Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-10-2019, 17:07   #3061
seligehgit

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86 View Post
Will Corofin ever be feckin beat!!
When's the replay?
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 19:01   #3062
threeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctors room ghost View Post
the stars were robbed
How were they robbed. Threw it away from what I saw. All they had to do was run down the clock
20-10-2019, 19:02   #3063
threeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by seligehgit View Post
When's the replay?
2 weeks. Hurling semis next week
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 19:09   #3064
RMAOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeball View Post
2 weeks. Hurling semis next week
Was daithi Burke playing for corofin today? If he was he'll have 3 weeks (at least) in a row with turloughmore and corofin over the next few weeks. Not counting the matches already played.
20-10-2019, 19:12   #3065
threeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAOK View Post
Was daithi Burke playing for corofin today? If he was he'll have 3 weeks (at least) in a row with turloughmore and corofin over the next few weeks. Not counting the matches already played.
Came on with 5 to go. Won't play again unless Turlough get beat. No Fitzy either. Two huge losses. Corofin gone back alot but showed glimpses of what they can do.
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 23:59   #3066
GalwayLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeball View Post
How were they robbed. Threw it away from what I saw. All they had to do was run down the clock
Agree with that, don't think they were robbed. Tried to play it cute and run down the clock by lying down "injured" but it didn't work for them. Brings back memories of last year, Corofin 2 down against Mountbellew Moylough and came back to draw, same again today with Gary Sice the hero. He's been some servant to his club. Great game for the neutral, you'd think Tuam have missed their chance, Corofin looked lethargic and a bit complacent to be honest, don't think they expected the strength of that challenge from Tuam, I'll be honest, I thought Corofin would walk it by about 7 or 8 points. Tuam were the hungrier team today and played well. Corofin were off target with so many shots that they'd never miss you'd have to think that will be rectified the next day. I still think they'll win the replay but you never know, either way it's great to see a bit of competition in the county.
Thanks from:
21-10-2019, 09:10   #3067
Pogue eile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamNNspace View Post
I'm a bit surprised tg4 aren't showing the country final live what with corofin being all - Ireland champions the last 2 years and going for 3 in a row... Would the county board have any say at all in whether such matches are televised live I wonder?
Yes, County Boards have the ultimate say. I know our own County Board (Tipp) under its previous chairmanship was totally against it on the basis that it would affect the attendance. The new board seem a bit more forward thinking thankfully.
Thanks from:
21-10-2019, 10:09   #3068
Frozen Veg

Intermediate hurling championship has turned out to be a cracker with Kilconiron and Kinvara into the final.

Moycullen and Eyrecourt were hotly tipped to win it. Kinvara after a slow start to the championship have knocked out both and seem to be hitting form at the right time.

Kilconiron beat Turloughmore's second team to reach the final.

In relegation, Kiltormer and Kilbeacanty must battle it out to retain Intermediate status with one being relegated to Junior for 2020. Massive game for both teams.

Kilbeacanty have been in relegation for the last few years. County chairman Pat Kearney's home club. Kilbeacanty did not have to play the relegation play off last season as the County board decided not to play the game.
21-10-2019, 11:25   #3069
threeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalwayLurker View Post
Agree with that, don't think they were robbed. Tried to play it cute and run down the clock by lying down "injured" but it didn't work for them. Brings back memories of last year, Corofin 2 down against Mountbellew Moylough and came back to draw, same again today with Gary Sice the hero. He's been some servant to his club. Great game for the neutral, you'd think Tuam have missed their chance, Corofin looked lethargic and a bit complacent to be honest, don't think they expected the strength of that challenge from Tuam, I'll be honest, I thought Corofin would walk it by about 7 or 8 points. Tuam were the hungrier team today and played well. Corofin were off target with so many shots that they'd never miss you'd have to think that will be rectified the next day. I still think they'll win the replay but you never know, either way it's great to see a bit of competition in the county.
Heard loads from Tuam complaining that the ref called for 3 mins extra time and played 4 and a half. Completely ignored that fact one of the Tuam players lay on the ground for close to two mins with absolutely nothing wrong with him. When they were two points up they had the chance to play it around their own 45 with no Corofin players in the Tuam half but instead went on the attack and got turned over. Corofin scored then pressed high to push them back. They cleared the lines but a very brave catch by Farragher from a long ball forward over his shoulder kept possession for Corofin and Tuam immediately fouled the man picking up the break after Farragher got creamed. Sice was never going to miss from there.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-10-2019, 11:32   #3070
jr86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Veg View Post
Kilbeacanty have been in relegation for the last few years. County chairman Pat Kearney's home club. Kilbeacanty did not have to play the relegation play off last season as the County board decided not to play the game.
In fairness it was Spideal that played havoc with the relegation last year, by basically all their players being involved with the footballers in their Connacht/All Ireland campaign

There were 13 intermediate teams last year and, as a result, two lopsided groups. It actually made sense to even it up a bit more
21-10-2019, 12:27   #3071
DVDM93

Quote:
When's the replay?
Sunday the 3rd of November at 2PM in Tuam Stadium.
Thanks from:
21-10-2019, 22:35   #3072
seligehgit

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDM93 View Post
Sunday the 3rd of November at 2PM in Tuam Stadium.
Hopefully TG4 will do the needful and televise it.

Ballintubber are out the same day against Glencar Manorhamilton.
22-10-2019, 17:59   #3073
DVDM93

Galway Bay Fm Sport is led to believe that there may have been no nominations received for the position of Galway Senior Hurling Team manager, although this has still to be confirmed.

Nominations from the Clubs for the position closed at 12.00 noon yesterday, Monday.

This would be another major twist in the saga to replace Micheal Donoghue who stepped down as Galway manager on August 20th last.
22-10-2019, 19:07   #3074
RMAOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDM93 View Post
Galway Bay Fm Sport is led to believe that there may have been no nominations received for the position of Galway Senior Hurling Team manager, although this has still to be confirmed.

Nominations from the Clubs for the position closed at 12.00 noon yesterday, Monday.

This would be another major twist in the saga to replace Micheal Donoghue who stepped down as Galway manager on August 20th last.
If that's the case, that no one was nominated, it's become an absolute farce altogether. You couldn't make it up.
22-10-2019, 19:25   #3075
TCDStudent1

Quote:
Hopefully TG4 will do the needful and televise it.

Ballintubber are out the same day against Glencar Manorhamilton.

I think the long odds for Tuam causing an upset was probably the reason for the drawn match to be televised.

I have been impressed with Tuam this year. However, Corofin always seem to get better at this time of year. A poster above said that they have regressed big time. People said exactly the same thing this time last year. A lot of things didn't go their way v Tuam. If they scored the penalty, they probably would have won by a few. And I think they will win the replay by a 5 or 6.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion