Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Some people will never be happy unless the German police write to them too and explain in detail every bit of evidence they have acquired, and even then they will pick it apart and discard it as rubbish.
    Don’t the German police realise these people have spent a large chunk of their lives on Internet forums fighting the good fight? They cannot be wrong! They need answers!

The arrogance knows no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Accident happened, parents hid body
    It will all come out once he is charged anyway. The trial or guilty plea will be worldwide news and the papers will get their hands on the evidence.

It's photo/video, it's the only logical explanation.

Best not to judge all police forces by Portuguese standards.

Or by their own standards. Same people who have posted baseless waffle all over the internet for years now, resorting to accusing her parents of killing their daughter and dumping her body without a shred of proof are suddenly all “show us the proof”, “there is no proof until i see the proof”..
    Ironic.

Unlike many here, I’m sure the German Police do have the evidence they say they have, and after 13 years I would rather this be done the right way and it get to trial. Most of us who care about getting justice for Madeleine don’t need them to “spill the beans” if it means jeopardising that.

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

It's very strange that they've gone public with this. Telling the media first. Why haven't they charged the peado? Somethings not adding up. Hopefully, they actually have some evidence.

Just seen that the McCanns say they haven't received a letter. Is there any evidence at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Pig talk in the pub

Pig farming rapists.

Proof but no proof.

Letters sent but not sent.

Wtf is going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Didn’t the papers report that the letter was being sent yesterday? So the fact that the McCanns haven’t received it yet would make sense?
    International post is delayed because of covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Didn’t the papers report that the letter was being sent yesterday? So the fact that the McCanns haven’t received it yet would make sense?
    International post is delayed because of covid-19.

This might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,803 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

doughef wrote: »

I was recently told that a piece of mail i am expecting From Oz will likely take a month, when normally it would be a week. You need a mirror.

No not really, the press are now reporting that the German prosecutor, Hans Christian Wolter only sent the letter in the last day or 2 which would explain why the McCanns haven’t received it yet. So that explains why when asked this morning, Kate & Gerry said there was no letter.

‘McCanns haven’t received letter from German prosecutor as of yet’ doesn’t pack as much of punch in the headlines, though. And it wouldn’t be unlike the media to dramatise things to stir up interest.
    Stupid indeed :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

limnam wrote: »
    Pig talk in the pub

Pig farming rapists.

Proof but no proof.

Letters sent but not sent.

Wtf is going on here.

They also gave his Skype chat history.

It goes without saying that the German prosecutor announcing the letter was sent was a dick move.
    He should have sent it, waited for them to receive it and given them some time to process the information before announcing it to the press.
    Now the poor McCanns are going to be hounded by the media every day asking if they’ve received the letter yet and for comment on it.
    I can see why they’re furious. It was very unprofessional of him to announce he’d sent a letter stating the child was dead before they had even received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

cnocbui wrote: »
    I was recently told that a piece of mail i am expecting From Oz will likely take a month, when normally it would be a week. You need a mirror.

So, they wait on the postman to deliver them a letter to tell them what happened ?

Maybe the term ‘letter’ won’t be taken literally ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,803 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

So, they wait on the postman to deliver them a letter to tell them what happened ?

Maybe the term ‘letter’ won’t be taken literally ??

The Gardai always communicate with me via physical letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Red tops now saying the Germans are insisting the letter is en route. Extremely unprofessional behaviour on the side of the German prosecutor.

It’s on its way apparently. Very irresponsible of them to state they’ve sent a letter before the McCann’s have received it. It could risk it being intercepted or anything.

It’s on its way apparently. Very irresponsible of them to state they’ve sent a letter before the McCann’s have received it. It could risk it being intercepted or anything.

And afforded no respect whatsoever to the McCanns

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't know the ins and outs but I would have thought that Interpol would be involved here somehow, and that the British and Portuguese police would be informed. Maybe they were.

Given the sensitivity of the case I also would have thought that the German police would have asked British Police to inform the parents of the German Police knowledge of the case, and would have sent the letter to them, to transmit to the family. But there may be legal constraints that I am not aware of.

I hope there is closure (what an awful word) for the family soon. I'm hoping there is.

Still doesn't absolve the parents of neglect though, but that's a given in my view anyway, and I have little sympathy with them on that score. One night you could forgive but every night is just not on. Hopefully this will end the speculation soon.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I don't know the ins and outs but I would have thought that Interpol would be involved here somehow, and that the British and Portuguese police would be informed. Maybe they were.

Given the sensitivity of the case I also would have thought that the German police would have asked British Police to inform the parents of the German Police knowledge of the case, and would have sent the letter to them, to transmit to the family. But there may be legal constraints that I am not aware of.

I hope there is closure (what an awful word) for the family soon. I'm hoping there is.

Still doesn't absolve the parents of neglect though, but that's a given in my view anyway, and I have little sympathy with them on that score. One night you could forgive but every night is just not on. Hopefully this will end the speculation soon.

You have no sympathy with them on that score?

Really?

They are guilty of leaving their kids in an unlocked apt while they wined and dined with friends. A very stupid and irresponsible thing to do. Something most of us would never do.

Their punishment was to have their daughter taken from them, never to be seen again.. yet you have no sympathy for them?

Seems a bit harsh.

• Advertisement

It's photo/video, it's the only logical explanation.

It was reported the other week that he also contributed to an online discussion of some description- and also, that he was in possession of information he could not possibly be aware of unless had some involvement with her disappearance - so it could be something he wrote - not necessarily a photo or video

Rock77 wrote: »

Really?

They are guilty of leaving their kids in an unlocked apt while they wined and dined with friends. A very stupid and irresponsible thing to do. Something most of us would never do.

Their punishment was to have their daughter taken from them, never to be seen again.. yet you have no sympathy for them?

Seems a bit harsh.

It is reality I'm afraid, but the coven will descend on me if I say any more.

Any comment on the liaising of the police forces?

It is reality I'm afraid, but the coven will descend on me if I say any more.

Any comment on the liaising of the police forces?

There's no coven. No conspiracy here. Everyone is an individual and some people posting, while they agree with your point on negligent behaviour, can still find some compassion. That's the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Coven, lol. That's an interesting word.

People used to form mobs and burn 'witches' for crimes they didn't commit didn't they?

Coven, lol. That's an interesting word.

People used to form mobs and burn witches for crimes they didn't commit didn't they?

Funny how it's aimed at females too.

Rock77 wrote: »

Really?

Seems a bit harsh.

You obviously aren’t familiar with the posts of Spanish Eyes. That little titbit about negligence has to punctuate every post you see.
    They almost went a whole post there without mentioning it but alas it is like a compulsion and try as they might to squeeze out any empathy, the blame must always lay with the family in the end, you know, lest we forget who they think is responsible, all while stating their impartiality.
    But it was almost convincing so I guess that is progress.

As I said they do descend! I could be a female, I could be male, I could identify as either, see how people make assumptions? I'm guessing that those who responded to the Coven reference are not male, but I don't know. It was only a figure of speech, no need to get so antsy.

I am sorry the McCanns lost their daughter, I am not sorry for them because of their neglect though. I doubt anything will change my mind on that one really.

Anyone else losing confidence in the investigators from Germany? They've made a mess of the release of info. No arrest made. They've got nothing on the peado, have they? Looks like a false dawn.

callmehal wrote: »
    Anyone else losing confidence in the investigators from Germany? They've made a mess of the release of info. No arrest made. They've got nothing on the peado, have they? Looks like a false dawn.

I think they may be trying to flush people out, clunkily maybe.

Madeleine's family read the newspapers and know exactly as much as we do right now as to what the German Police have posited. Lack of communication amongst the Triumvirate investigating this, Portuguese, British, and now German is puzzling to me.

• Advertisement

I think they may be trying to flush people out, clunkily maybe.

Madeleine's family read the newspapers and know exactly as much as we do right now as to what the German Police have posited. Lack of communication amongst the Triumvirate investigating this, Portuguese, British, and now German is puzzling to me.

I don't get it. If they have something, charge the peado. What are they waiting for? Why are they making messy public statements? I don't see how this would flush anyone out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement