Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Thursday apparently

Yeah said by end of week. So guess Thursday or Friday. Mentioned venues too but thought they're a done deal? Presume Leinster Ulster would be Aviva not RDS?

When was the last time Leinster and Ulster met in Europe...?

...anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah said by end of week. So guess Thursday or Friday. Mentioned venues too but thought they're a done deal? Presume Leinster Ulster would be Aviva not RDS?

Hard to imagine Leinster v Ulster won't be at the Aviva.

How many tickets do the away team get? 25%?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

...anyone?

2012 final?

...anyone?

We played "in" Europe about 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

2012 final?

Whoosh.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

bilston wrote: »
    Hard to imagine Leinster v Ulster won't be at the Aviva.

How many tickets do the away team get? 25%?
    Ulster have already emailed season ticket holders to say it's in Lansdowne Road and we have 25% allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep, the Leinster Supporters Club have confirmed it's in the Aviva.

https://twitter.com/OLSCRugby/status/1087034450121240581?s=19

I would guess that the Racing v Toulouse game will be the late Sunday game.

Which leaves Leinster v Ulster, Edinburgh v Munster and Saracens v Glasgow.

I think Leinster v Ulster will get the prime-time Saturday evening slot.

awec wrote: »

Celtic Rangers the Sunday at 12. Dunno would that make a difference for Glasgow or Edinburgh match. Hearts also playing Saturday afternoon at 3 a mile from Murrayfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

awec wrote: »

Maybe..... although I think the organisers may want to give that to Saracens.

So long as we're on the Saturday and not the Friday or Sunday I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yep, the Leinster Supporters Club have confirmed it's in the Aviva.

https://twitter.com/OLSCRugby/status/1087034450121240581?s=19

Great to have it in a neutral venue. Very fair to Ulster. God, we’re so sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Wouldn’t matter where it was, Leinster will beat them pulling up.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,216 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

We gave them the RDS one year as well..... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Glasgow will fancy their chances against Saracens in alliance. The game this weekend was very close for 65 mins and could have gone either way. Sarries cleaned them out on poaches at the breakdown that's the first work on for Glasgow but quite looking forward to the tie again

Glasgow will fancy their chances against Saracens in alliance. The game this weekend was very close for 65 mins and could have gone either way. Sarries cleaned them out on poaches at the breakdown that's the first work on for Glasgow but quite looking forward to the tie again

Saracens won that pretty comfortably...and that was without Farrell.

I think Saracens will win with something to spare. It could be an entertaining game though

Munster playing away the weekend of Brexit could be interesting..!

Watched the game and always felt Saracens were in second gear even without Farrell. Now if Itoje got injured would give Glasgow a 20% chance but Saracens much too good to lose at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

bilston wrote: »
    Saracens won that pretty comfortably...and that was without Farrell.

I think Saracens will win with something to spare. It could be an entertaining game though

What's your thoughts on Ulster chances against Leinster?

• Advertisement

Well the Scots aren’t exactly brexiteers. Would be different if we were playing bath or harlequins where might be a Brexit bite to it!

Well the Scots aren’t exactly brexiteers. Would be different if we were playing bath or harlequins where might be a Brexit bite to it!

Unless they have declared independence by then, it's still the UK though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Wonder if they'll have that on the Friday to mitigate any potential travel issues that may arise out of the you know what hitting the fan?

Ditto with Connacht off to Manchester to play Sale

P_1 wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll have that on the Friday to mitigate any potential travel issues that may arise out of the you know what hitting the fan?

Ditto with Connacht off to Manchester to play Sale

I think Friday is the official date of it so was thinking matches might be the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I think Friday is the official date of it so was thinking matches might be the Saturday?

BT will want one game Friday, Two Saturday (3 and 5.30) and one on Sunday

BT will want one game Friday, Two Saturday (3 and 5.30) and one on Sunday

Would have thought double-headers Sat and Sun. Not sure beyond last season has Friday night qf happened often?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Would have thought double-headers Sat and Sun. Not sure beyond last season has Friday night qf happened often?
    Has happened a bit. check EPRC website to be sure?

Has happened a bit. check EPRC website to be sure?

Fixtures will be out Friday so couldn't be bothered tbh. Would think having 1 broadcaster would make it more likely that it will be 2 days. Don't see why they would fragment coverage but will find out end of week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Hard to see Saracens not being in the final at this stage. They can take Glasgow, Edinburgh and Munster, even if not by a whole lot.

Of the other side of the draw, I think Leinster or maybe Toulouse have the style of play to beat Saracens in a final, not that they'll necessarily get there. Ulster or Racing may win their QFs, and a resulting SF, but I can't see them winning a final against Sarries.

(And isn't that what it's all about, denying Sarries a European Cup win. /s in case that's required)

• Advertisement

Hard to see Saracens not being in the final at this stage. They can take Glasgow, Edinburgh and Munster, even if not by a whole lot.

Of the other side of the draw, I think Leinster or maybe Toulouse have the style of play to beat Saracens in a final, not that they'll necessarily get there. Ulster or Racing may win their QFs, and a resulting SF, but I can't see them winning a final against Sarries.

(And isn't that what it's all about, denying Sarries a European Cup win. /s in case that's required)

Saracens are not unbeatable and have a scrum that can be got at. They have been poor enough in the premiership this year and Exeter gave them a big trimming recently. I think Munster have a good chance of making the final.

Advertisement