance booking London flights and shout for Edinburgh if Munster are out. :P Handy that Munster lads will hopefully get a run out in Murrayfield before qfs this season, cos there's no away Pro14 tie v Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I hear what you are saying but something about your username is making me want to buy the flight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So Bernard Le Roux has been ruled out of the 6N with a knee injury. I imagine this makes him a serious doubt for the QF against Toulouse too. He's a big player for them.

I would put that quarter final on a knife edge at this point.

• Advertisement

Is it tomorrow the qf dates and kos are due to be confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it tomorrow the qf dates and kos are due to be confirmed?

From here
    NB The exact dates, venues, kick-off times and TV coverage for the matches will be announced towards the end of the week.

kmart6 wrote: »

Thanks. Tomorrow or Friday so I guess

Eod100 wrote: »
    Thanks. Tomorrow or Friday so I guess

Got an email form travel company before noon saying details would be confirmed "very shortly"

I have been monitoring since and am fed up now - why send that??

Got an email form travel company before noon saying details would be confirmed "very shortly"

I have been monitoring since and am fed up now - why send that??

Think I got the same if it was Killester. Guess they mean in next few days once confirmed by EPCR?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

munster game is sat lunchtime. disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

unplayable wrote: »
    munster game is sat lunchtime. disaster

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

mate heard it said its def first game on sat. should be confirmed later i think

unplayable wrote: »
    mate heard it said its def first game on sat. should be confirmed later i think

What about the rest of them? Racing are obviously going to get the Sunday and I would imagine Saracens and BT will push pretty hard for the other Saturday game.

Leinster on the Friday would be a dream. I love Friday night games.

troyzer wrote: »
    Leinster on the Friday would be a dream. I love Friday night games.

there may not be a Friday game

2 sat
    2 Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 40 F.nelson

Saturday afternoon Edinburgh v.Munster

Saturday evening Leinsterv.Ulster

Sunday afternoon Racingv.Toulouse

Sunday evening Saracens v.Glasgow Warriors

Seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'll gladly take that. Pub for the Munster match, stadium for the Leinster match then off home to iron my Toulouse jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 F.nelson

F.nelson wrote: »

Seemingly

Heard munster are the first game anyway. And in this order then

Don't mind that at all, if that's that. Had already booked flights to Edinburgh for the Friday evening. Wasn't sure Edinburgh game would be the Sat afternoon with Hearts game then. Thought it might be swapped with Glasgow match with Rangers v Celtic on the Sunday. Just got to wait for it to be confirmed officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

That’s great. Have Friday- Sunday booked for Edinburgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Sweet my sat morning gamble paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Are these confirmed yet? Not on any of the obvious websites.

First Up wrote: »
    Are these confirmed yet? Not on any of the obvious websites.

no announcement yet

no announcement yet

Could be tomorrow at this rate

15 nominees out for Champions Cup player of the year. https://twitter.com/C4Sport/status/1088471257245499398?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I always feel like these shortlists come out too soon. I know six games have been played already, but there are still three rounds of the tournament left. At least wait until after the quarterfinals so you've a better picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Henderson snubbed. I think medard was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

F.nelson wrote: »

Seemingly

Perfect. Atmosphere will be cracking for the all Irish affair on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Buer wrote: »
    I'll gladly take that. Pub for the Munster match, stadium for the Leinster match then off home to iron my Toulouse jersey.

You'll be too sad to iron your Toulouse jersey

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    Buer wrote: »

You'll be too sad to iron your Toulouse jersey

That's fighting talk.

Advertisement