Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lumpy and bumpy indeed.

Ohhh nil pois for that bar tape mb. No, just no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I can't see any bartape...

ba dum tish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Ohhh nil pois for that bar tape mb. No, just no :D
    i bought that bike off a boardsie who had put that bartape on it, so i deny all responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭hesker

MojoMaker wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

Sweet ride hesker! Any more pics?

Few more from West Cork.

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]

Sweet ride hesker! Any more pics?

Few more from West Cork

attachment.php?attachmentid=521872&d=1596359725
    attachment.php?attachmentid=521873&d=1596359725
    attachment.php?attachmentid=521874&d=1596359725
    attachment.php?attachmentid=521875&d=1596359725

lumpy and bumpy indeed.

Roads around Dunworly were fine last time I was on them. It’s the coastal stretch between Garrettstown and Timoleague that is really bumpy. Part of it was repaved but if they did it all it would be a complete magnet for cycling. Beautiful spot.

There was one road I was on I would swear was assembled like a jigsaw from individual pothole repairs. Like a triggers broom, where no part of the original road remained, but the road was still there somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Our new Urban Arrow is arriving next week and I’ve been scoping out weekend routes.

UG85ZH5.jpg

• Advertisement

A few from The Kingdom.

attachment.php?attachmentid=521950&d=1596404263

Think I just missed Reginald Perrin

attachment.php?attachmentid=521951&d=1596404263

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Out and back on the Waterford greenway this morning in perfect conditions :)

50184601212_3ac8bf3cb8_z.jpg

50183799058_82e5f445f6_z.jpg

50187506728_c31bcf8276_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Cycled part of the River Brickey canal section (3.5km) near Dungarvan on Sunday as part of a 60km loop of mixed surfaces including part of St Declans way to Ardmore.
    This section of the canal was supposed to link up with the river Finisk and was first proposed in 1774 and work started in the 1840's,but was later abandoned.
    Very overgrown,but beautiful.

IMG-1794.jpg

how about videos taken on your cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 a_shed

Where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

a_shed wrote: »
    Where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea..

I get that reference (Although many years ago Mrs P and I were enjoying dinner at Percy French Inn in Newcastle, and I did wonder to myself if it's something do with Harry Potter - I was thinking of Percy Weasly. :o:o )

Not a pretty photo to look at, but an incredibly interesting place - Kilsharvan cemetery near Julianstown. The plaque outside reads the church and cemetery has been in ruins since 1641!! Grave / inscriptions from 1734, and the oldest person laid to rest was 105, and that was back in 1922, nearly 100 years ago! Mind boggles!

2zKpM733g4wfcp6Umzr0P4F3OObTPYoWVHL6lheBLuk-2048x1536.jpg

@Positron there are a few of these kinds of cemeteries locally and not that far afield, you could go down quite the rabbit hole riding around to visit them. My mind is a blank now but there is a website dedicated to them and the recording of the headstones by people who visit them.

There is one near greenhills accessible through fields and another on the way from Drogheda to Donore which a is lot more accessible up a short cul de sac and has a nice view. Basically leave Drogheda and take the first right. It's an odd one as it's probably halfway between Drogheda and Donore, for my shame I don't know why it's located there or much about it. It's half way between the two when back in it's day would have had even less around it or anything thats still there at least.

https://webgis.archaeology.ie/historicenvironment/

there's a lot to be found there. there's a filter option in the top right where you can put a county in and tell it what class of monument you want to look at.

The one I was thinking of was called findagrave.com but that one MB has some serious information on the sites I know and tonnes I don't.

Back in West Cork again
    attachment.php?attachmentid=522373&d=1596806741

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What is the ride hesker? Can't quite make it out. Year?

1980 Peugeot Super Competition. 531 F&F. Have the original parts still but swapped in 95 Record 8 speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Obviously got my priorities wrong - I was going to ask if that was Glandore!

Beautiful bike too as well as the scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭comete

Taken while descending ladies brae this morning

522466.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

What a day, wowza! Stunning weather!! I put it to good use running around the park chasing my kids etc, so major rides to report - but sure that doesn't stop one from taking photos! ;)

vt3WEez-5rCH7g-zCNij1eiOsVB49kf2y-FBDWQplgw-2048x1536.jpg

51-pPvzHXZYqz6XngPeAnzCMN4-rFU0VyGqaPrEYm9w-2047x1538.jpg

Obviously got my priorities wrong - I was going to ask if that was Glandore!

Beautiful bike too as well as the scenery.

Glandore it is.

More West Cork

attachment.php?attachmentid=522511&d=1596928853

attachment.php?attachmentid=522512&d=1596928853

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

We finally got our Urban Arrow

mQ8M7tz.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very humid out there today but glorious for a spin on the banks.

PRYqHLa.jpg

toMyOdY.jpg

zwUQt1g.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dcully wrote: »
    Very humid out there today but glorious for a spin on the banks.
    You know you dont need to live with that watermark on all your photos?

https://www.askvg.com/tip-disable-or-remove-watermarks-on-camera-photos-in-android-mobile-phones/

Advertisement