Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Really like the Tim Pool guy never seen him before.

He did a great job pointing out their biases.

Tweet "Learn to Code" get an instant suspension, tweet you want to kill the Covington kids "well you have to look at the context".

Why didn't you ban Katy Griffin "well she didn't technically dox the kids buy ya we probably should of banned her"

The lady makes my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Finding it really hard to care about this twitter tiff. It was all covered by Dorsey already. Twitter is huge. Of course it's content moderation isn't going to be perfect. Tim Pool is being narrow minded and pedantic.

All of these American companies have a liberal viewpoint which makes them unsuitable to moderate anything objectively. A number of cases were cited to them demonstrating where conservative voices said something for which they were banned, and then a person with a liberal viewpoint said something worse and they were not banned. The Twitter people kept hiding behind the ambiguity that they were afforded by the phrase "pattern of behaviour".

If anybody on the conservative side had said what Kathy Griffin said they would have been banned. But the benefit of the doubt is always given to people who have a similar ideological viewpoint to Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They are corporate entities though, not anything goes bastions of free speech. If they don't ban someone whose views align with theirs and ban someone who they don't agree with isn't that just kinda the rules of the game? People get very befuddled over that, surely, I'm not the only one who doesn't find it the least bit surprising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

All of these American companies have a liberal viewpoint which makes them unsuitable to moderate anything objectively. A number of cases were cited to them demonstrating where conservative voices said something for which they were banned, and then a person with a liberal viewpoint said something worse and they were not banned. The Twitter people kept hiding behind the ambiguity that they were afforded by the phrase "pattern of behaviour".

If anybody on the conservative side had said what Kathy Griffin said they would have been banned. But the benefit of the doubt is always given to people who have a similar ideological viewpoint to Twitter.

You're forgetting that a lot of Twitters action is based off of people reporting Tweets. You have a big Left\Right characteristics at play. The Left are outraged at everything and will report tweets. The Right are generally not as quick to temper or indeed that fussed if someone on the left says something ban worthy and as a result dont tend to report as many Tweets.
    Its impossible for Twitter to monitor every single account so sweeping generalizations about intent of certain phrases will be common.

I'm definitely right leaning in my viewpoints but I honestly dont have a problem with what Twitter are doing. If someone is taking directions on how to act from Kathy Griffin then I think there's no hope for you regardless of how Twitter acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Arghus wrote: »
    They are corporate entities though, not anything goes bastions of free speech. If they don't ban someone whose views align with theirs and ban someone who they don't agree with isn't that just kinda the rules of the game? People get very befuddled over that, surely, I'm not the only one who doesn't find it the least bit surprising?

That's what I always felt too. Often people complain about Twitter like its some public service. Go make/use another platform if it's so awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

ardinn wrote: »
    i think I heard he is getting around $75.000 per episode - so make of that what you will regards the above

The reason I came in here is to get you all to listen to 1250 Johann hari.

IT IS SENSATIONAL

Almost brought me to tears on a few occasions but it is an utterly fantastic spitfire of truth about the ridiculous policy regarding the war on drugs and the human impact in places like mexico and beyond.

Johann explains it so well in plain english and outlines with proven results legalization has had in other countries.

I cannot recommend a better listen for 3hrs of your life than the below

Wow!!
    One of the best JRE podcasts ever!

Wow!!
    One of the best JRE podcasts ever!

Literally just finished his audiobook "Lost Connections" last night. Its very good

Literally just finished his audiobook "Lost Connections" last night. Its very good

Was just on amazon looking at it, looks very good, I might get it.

Was just on amazon looking at it, looks very good, I might get it.

I went for Lost Connections as its narrated by Johann himself. I quite liked his voice in the podcast. Also having had sporadic issues with mental health over the years and dabbled with SSRI's, a lot of it resonated with me. I'm gonna listen to Chasing the Scream now (which I recall the podcast was more focused on e.g. failure of war on drugs). Chasing the Scream seem to be more highly rated and revered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I see the Alex Jones/rogan thing they recorded is gone off YouTube and the channel banned. The one they made a few days ago. Typical.

They’ll be coming for Joe next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I see the Alex Jones/rogan thing they recorded is gone off YouTube and the channel banned. The one they made a few days ago. Typical.

What channel?

ardinn wrote: »
    What channel?

Some secondary channel related to Alex Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This American Life did a podcast about Alex Jones last week (Beware The Jabberwock) that gives a good background on him. Never realized just how damaging the Sandy Hook theories have been to parents of the kids. They spoke to one of the families who have had to move addresses 8 times.

Joe isn't a complete ****ing dickhead inciting violence against parents of dead children so I reckon he'll be okay

If you havent watched any of this PLEASE just skip to exactly 2 hours in and watch for 5 minutes, its possibly the funniest 5 minutes of this show ever! Joe goes for a piss and comes back to this...

"Cats at the edge of the ice wall on flath earth pushing things off" almost made me sick laughing!

****ing awesome!!!
    He's a lunatic but so entertaining, I would love to go for a few pints with Alex and Eddie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

****ing awesome!!!
    He's a lunatic but so entertaining, I would love to go for a few pints with Alex and Eddie!!

Only in America can someone like Alex be famous and not locked up somewhere,

The Interdimensional bullsh*t he goes on with , like WTF are you on about ,

How is he taken seriously at all is beyond me , he is like an much worse version of JAY from inbetweeners everything he says he makes up .

Actually listening on from that (it was funny) but jesus when he goes on about the interdimensional aliens, and that consciousness is like some giant comet going through the universe - fuxake .. too much.

Joe Rogan should be careful, he has had on really good guests, Neill DeGrasse Tyson, Brian Cox, Sam Harris, Roger Penrose, Jonathan Haidt .... etc.

These guys won't wanna be associated with this nonsense and might not come back, which will be a shame.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Only in America can someone like Alex be famous and not locked up somewhere,

The Interdimensional bullsh*t he goes on with , like WTF are you on about ,

How is he taken seriously at all is beyond me , he is like an much worse version of JAY from inbetweeners everything he says he makes up .

There's quite a few in Europe too, David Icke, Gemma O'Doherty (here in Ireland) and there's quite a few Skandy ones too. But they've a tendency to orbit the Political fringes rather than full on Entertainment.

When I saw that podcast pop up I was in work and read it as lasting 4minutes so I thought it was just a brief reach out from Rogan. 4 hours later I was still laughing my head off.

• Advertisement

Actually listening on from that (it was funny) but jesus when he goes on about the interdimensional aliens, and that consciousness is like some giant comet going through the universe - fuxake .. too much.

Joe Rogan should be careful, he has had on really good guests, Neill DeGrasse Tyson, Brian Cox, Sam Harris, Roger Penrose, Jonathan Haidt .... etc.

These guys won't wanna be associated with this nonsense and might not come back, which will be a shame.

Jre is probably the worlds leading podcast and is well known for his variety of guests - anyone in the world who goes on is nearly guaranteed a financial windfall re booksales, youtube hits and the general publicity it brings.

Also Joe couldnt give a fuk if anyone didnt want to do his podcast, he has the best of the best begging him to get on! for the above reasons!

giphy.gif

Best Gif ever

Joe Rogan, having made up with Alex Jones, was on his Infowars the other night. And it turns out that Owen Benjamin, who had been bashing Joe Rogan (he refers to as Toe Rogan because he is small and bald), has had a row with Alex over his Jew bashing when he was presenting on Alex's show. It's like the WWE at this stage, I can't even remember who is heel and who is babyface.

giphy.gif

If Alex had had a heart attack, Eddie Bravo would have been done for manslaughter.

If Alex had had a heart attack, Eddie Bravo would have been done for manslaughter.

It would have been covered up and the Muslims would have taken the fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/31/sandy-hook-shooting-suicide-parents-fake-news-conspiracy

Very sad reading. Alex Jones et al. have a lot to answer for, and anyone who gives them platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

cmac2009 wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/31/sandy-hook-shooting-suicide-parents-fake-news-conspiracy

Very sad reading. Alex Jones et al. have a lot to answer for, and anyone who gives them platform.

Have you ever heard of the saying "sunshine is the best disinfectant"?

You also can't be held accountable for other people's words, that is a very dangerous game to play.

Name one other podcast that has the same breath of topics and views as Rogan's?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Ben Shapiro can be tough work sometimes. His opinions are at odds with modern society. He believes in abstinence before marriage, believes single-motherhood is a choice and is against abortion.

Ben Shapiro can be tough work sometimes. His opinions are at odds with modern society. He believes in abstinence before marriage, believes single-motherhood is a choice and is against abortion.

Love ben but that was tough, turned me off him a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

While I disagree with him on those points he clearly states they are just his personal opinions and he has no interest in telling others how to live their lives.

The problem arises when people try to force their morals on others. I think it's good to listen to someone whom you may disagree with on a personal level and still have a conversation with them.

It was also one of the more light-hearted conversations I've heard with Shapiro. I especially liked how Rogan was kind of making him laugh uncomfortably by mentioning gay sex so much. I don't think it was premeditated but it was funny.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    While I disagree with him on those points he clearly states they are just his personal opinions and he has no interest in telling others how to live their lives.

The problem arises when people try to force their morals on others. I think it's good to listen to someone whom you may disagree with on a personal level and still have a conversation with them.

It was also one of the more light-hearted conversations I've heard with Shapiro. I especially liked how Rogan was kind of making him laugh uncomfortably by mentioning gay sex so much. I don't think it was premeditated but it was funny.

Yes he made it clear that those are his personal opinions, yet its worrying that his job is basically to debate and give his opinions on current events. Where does his personal opinions end and his professional(?) opinions start.

It was a good interview though. Joe rarely asks tough questions and he really pushed a few issues and Ben unsurprisingly dealt with them quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Going live with Kevin Hart now. Could be a laugh.

That was really good - Hart is an unreal person

Yang is the decent democrat they need.

This is someone I would vote for if I was American, this is a candidate that can beat Trump.

Yang is on Ben Shapiro's latest podcast. Should be interesting as I assume Ben is against UBI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Rogan is a bull**** artist whom succumbs to authority.

auspicious wrote: »
    Rogan is a bull**** artist whom succumbs to authority.

Tell me more

Tell me more

I shalln't. Rogan has some nice guests but still it's all a pop. narrative.

Get some high brow in:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21rydhdjC1s&t=15s

New thinking allowed is the biz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He doesn't sound like he knows much about reality then, thank God I've never looked into him

I shalln't. Rogan has some nice guests but still it's all a pop. narrative.

Get some high brow in:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21rydhdjC1s&t=15s

New thinking allowed is the biz.

Come on now. Do you really think half formed gnomic pseudo meaningful sentences - replete with the de-rigeur name dropping of Heidegger - is the proper way to express yourself with any precision?

Come on now. Do you really think half formed gnomic pseudo meaningful sentences - replete with the de-rigeur name dropping of Heidegger - is the proper way to express yourself with any precision?

Perhaps from your world perspective Heidegger is de rigUeur but for many he is an unknown.
    My ambiguous post, as you put it with your verbiage, was precisely that: designed to prompt investigation.
    By all means start with Rogan but for more concise discussions on fringe topics New Thinking Allowed is a gem.
    Granted a link involving Jason Reza Jorjani throws one in at the deep end yet his eminent knowledge is a must and drills down in to the material while Rogan only scraps the surface.
    I do hope your can truly forgive me for my earlier laconic post. I will try to be more succinct in the future ;)

Perhaps from your world perspective Heidegger is de rigUeur but for many he is an unknown.
    My ambiguous post, as you put it with your verbiage, was precisely that: designed to prompt investigation.
    By all means start with Rogan but for more concise discussions on fringe topics New Thinking Allowed is a gem.
    Granted a link involving Jason Reza Jorjani throws one in at the deep end yet his eminent knowledge is a must and drills down in to the material while Rogan only scraps the surface.
    I do hope your can truly forgive me for my earlier laconic post. I will try to be more succinct in the future ;)

'scrapes'

• Advertisement

Thanks for the correction. I guess the post is null and void.

SCRAPES

I do hope your can truly forgive me for my earlier laconic post.I will try to be more succinct in the future ;)

Intelligenti pauca.

Intelligenti pauca.

I think more people would struggle with gnomic than succinct. Buts let's not get off topic.
    When did Ireland become so passive aggressive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Listened to the Ben Shapiro one yesterday. I gotta say its interesting. I think its no harm for folks to hear opinions form people you would drastically disagree with.

I do agree with Joe Rogan on the idea of too many people these days only read and follow the same kinda people they only agree with; and get crazy offended by everything else, outside of their bubble [making no effort to argue or debate].

Worth posting, my favourite thing ever from JRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

I see the live streams are gone, anybody know why?

Graham Hancock was on yesterday if that takes anyone's fancy.

Graham Hancock was on yesterday if that takes anyone's fancy.
    Listened to Hancock today. It was entertaining but it kind of turned me off Rogan a little bit.
    He attacks anti-vax, Conspiracy theories and other pseudo-scientific topics whenever his guests agree with him but when Hancock presents theories that go against the the accepted scientific consensus he nods in agreement.

Hancock says that we blindly accept these truths from authority figures such as archaeological societies and Rogan agrees yet he wants us to accept modern science when it comes to topics he believes in.

For the record I agree with most of what Rogan believes in and I understand he has to let the guest talk but he should at least be consistent with his views

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

seannash wrote: »

For the record I agree with most of what Rogan believes in and I understand he has to let the guest talk but he should at least be consistent with his views

Or he's high as **** so it doesn't bother him

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    Or he's high as **** so it doesn't bother him

Why did it bother him the other times though and in fact cause him to vehemently chastise people on the other side about it

Advertisement