Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭cletus

First over the handlebars on this bike. Also, need new handlebars

520354.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,581 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Any damage to you?

Any damage to you?

No, couple of scratches. Mostly my pride :D

I was cycling directly behind my youngest, we just came down a little hill, and he stopped dead at the bottom because his nose was itchy. I braked, swerved, and hit the rock you can see at the right of the wheel. Bent the left drop.

He just looked at me on the ground, one foot still clipped in, and said "Did you fall Daddy?"

While we're here, any recommendations for a replacement handlebar? Looking for one with some flare to the drops (gravel bike, innit)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,581 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

racing incident, innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

cletus wrote: »
    While we're here, any recommendations for a replacement handlebar? Looking for one with some flare to the drops (gravel bike, innit)

Great opportunity to get integrated aero carbon bars innit ;)

But seriously if you want to go cheap these for 25€ including shipping are pretty decent.

Or if you want something nicer for a little bit more these from bike24, 11€ cheaper than wiggle crc, so shipping cost covered + you can use it as an opportunity to get whatever else you wanted but shipping cost put you off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

A few photos from the Mini-Evil earlier today:

9QqyLzm.jpg

4SMExkz.jpg

lHCyd5L.jpg

kPrscKN.jpg

i hope you paid heed to that 'slow' warning in the last photo there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

i hope you paid heed to that 'slow' warning in the last photo there.

The lads behind did anyway. WA asked them did they know they were mountain bikes they were pushing :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Up the Military road over lunch. Spot the patent Kippure anti bike theft device :)

520686.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A few from around Tralee today

520687.jpg
    520688.jpg
    520689.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Near Claregalway

50136756593_7f491b7dc5_b.jpg

this too shall pass
    by Patrick Dinneen, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

From the Great Western Greenway over the weekend - between Newport and Mulranny.

520768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

A few from Achill last weekend

520785.jpg

520786.jpg

520787.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,962 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

keane2097 wrote: »
    A few from around Tralee today...
    That's a beautiful bike.

(Top Tip - always photograph the bike on the drive side. It will look even better. ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dickidy

I was in achill last week and was raging i didnt bring my bike.. some lovely roads and climbs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's a beautiful bike.

(Top Tip - always photograph the bike on the drive side. It will look even better. ;))

D'oh! Thanks for the tip and the compliment :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Cycled to work for the first time in a long time yesterday. I’ve been in and out in the car several times in the evenings throughout lockdown but this felt normal.

iKJUjiy.jpg

Specialized Turbo Vado? A fine machine, woman at my partners work has one in a kind of blood red / wine colour that I didn't almost come a cropper on turning left when having a go on it :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yup. It’s a 2020 4.0. Makes my 25km commute a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Enjoyable cycle today along the Royal Canal from Mullingar to Maynooth. Pre lockdown days this was a regular spin for me and I would have seen only two or three cyclists between Mullingar and Enfield at that time. Today I counted 36 cyclists on the route between those towns, great to see the surge of cyclists.

115536695_282761372812090_7950296836656200526_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=M6TfGBapDfAAX_1Czda&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=d31400e49bb8120a48bdfeedf17ceef8&oe=5F40C411

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

I hope the images below resizes. Some photos from recent trips (you can guess the location, I am sure).

B_qmHzMKUrb1fcQAF-vdnMaGz4EaUyKE7kHyoD_tXD8-2048x1536.jpg

ZMgplSKrwQRu2Jjn_SSStM4IThBCgn9A44QrEf4qtwE-2048x1536.jpg

a7M2j-No1Fu4AI785CMtSNGY7NlrMOdtWqmYL7CAhQg-2048x1536.jpg

Jez, bit of a step up there from the last bike Poistron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭hesker

Toe Head West Cork. Glorious day and getting better as the day goes on.

521349.jpeg

Early morning gravel

521614.jpg
    The path less pedalled

521615.jpg

End of the line

521616.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

im guessing the last photo was left by someone without the correct permits on behalf of someone who was to cheap to pay for a proper removal company

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

[HTML][/HTML]
    hesker wrote: »
    Toe Head West Cork. Glorious day and getting better as the day goes on.

521349.jpeg

Sweet ride hesker! Any more pics?

neris wrote: »
    im guessing the last photo was left by someone without the correct permits on behalf of someone who was to cheap to pay for a proper removal company

Actually, it looked like a bridge had collapsed over a culvert, and it had been dug out. I've cycles over it before, it was fine. My guess is a tractor pulling a load of turf broke the big concrete pipe they use sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

cletus wrote: »
    Actually, it looked like a bridge had collapsed over a culvert, and it had been dug out. I've cycles over it before, it was fine. My guess is a tractor pulling a load of turf broke the big concrete pipe they use sometimes

Fair enough. Cycling around North County Dublin & the Wicklow mountains over time has made me very cynical with the amount of illegal dumping and rubbish on the quiet roads

just back from a trip down to dunworley in west(ish) cork today, had a meander on the bike this morning.

521829.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

just back from a trip down to dunworley in west(ish) cork today, had a meander on the bike this morning.

521829.jpg

Beautiful spot, bumpy roads!!

Advertisement