Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

TheTalk wrote: »
    I'd say Harold, Maloney, Ryan, Penny and Murphy the probable second and front row for michaels. Any idea what the starting 15 is for michaels is? (Byrne and McCarthy are a given at halfback also)
    I'm pretty sure you named the 2nd rows and back rows there. Coulson will be one prop, but I can't remember the names of the hooker and the other Prop.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RuggerLad222

Belvedere College draw with CBC Cork 12-12, Terenure College Beat CBC Cork 6-3 before Christmas

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Belvedere College draw with CBC Cork 12-12, Terenure College Beat CBC Cork 6-3 before Christmas

Wouldn't really read much into it, Leinster schools always experiment in the pre-season games. Don't think it means Belvedere are anywhere near this years Nure team.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 breffnimartin1

Anyone know what CUS Seniors are like this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MacaqueBreeder

Newbridge are not to be written off lads, the team went away to a training facility in Poland over Christmas and are said to have bonded hugely and are reaping the benefits now. Won their last game against Warsaw Warriors 75 - 0.

The coaches have also brought in some very clever tactics, I won't reveal all but for example before every match the team sits down together and recreates the entire Titanic movie. Has really helped improved their fluidity, particularly in the backline from what I'm told.

They fluidly sink straight to the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Newbridge are not to be written off lads, the team went away to a training facility in Poland over Christmas and are said to have bonded hugely and are reaping the benefits now. Won their last game against Warsaw Warriors 75 - 0.

The coaches have also brought in some very clever tactics, I won't reveal all but for example before every match the team sits down together and recreates the entire Titanic movie. Has really helped improved their fluidity, particularly in the backline from what I'm told.

That'll be a three hour warm up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TheTalk

I think the draw of cup is really unfair on castleknock and gonzaga and really soft on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I think the draw of cup is really unfair on castleknock and gonzaga and really soft on others.

Well that's the beauty and the beast of a draw isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

It's only the first round and if they were the quality teams you seem to think they are it shouldn't matter who they get drawn against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

It's only the first round and if they were the quality teams you seem to think they are it shouldn't matter who they get drawn against.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

There are no easy games for any teams this year-Gonzaga reached the league final and Castleknock the semi's. The teams playing them will underestimate them at their peril.

Clongowes and Roscrea picked up comfortable wins today. As did Michaels beating PCP Cork 38-8 according to their site. All the big teams seem to be upping their games weeks before the cup.

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Clongowes and Roscrea picked up comfortable wins today. As did Michaels beating PCP Cork 38-8 according to their site. All the big teams seem to be upping their games weeks before the cup.

So 'Michaels thrash Pres Cork who beat Terenure only a week ago. Can't wait for the bookies odds-might back 'Michaels. They have such a strong squad. Terenure have not had a convincing win since November early December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Seems to me that this current Michael's squad have developed a lot better than Terenure since Junior Cup days a few years ago. There seems to be a better coaching regime at Michael's. Terenure are talented but they don't seem to have been developed to their full potential.

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »
    So 'Michaels thrash Pres Cork who beat Terenure only a week ago. Can't wait for the bookies odds-might back 'Michaels. They have such a strong squad. Terenure have not had a convicining win since November.
    I've been saying all along, this St. Michaels side has so much talent. The only reason they lost to Blackrock is largely down to the fact that they were missing over 7 players. Still wouldn't rule out Terenure, but I'll be surprised if St. Michaels aren't favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

So 'Michaels thrash Pres Cork who beat Terenure only a week ago. Can't wait for the bookies odds-might back 'Michaels. They have such a strong squad. Terenure have not had a convicining win since November.

Loving the mind games Quint! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dev5976

I've been saying all along, this St. Michaels side has so much talent. The only reason they lost to Blackrock is largely down to the fact that they were missing over 7 players. Still wouldn't rule out Terenure, but I'll be surprised if St. Michaels aren't favorites.

Bookies odds do not matter one little bit - as Roscrea so nearly showed last year. This is going to be a very interesting Cup, and i think the winners will be any one of Terenure, St Michaels and Blackrock, depending on who shows up come cup time. Should be some cracking matches ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I heard Blackrock beat Methody in Belfast 32-5 today

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

Who did they play?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

I still think it might be a year or two too soon for this crop of Michaels players.A friend of mine in the school tells me there is a huge number of fourth years in their squad.Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

funtime93 wrote: »
    I still think it might be a year or two too soon for this crop of Michaels players.A friend of mine in the school tells me there is a huge number of fourth years in their squad.Can anyone confirm this?

Well in fairness these Michael's players have all made it to a Junior final, some have an S medal in the sock drawer and the rest have seen the promised land reached last year so I'd say they are all more than ready for this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭rje66

Castleknock 22 - marys 5 .

rje66 wrote: »
    Castleknock 22 - marys 5 .

Good win for Castleknock although I suspect 'Michaels will hammer them.

Understrength Pres beat CUS 25-10 on Friday in a 3 25 minute side training game - a few clips here: http://www.youtube.com/user/breffnimartin

Pres lads report that CUS filthiest team they've played so far (and Pres are no shrinking violets) - match finished in a brawl but all smiles and handshakes afterwards - CUS will struggle to beat Andrews in the vinnie murray on that performance.

The constant yelling of instructions at the ref from the CUS coach didn't help their cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

St. Munchins 10 Terenure 16

fox_1973 wrote: »
    St. Munchins 10 Terenure 16

'Michaels Blackrock put 50 points on 'Munchins last week. What happened today?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

'Michaels put 50 points on 'Munchins last week. What happened today?
    Don't know, I wasn't at the game, was it the full team? If so well then it doesn't look good

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TheTalk

Michaels are a very good side with lots of strength and depth, no doubt about that. But they don't have anyone of the quality in the mould of brewer or dardis or even Fromm of clongowes. Great side but they have no special individuals that will make the leinster academy IMO. That's the difference between them and nure

Michaels are a very good side with lots of strength and depth, no doubt about that. But they don't have anyone of the quality in the mould of brewer or dardis or even Fromm of clongowes. Great side but they have no special individuals that will make the leinster academy IMO. That's the difference between them and nure
    Then what are likes of Byrne, Kelleher, Murphy, Moloney & Ryan considered ? I'm a huge fan of Fromm, he's a beast and has so much to offer, but this Clongowes team are useless. I have yet to find one reason why St. Michaels won't be winning the cup for a 2nd year in a row. Terenure rely far too heavily on Brewer, Dardis and O'Neill.

• Advertisement

Then what are likes of Byrne, Kelleher, Murphy, Moloney & Ryan considered ? I'm a huge fan of Fromm, he's a beast and has so much to offer, but this Clongowes team are useless. I have yet to find one reason why St. Michaels won't be winning the cup for a 2nd year in a row. Terenure rely far too heavily on Brewer, Dardis and O'Neill.

Well O'Neill hasn't played all season but agree that if Terenure were to lose Brewer or Dardis then they would be screwed. They seem to be still winning matches but not with the same fluency as earlier in the season whereas 'Michaels seem to be pulling things together and peaking just at the right time. Blackrock too.

Well O'Neill hasn't played all season but agree that if Terenure were to lose Brewer or Dardis then they would be screwed. They seem to be still winning matches but not with the same fluency as earlier in the season whereas 'Michaels seem to be pulling things together and peaking just at the right time. Blackrock too.
    Blackrock have been very lucky in the sense that they've barely suffered any bad injuries from what I've seen in the 4 games I've seen them play this year, likewise with Clongowes. St. Michaels haven't played near their full strength team yet{even though I understand that Kelleher won't be fit for the first round, according to a Clongowes coach I know personally who works in the Irish Schools set up}. We saw last year, that 3 or 4 outstanding individuals can't win you a cup, even if I thought we would hammer St. Michaels in the Final. How wrong I was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Player14

You're wrong there Quint. 'Michaels have only beaten Pres Cork over the Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Understrength Pres beat CUS 25-10 on Friday in a 3 25 minute side training game - a few clips here: http://www.youtube.com/user/breffnimartin

Pres lads report that CUS filthiest team they've played so far (and Pres are no shrinking violets) - match finished in a brawl but all smiles and handshakes afterwards - CUS will struggle to beat Andrews in the vinnie murray on that performance.

The constant yelling of instructions at the ref from the CUS coach didn't help their cause!

More great camera work Breffni. Brought me back in time to the mid 80s - first girlfriend's house featuring prominently behind the posts at the Putland Road end.

What is the feeling in the Pres camp regarding the Kilkenny game? Quiet confidence??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

It was Blackrock who put 50 up against Munchins last week. I don't think Michaels played them

Player14 wrote: »
    You're wrong there Quint. 'Michaels have only beaten Pres Cork over the Christmas

Sorry my apologies-it was Blackrock. Fixed it now.:)

Sorry my apologies-it was Blackrock. Fixed it now.:)

Were Blackrock at home and Nure away? That's the only reason I could think of that would lead to very different scores. I know personally that it's difficult to win in 'Munchins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Were Blackrock at home and Nure away? That's the only reason I could think of that would lead to very different scores. I know personally that it's difficult to win in 'Munchins.

Is it though? It's hardly the Stade Marcel-Michelin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Home advantage means nothing at schools level.Realistically there won't be a big crowd that can be the 16th man like at pro level so saying it is tough to win at a particular school is utter nonsense.

• Advertisement

Home advantage is always........................ an advantage.

Home advantage means nothing at schools level.Realistically there won't be a big crowd that can be the 16th man like at pro level so saying it is tough to win at a particular school is utter nonsense.

Well I know myself that it's not nonsense. Especially when teams get long bus journeys down there to play. There is definite effects due to travelling too a different county for a schoolboy match.

Well I know myself that it's not nonsense. Especially when teams get long bus journeys down there to play. There is definite effects due to travelling too a different county for a schoolboy match.

Well they won. Not convincingly-but they still won. Which is the sign of a good team I suppose.

Well they won. Not convincingly-but they still won. Which is the sign of a good team I suppose.

No doubt that both are good teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SpermDoner

Stay away from the Kenil Marys' mighty fortress

In rugby the best team wins I would say 90% of the time........ but, to say that you do not have an advantage by having the home fixture is just plain silly. In schoolboy rugby you will always have strong teams who win most games and dare I say it they will win by more at home than away. Playing at home is always better, for any team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Laird

Paddy Power latest cup odds.

Terenure 5/4, Rock 3/1, Michaels 5/1, Clongowes 7/1, Roscrea 10/1,

Marys 25/1, Belvo 25/1.

The rest 35/1 and upwards.

Laird wrote: »

Marys 25/1, Belvo 25/1.

where did you get those odds? The latest odds I can see has Terenure at 9/4, Blackrock at 4/1, 'Michaels at 6/1, Clongowes at 8/1, Roscrea at 11/1, Mary's and Belvedere at 26/1.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-union/leinster-senior-cup

If word on here is to believed 'Michaels look very good value..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SpermDoner

Marys 25/1, Belvo 25/1.

Clongowes at 7/1 is very generous, they would be in the 35/1 range for me

where did you get those odds? The latest odds I can see has Terenure at 9/4, Blackrock at 4/1, 'Michaels at 6/1, Clongowes at 8/1, Roscrea at 11/1, Mary's and Belvedere at 26/1.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-union/leinster-senior-cup

If word on here is to believed 'Michaels look very good value..

They are the latest odds quoted at 4pm today.
    There is no way one would get Terenure at 9/4,
    some bet if youcould get those odds.

They are the latest odds quoted at 4pm today.
    There is no way one would get Terenure at 9/4,
    some bet if youcould get those odds.
    ##Sorry meant to say qouted by Paddy Powera.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement