Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I do but quite like it.
    Thanks all the same but your probably right, might be time to remove it if im sharing photos :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great looking bike btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Yesterday 90km spin, Powerscourt Waterfall, Wicklow Mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭cletus

I've never cycled that area, where was the last picture taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

A few from a recent staycation in Kerry and Cork

522882.jpg

522881.jpg

522880.jpg

522879.jpg

522878.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

That last picture is fantastic. Looks just timeless as if it had been taken in the 1960's or 70's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Reznorek wrote: »
    Yesterday 90km spin, Powerscourt Waterfall, Wicklow Mountains

Nice setup there - what bike is that?

kenmm wrote: »
    Nice setup there - what bike is that?

GT Grade 105

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Knockanaffrin ridge in the setting sun and Monavullagh ridge with a rising moon at almost exactly sunset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

A few images from yesterdays gravel road ride near Mullaghanish and Shrone lake on the Cork/Kerry border,beautiful crisp weather and stunning views.

IMG-2056.jpg

IMG-2057.jpg

IMG-2061.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Its a lovely spin up around there. Often think about how remote it must have been living up there when you see the house ruins dotted around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Coming to an RKings draw someday soon apparently Lamborghini aventador LP700-4 V12 goodness :D

50298480173_1dba156caa_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

KFsxZq8.jpg

On the coast trail between Donabate and Portrane yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Coming to an RKings draw someday soon apparently Lamborghini aventador LP700-4 V12 goodness :D

50298480173_1dba156caa_z.jpg

They need to make tan walls for Lambo tyres - it would actually look class

a148pro wrote: »

Seems to be a gap in the market there re: cars. A google search specifically for tan walled car tyres throws up only bicycle ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

a148pro wrote: »
    Seems to be a gap in the market there re: cars. A google search specifically for tan walled car tyres throws up only bicycle ones.
    I presume yous are taking the piss? There is no gap in the market. Tan wall tyres would look ridiculous on that Lambo (or on almost any other car).

I presume yous are taking the piss? There is no gap in the market. Tan wall tyres would look ridiculous on that Lambo (or on almost any other car).

I'll be thinking of you when I'm counting my money having patented Lambo tan wall tyres :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Weren't white wall tyres a fad back in the day on cars, maybe they'll make a come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lough Gur bronze age sites, lovely part of the world:

YHrvYv1.jpg

SgnYCDH.jpg

J22aEyY.jpg

wPwTiOz.jpg

eJtohr7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭cletus

Mightn't be the top of the world, but sure felt like it this morning

526105.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

out past oldbridge and newgrange today. the buses seem to be running from the visitor centre to newgrange, not sure how you're meant to practice social distancing if you're allowed in.

526153.jpg

526154.jpg

We used to swim there as kids and jump off that bridge. I was out that way the other morning and was thinking it's gas how much the course of the river has changed around there in 20 years.

Did you chance the bridge at the visitor center on the way back or did you head down towards the farm and on to slane?

EDIT: Is that a 1L bottle you have on the bike?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i went on to slane. i had just over three hours spare so knew i had to eat up some more miles than taking a more direct route back would use up.

as i had expected, i bailed off the N2 after about 5km, it's one of the least enjoyable roads i know to be on a bike on.

https://www.strava.com/activities/4049144147

Yeah I don't even like crossing the N2 it can be sketchy later in the day, but there is some nice cycling either side of it.

EDIT: Is that a 1L bottle you have on the bike?
    i doubt it's quite a full litre, i suspect about 750ml. it's one i got in humphries, with their own branding on it. didn't need it all today anyway, it wasn't as humid as i expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭bilbot79

i doubt it's quite a full litre, i suspect about 750ml. it's one i got in humphries, with their own branding on it. didn't need it all today anyway, it wasn't as humid as i expected.

We have the same bike! I've a Mourenx 69 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

working all weekend so finally got out this evening

526251.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,096 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

^That looks familiar but I cant place it....

My early morning spin, glorious sunrise

NMZJLqjbT1BPGe8zESDaGTHIPDWQWjySaD2a4JE8DOY-2048x1536.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

retalivity wrote: »
    ^That looks familiar but I cant place it....

grey mares tail in the bluestack mountains in SW donegal

if you'd done our sportive you might have seen it its on the last 20km killer section but you would be going the other way.

Advertisement