Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Nolimits wrote:
    Just recieved mine (12gb version) . Haven't done anything yet but put it on charge
    I thought I had a lot of RAM on my 6T with 10GB!

Anyway, no point on putting it on charge, you may as well start using it immediately. Phones don't need to be charged prior to first use anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

really jealous of those getting this today! broke AF but hoping to move on from my s8 to my first OP phone soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

tedpan wrote: »
    I thought I had a lot of RAM on my 6T with 10GB!

Anyway, no point on putting it on charge, you may as well start using it immediately. Phones don't need to be charged prior to first use anymore.

I wasn't ready to start using it, I was a little busy at the time, that's the only reason I charged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Think it looks better clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^
    That's pretty cool :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

marcbrophy wrote:
    ^^^ That's pretty cool

Yep, Jerry does that to all the flagships

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Have mine on order to replace my mate 20 Pro.

Went for the one plus 7 Pro 256gb 8gb version as do I really need 12gb of ram on a phone?.

Anyone seen any good cases with a built in screen protector?.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Went for the one plus 7 Pro 256gb 8gb version as do I really need 12gb of ram on a phone?.

No you do not it's more RAM than I have in my computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

It would be hard to pass up if the option is there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Went for the 12gb version myself off amazon.de, won't have it for a few weeks. I doubt I'll ever need the extra 4gb of RAM but I'm sure whatever relative gets the phone as a hand me down in 2 years will be glad of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Went for the 12gb version myself off amazon.de, won't have it for a few weeks. I doubt I'll ever need the extra 4gb of RAM but I'm sure whatever relative gets the phone as a hand me down in 2 years will be glad of it.

Why not get it direct from OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Pacifico wrote: »

Vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's a business purchase and OnePlus won't do vat receipts (to be honest their vat practices sounds a bit dodgy, how can a phone be €820 in every European country when vat varies so much between them). With Amazon they'll sell to you ex vat once you register your vat number with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Definitely gonna get one now it looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone with the phone: How is it for size? A lot of the reviews say it's pretty tall and heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

How long does it take to arrive to Ireland from the day you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Could anyone with a bit more knowledge than me, tell me how this redmi(pro version) fares against the OnePlus 7 pro.
    Cons or pros if any?
    https://telecomtalk.info/xiaomi-redmi-k20-official/197785/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anybody know if this https://www.fasttech.com/ is a reputable site? They have 20% off site wide and that includes the One Plus 7 Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

gazzer wrote: »
    Anybody know if this https://www.fasttech.com/ is a reputable site? They have 20% off site wide and that includes the One Plus 7 Pro

Never heard of them. But seems similar to Eglobal/Toby Deals both of which I have used.

However they guarantee no customs / refund if there are. While this says you are responsible and they will mark the item at low value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

gazzer wrote: »

I can't see how any site like that can have a genuine 20% off sale across the board given the amount of competition online.

Having said that if you can pay with eBay and you end up getting ripped off you should be able to get your money back...........I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Regular OP7 goes on sale at 10 this morning. Don't forget the referral thread if you're buying: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057978665

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭niall5098

if anyone is looking to buy here is a tenner off referral, thanks in advance:

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#UUuURXrt4bvMpmhPEGGt4k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Regular OP7 goes on sale at 10 this morning. Don't forget the referral thread if you're buying: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057978665
    Thanks for that ... I didn't think it was going on sale until next week!
    I've picked one up using a boardsie's referral link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Is there any issues with buying off the US site, getting it ordered to the US and picking it up over there to bring back to use here ? The 8G 256 is only 699$ so ~620 which is a big saving from 749e

The only diff seems to be TDS here missing on the US model.....Is there another issue I need to be aware of ??

Bands
    FDD LTE: B1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,18,19,20,25,26,28,29,32,66
    TDD-LTE: B34,38,39,40,41
    TDS: B34,39
    UMTS: B1,2,4,5,8,9,19
    CDMA: BC0,BC1
    GSM: B2,3,5,8

wardie101 wrote: »
    Is there another issue I need to be aware of ??

Yeah vat

blade1 wrote: »
    Yeah vat

I was thinking that but I have added in US address and gone all the way thru to payment without any VAT being applied ???

wardie101 wrote: »
    I was thinking that but I have added in US address and gone all the way thru to payment without any VAT being applied ???
    Vat is collected by delivery company when they deliver it to you.
    There is a chance that it might get by without customs checking it but to be honest when you're talking €150ish they'll probably be only too delighted to hit you for it.

It's a gamble that may or may not pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

blade1 wrote: »
    Vat is collected by delivery company when they deliver it to you.
    There is a chance that it might get by without customs checking it but to be honest when you're talking €150ish they'll probably be only too delighted to hit you for it.

It's a gamble that may or may not pay off.

He's ordering it to a US address not an Irish one. The One Plus website should be adding state taxes for the delivery address.

I missed the bit where u said u were picking it up personally.
    Sorry 'bout that!

• Advertisement

So if thats the final price its a decent saving ??

Is there anything in the bands or in the phone I need to worry about ?

Advertisement