Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

i went on to slane. i had just over three hours spare so knew i had to eat up some more miles than taking a more direct route back would use up.

as i had expected, i bailed off the N2 after about 5km, it's one of the least enjoyable roads i know to be on a bike on.

https://www.strava.com/activities/4049144147

It's a disaster. Looking at your Strava you baled about 1 junction from me!!
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114523982&postcount=90

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Kilcavan Gap in south Wicklow:

image.png

Stackallen last week.
    (the saddle bag is gone for a neat one)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It's a disaster. Looking at your Strava you baled about 1 junction from me!!
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114523982&postcount=90
    you're south of where i bailed? my brother in law lives near there, in garballagh.

Fanad head few days ago

• Advertisement

you're south of where i bailed? my brother in law lives near there, in garballagh.

Funny enoughi nearly bought a house there 3 years ago.

Nope I meant I baled about 1 junction from you a couple weeks ago.
    I got off at the Brink
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/The+Brink,+Rathdrinagh,+Navan,+Co.+Meath/@53.6651507,-6.5311137,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x486746c2df1e303f:0xeaee5efb2c80a697!8m2!3d53.6651475!4d-6.528925

But I've family everywhere there Rathoath, Skryne, Duleek, Yellow Furze, Slane, Lobinstown, Ardee
    Living in Bettystown

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

grey mares tail in the bluestack mountains in SW donegal

if you'd done our sportive you might have seen it its on the last 20km killer section but you would be going the other way.

Thought it was up around doochary or glendowan.
    Haven't got that far south in Donegal yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

Pic from the Mayo XTRM 200 that I did at the weekend. Tough conditions with the wind and rain.

526292.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Funny enoughi nearly bought a house there 3 years ago.

Nope I meant I baled about 1 junction from you a couple weeks ago.
    I got off at the Brink
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/The+Brink,+Rathdrinagh,+Navan,+Co.+Meath/@53.6651507,-6.5311137,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x486746c2df1e303f:0xeaee5efb2c80a697!8m2!3d53.6651475!4d-6.528925

But I've family everywhere there Rathoath, Skryne, Duleek, Yellow Furze, Slane, Lobinstown, Ardee
    Living in Bettystown

I see some of them even ventured across the border

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

retalivity wrote: »
    ^That looks familiar but I cant place it....

My early morning spin, glorious sunrise

NMZJLqjbT1BPGe8zESDaGTHIPDWQWjySaD2a4JE8DOY-2048x1536.jpg

Which Merlin is that? I'm a curious Merlin owner

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its a "Merlin Cycles" bike, not a "Merlin bikes" bike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ah ok, thanks.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do they have an agreement to allow this use?
    i would have thought that whoever started using the merlin name first would have serious reservations about another company being allowed use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

After spending all day looking out the window of a northerly facing box room at glorious sunshine, I was less than impressed when the sky was on the ground this evening over the Sally Gap with visibility about 20m around by Kippure!

8Vz0ltJh.jpg

It's probably just a trick of the lens there but the bars look really wide in that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Plastik wrote: »
    After spending all day looking out the window of a northerly facing box room at glorious sunshine, I was less than impressed when the sky was on the ground this evening over the Sally Gap with visibility about 20m around by Kippure!

8Vz0ltJh.jpg

Is that Lough Tay to the left of the saddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Yep - the Guinness lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Plastik wrote: »

Lovely shot but it would be even better without the Xiaomi watermark! As a Xiaomi owner myself (Redmi 9 Pro), I'd advise switching it off:
    Camera -> Settings -> Watermark = Off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

ZUTEnXR.jpg

Even though the Portrane to Donabate coastal path is closed at present, there's still a rough stone path just inside the grounds of the hospital that bypasses the closed section and rejoins the main path a bit before this spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

ZUTEnXR.jpg

Even though the Portrane to Donabate coastal path is closed at present, there's still a rough stone path just inside the grounds of the hospital that bypasses the closed section and rejoins the main path a bit before this spot.

That's a lovely spot in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Stopped off to say hello to The Big Fellah earlier as I passed by from Beal Na Blath.
    There's usually at least one car there as I pass so took the opportunity today as he was on his own.
    Sorry I don't have a clue how to upload directly.

just get the URL of the photo after you've uploaded it and wrap image tags around it

i.e. [ img ] URL [ /img ] - with no spaces:

527407.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

.red. wrote: »
    Stopped off to say hello to The Big Fellah earlier as I passed by from Beal Na Blath.
    There's usually at least one car there as I pass so took the opportunity today as he was on his own.
    Isn't he in Glasnevin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Isn't he in Glasnevin?

He's buried in Glasnevin alright. That's the memorial at the ambush site. For some reason I always salute him and say "alright Mick" when I pass by.

Isn't he in Glasnevin?
    you mean the dubliners took the mick out of cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

IMG_20200925_125511828.jpg

Miners, Glendalough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Up to the Ben of Howth after work

527525.jpg

527526.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Cycled Grand Canal and Barrow Way to Hook Head (via Kildare and Carlow, New Ross) and Kilmore Quay, then Wexford. Took train back to Dublin.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nMNt1uFMFLnReDV97

Slept in B&Bs, travelled very lightly packed, without a tent, etc. I must say that cycling along the Grand Canal and Barrow Way is more interesting than the Royal Canal, but also more difficult, slower and longer, I took the road couple times not to waste time. Overall, a beautiful five-day trip, I recommend it to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That last B&B pic with the Princess Diana plate is something else. :eek:

Excellent pics I recognise most of those places but never seen the B&B in the trees it must be on the grand canal, I've never ridden that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That last B&B pic with the Princess Diana plate is something else. :eek:

Excellent pics I recognise most of those places but never seen the B&B in the trees it must be on the grand canal, I've never ridden that one.

And was also fairly cheap - €45
    Yes, tree B&B is on Grand Canal https://www.google.com/maps/place/53%C2%B019'40.1%22N+6%C2%B029'08.2%22W/@53.3278091,-6.487806,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d53.3278091!4d-6.4856173

Advertisement