Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

thank god for the arcadia line up - waaaay too much snooze-house james blake wannabes on the bill as it was. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    thank god for the arcadia line up - waaaay too much snooze-house james blake wannabes on the bill as it was. happy days.

Who are you referring to there? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

What time does arcadia normally kick off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

MattD wrote: »
    Lineup: LINE-UP: EROL ALKAN // JOSH WINK // OR.LA // HAMMER // NITE FLEIT // ARCADIA SOUNDSYSTEM + SPECIAL GUEST

Plus an Arcadia Pub and a Tesla Cage/Coil style electricity fixture too. Looks fairly hardcore!

The Lords of Lightning show is worth a gander, it’s pretty spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hope80 wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110669229&postcount=2059

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

hope80 wrote: »

Last year it was midnight to 3.30am.

D.Q wrote: »
    Who are you referring to there? :pac:

what back up my statement with examples!? No Way, you're crazy!

Just finding a lot of the music a bit too laid back..not all of it...some of it and I'm including bands and electronic acts in my 'snooze-house' category :0

So many wishy washy vocals set to slow beats... too many!

There is a decent mix but and I've loads I want to see but I'm glad to see someone like Josh Wink added to the bill... a few more acts like him would seal the deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jesus. That looks mental. The DJ stuff is not for me but it's some spectacle. Now if they could soundtrack the whole thing with some Idles or what have you.....

Just finding a lot of the music a bit too laid back..not all of it...some of it and I'm including bands and electronic acts in my 'snooze-house' category :0

There is a decent mix but and I've loads I want to see but I'm glad to see someone like Josh Wink added to the bill... a few more acts like him would seal the deal for me.

What about these: Leftfield DJ set, George Fitzgerald, Kiasmos, Ben UFO and Jon Hopkins. Do you think they are all doing unplugged sets or something, lots of lovely glitchy crunchy techno in that lot there.

What about these: Leftfield DJ set, George Fitzgerald, Kiasmos, Ben UFO and Jon Hopkins. Do you think they are all doing unplugged sets or something, lots of lovely glitchy crunchy techno in that lot there.

Ha unplugged sets, now that would be a something :eek:

Fair point, Leftfield and Ben UFO will bring the noise. I think Hopkins and Fitzgerald are massively overrated, but there's loads on sure.

I suspect erol alkan and wink might play twice what happened last year with arcadia acts.

I'd like someone like Jeff Mills on the bill or some local talent like Sunil Sharpe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

George Fitzgerald and Kiasmos are about as far from "crunchy techno" as you can get.
    Leftfield Djing have been pretty bog standard house any time i've seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Any of the dance acts likely to do an old skool 90s set? Josh Wink might but not familiar with what kind of stuff he plays these days

George Fitzgerald and Kiasmos are about as far from "crunchy techno" as you can get.
    Leftfield Djing have been pretty bog standard house any time i've seen them.

it's called snooze-house ;P although I've heard Leftfield or what's left of leftfield lash it out when doing a dj set..

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I also feel this way, more bass is always good for me.

Many of the acts on the bill are not something I'd put on for myself, but it is a festival after all, no better way to discover and enjoy acts you previously weren't massively into!

Would echo the thoughts on Ben UFO- should be fairly banging, and same with Nite Fleit. Something for everyone to enjoy no doubt!

NOW what will the weather be like? A repeat of last years sunshine would be unreal!

I also feel this way, more bass is always good for me.

Many of the acts on the bill are not something I'd put on for myself, but it is a festival after all, no better way to discover and enjoy acts you previously weren't massively into!

Would echo the thoughts on Ben UFO- should be fairly banging, and same with Nite Fleit. Something for everyone to enjoy no doubt!

NOW what will the weather be like? A repeat of last years sunshine would be unreal!

Well hopefully the One Love stage comes up with a lineup as well, although the lineup wasn't advertised last year, but with the likes of Sim Simma and Rub-A-Dub soundsystems running nights there should be some nice roots reggae, world music, drum n bass and jungle in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Well hopefully the One Love stage comes up with a lineup as well, although the lineup wasn't advertised last year, but with the likes of Sim Simma and Rub-A-Dub soundsystems running nights there should be some nice roots reggae, world music, drum n bass and jungle in the mix.

good call, I forgot about the One Love stage. Kept drifting there last year in search of bass. Actually stood outside the little chapel thing as well because they were pumping jungle :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I am really liking the sounds of an Arcadia pub. The Lords of Lightning thing sounds mental as well. Good announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Ya this is true. Mentioned it here a while back but the One Love area was my happy place last year :cool:

I am really liking the sounds of an Arcadia pub. The Lords of Lightning thing sounds mental as well. Good announcement!

The good old days of Arcadia at the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Jesus. That looks mental. The DJ stuff is not for me but it's some spectacle. Now if they could soundtrack the whole thing with some Idles or what have you.....

I saw Mogwai play at Arcadia in Glastonbury a few years ago. Blew my tiny little mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I saw Mogwai play at Arcadia in Glastonbury a few years ago. Blew my tiny little mind.

Well now that's a shame. They were the highlight for me in Curraghmore last year. Pity they couldn't have reprised their Arcadia link up.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

How much drink is everyone in general camping chancing? Would ye push 2 slabs? Tesco have slabs of heinken, bulmers and Coors for 30 bob for any fellow commoners like myself!

dodo87 wrote: »
    How much drink is everyone in general camping chancing? Would ye push 2 slabs? Tesco have slabs of heinken, bulmers and Coors for 30 bob for any fellow commoners like myself!

One slab and a bottle of spirits. I think only once have I ever finished a slab at a festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I never bring more than 10 cans. Too much of a hassle to carry a slab and I never drink more than that anyways. Spirits and buckfast are the way forward to get a buzz on, while using cans for earlier sipping times of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gonna be bringing mainly 330ml crafty cans from White Hag, Brewdog, Rascals etc.

So probably will bring about 24 so or in as 8 or so 330ml cans is the sweet spot carrying in a backpack IMO.

Maybe some spirits after that.

I can't seem to see it on the ATN facebook page, but they confirmed that there will be an AVA stage at the festival this year. I'm presuming it is just AVA taking control over the Road to Nowhere stage like they did last year? Would be cool if it was a brand new area though. Acts confirmed for it are Moodymann, Ben UFO, Jayda G, Brame & Hamo, Park Hye Jin, Cait, Carlton Doom and Magnier.

I would guess the only musical acts left to be announced now pretty much are maybe the Irish DJs for the One Love/All My Friends stages and the Hotpress Acoustic stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

Should I have received my camper ticket by now or they been sent out the week before like e.p...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Mick Flannery has announced he is playing the Saturday.

No mention of him on the ATN site that I can see.

Enjoying his new album.

Advertisement