Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Anyone know if the version in three in dual sim unlocked or is it locked to three

I'd like to know aswell
    surely its unlocked
    Oneplus don't lock their phones do they?

Also how waterproof is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭This is it

Pretty sure I read that one SIM slot is locked and the other is open, I'm not sure which provider it referred to though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

I wonder will OnePlus be doing a 7T this time and if so what additional feature would it have? I'm guessing wireless charging and/or official IP67/IP68 waterproof status.

I'll likely be in the market for a new phone this side of Xmas. Will OnePlus have launched a new model (whether 7T or 8) by then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

54&56 wrote: »
    I wonder will OnePlus be doing a 7T this time and if so what additional feature would it have? I'm guessing wireless charging and/or official IP67/IP68 waterproof status.

I'll likely be in the market for a new phone this side of Xmas. Will OnePlus have launched a new model (whether 7T or 8) by then?
    7T a possibility tho they've launched two variants this time, so not sure of how they'll manage that in terms of stepping into the T increment.

OPO have avoided wireless charging and official waterproof status reasonably strongly thus far. I wouldnt be expecting their introduction generally and certainly not in a T variant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Def think there will be a 7 Pro T but no 7T, I've a feeling their plan is to only have a Pro version within the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Anybody here get the new OxygenOS 9.5.10 build?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Anybody here get the new OxygenOS 9.5.10 build?

Installing it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

Hey all looking for a 8gb 128gb pro.where would be best to buy this cheers all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

massy086 wrote: »
    Hey all looking for a 8gb 128gb pro.where would be best to buy this cheers all

The best place is always direct from OnePlus.

If you're in a hurry though, any 3 store should stock that model but you'll be limited to the one colour, grey (which is real nice IMO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

SickBoy wrote: »
    The best place is always direct from OnePlus.

If you're in a hurry though, any 3 store should stock that model but you'll be limited to the one colour, grey (which is real nice IMO)

3 store only have 6GB RAM models.

irishbuzz wrote: »
    3 store only have 6GB RAM models.

For the pro?

I thought they had both the 7 and 7 Pro but only with 128gb storage...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

SickBoy wrote: »
    For the pro?

I thought they had both the 7 and 7 Pro but only with 128gb storage...

To be clear, they have:
    AFAIK They don't have either model available in higher storage or RAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

Is there any difference between a flashed oneplus phone and one bought from their website for use in ireland? Does a factory reset put it back to it's original Chinese set up after it's been flashed? I never had a phone flashed so I know nothing about it but I'm considering getting a oneplus 7 pro at the moment to try them out and obviously pricing around also for the best offer which seems to be flashed ones.

Hi looking to buy the 7 pro 8gb 256gb model.Is there any downside to buying the Chinese model.as I can buy today in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

no downside, you can always flash the global firmware version and it'll be just like the rest.

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    no downside, you can always flash the global firmware version and it'll be just like the rest.
    I have read online that I won't have warranty from one plus in europe.has anyone come across this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah OnePlus won't deal with you unless the phone is bought from them directly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭MickH503

Has anyone tried sending video out over the USB-C connection? Would be interested to hear if USB-C to DisplayPort specifically works. Thanks.

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yeah OnePlus won't deal with you unless the phone is bought from them directly
    that's poor form.is it also legal???

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Did the OP 7 receive a camera firmware update or was this just the 7 Pro? If so, can anyone shine a light on what the issues were pre + post update if applicable to the OP7?

Thanks
    In the market for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭John mac

I got the update,(9.5.7) nothing standing out about it , but then im not counting milliseconds between before and after updates .. :)
    they improved stitching panos , auto focusing , pro mode quality ,

. its very fast to go from asleep to taking a photo, Less than 3 seconds .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

John mac wrote: »
    Just got my OnePlus 7 (non-pro) in the post today. Does anyone know of a good headphone jack and glass protector?

think glass protector is the same as 6T . must get one as the screen protector that came with it is all scratched.
    I've a three year old OP3T no screen protector ever on it and still perfect. I think if it has a good quality case and always hold it in a pocket on its own it won't get damaged. I just got the 7 pro yesterday and absolutely loving it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just got my OnePlus 7 (non-pro) in the post today. Does anyone know of a good headphone jack and glass protector?

think glass protector is the same as 6T . must get one as the screen protector that came with it is all scratched.
    I've a three year old OP3T no screen protector ever on it and still perfect. I think if it has a good quality case and always hold it in a pocket on its own it won't get damaged. I just got the 7 pro yesterday and absolutely loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

I got the update,(9.5.7) nothing standing out about it , but then im not counting milliseconds between before and after updates .. :)
    they improved stitching panos , auto focusing , pro mode quality ,

. its very fast to go from asleep to taking a photo, Less than 3 seconds .

So what I'm talking away from this is that there weren't "problems" with the camera prior to the update, it was just that they made some improvements to features that weren't exactly living up to peoples expectations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's a marked improvement in the camera alright, the foreground during auto shots has a lot more definition.
    Auto shots in general seem better.

Stupid question time.
    Is there a protective film over the main camera that should be removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

When I open the camera app it seems to freeze for a second before I can capture images. It is quite annoying tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Anyone know if the 7 pro in Three come unlocked. My own phone is shagged and I want to get one today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No 3.5mm jack? Dissapointing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know if the 7 pro in Three come unlocked. My own phone is shagged and I want to get one today or tomorrow.

Yea they have a few unlocked phones, xiaomi are unlocked as well I think.
    No 3 software on the one plus...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Just took off the back cover and noticed the back is all cracked no idea how it happened no major falls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

do 3 accept the trade in deals that are being offered on the oneplus site ?

RobAMerc wrote: »
    do 3 accept the trade in deals that are being offered on the oneplus site ?

3 does not accept trade in deals that's only exclusive with OnePlus website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The trade in prices are awful anyway

would be better to sell it privately

Oneplus 6 can still be sold for 350-400 and use that money to buy the Oneplus 7 pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

how long is delivery if I order from the site - today

RobAMerc wrote: »

about a week 5-7 working days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

RobAMerc wrote:

The OnePlus site? If so mine was delivered in 2 working days, so was my mate's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭John mac

i went for slow delivery, (free) still arrived within 3 days via DHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Anyone know if these guys give a vat receipt? Was gonna try to buy one through work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Parting way with my 12GB OP7 Pro, bought last month, although a great phone bit too large. Having said that I am tempted by the Note 10+ which is even bigger. I use microsd storage alot so Note ticks all the boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anyone know if these guys give a vat receipt? Was gonna try to buy one through work?

I didn't get one. I didn't ask for one. I just got a standard receipt detailing phone price and shipping. No VAT breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

dan786 wrote: »
    Parting way with my 12GB OP7 Pro, bought last month, although a great phone bit too large. Having said that I am tempted by the Note 10+ which is even bigger. I use microsd storage alot so Note ticks all the boxes.
    Where are you selling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Thinking of buying a one 7 from gearbest or EU global. Would I have to pay taxes on the one from gearbest?

On the EU Global website it says it's flashed. Would this matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

irish_man wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a one 7 from gearbest or EU global. Would I have to pay taxes on the one from gearbest?

On the EU Global website it says it's flashed. Would this matter?

You have to pay taxes. If you purchase it outside EU, it will get stopepd by customs. If you purchase it from a eueopean company or direct, VAT is included.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Decided to get the OP7 Pro today. Nearly went for the S10+ instead but thankfully they had the Pro in stock. Really looking forward to getting it set up!

Yakult wrote: »
    Decided to get the OP7 Pro today. Nearly went for the S10+ instead but thankfully they had the Pro in stock. Really looking forward to getting it set up!
    Going to follow suit - but have to sell on my iPhone XS first.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Where did you order from if you don’t mind me asking?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Rojo wrote: »
    Where did you order from if you don’t mind me asking?

I picked it up in a Three store!

I picked it up in a Three store!

How do you find it in the hand (size wise )?

• Advertisement
Advertisement