Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/seansheehanba/status/1093626737441890304?s=21

Hopefully this is a full time setup and not a “one and done” thing just because it’s Daley vs MVP.

The deal is for 20 events apparently. Great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The deal is for 20 events apparently. Great news.

That's basically every event until the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

THe Dublin card is also gonna be on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

That's great news. I think sky had Cage Rage previously if I remember correctly?

Hopefully they don't stick their own pundits and commentary on it.

Gonad wrote: »
    THe Dublin card is also gonna be on :)

GREAT news for the local talent!!! Delighted for them - big stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Chalmers really fúcked up by not finishing him off in the first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I remember watching Corey Browning against Kimbo Jnr and thinking about how particularly bad his striking was, this was sort of the same, he had so much control in the 2nd round but his ground and pound was dismal, Chalmers was nearly delivering better shots from underneath. What does the fight tell us really - just that Chalmers isn't a very good fighter overall I suppose. Browning's fight against Kimbo Jnr. sort of revealed the same about that particular hype train.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chalmers really fúcked up by not finishing him off in the first round.

He's a bum, first half decent fighter he goes up against and loses.

anyway huge deal for Bellator on Sky Sports, I wonder will this be the pre-cursor for Sky to go after the UFC if this does well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ah lads Cro Cop looks better now than 20 years ago at the Bellator weigh ins :pac:

Daley looking jacked, buzzing for this card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Karl Moore and Sinead Kavanagh have both pulled out of the Dublin card with injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Balls - just recently cancelled sky sports. Is there anywhere online I can watch this card - do Bellator do streams?

Well, that was one of the more brutal groin strikes you do see in the sport.....

Obviously accidental but it was a really poor kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I see John Redmonds opponent has been pulled due to injury. Such a pity, John's been really putting in the work for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

SBG Sword's Ian Garry with a very convincing debut pro win over Team Ryano's James Sheehan at CW101.Definitely deserves all the hype around him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well, that was one of the more brutal groin strikes you do see in the sport.....

Obviously accidental but it was a really poor kick.
    I was quite looking forward to that fight too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

selassie wrote: »
    SBG Sword's Ian Garry with a very convincing debut pro win over Team Ryano's James Sheehan at CW101.Definitely deserves all the hype around him.

Ian's a natural. He was the same in the amateur boxing leagues, then tore through the Judo ranks to black belt with Portmarnock Judo Club and now I'm delighted he's doing the same in SBG Swords.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Is tonight's card on sky sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Is tonight's card on sky sports?

Sky Sports main event @3AM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Valerie Loureda just had some performance there. Looked like she could knock anyone out with one of those combinations. No surprise considering since she trains with Amanda Nunes. UFC should sign her and give her Ostovich. It would make for a good fight and I have a feeling she'd destroy Ostovich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well that card sucked real bad

• Advertisement

Only catching up to 215 now, bad sportsmanship from SBGs Pascu Ion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That turned out to be a horrendous main card.. Jesus Christ

On paper the Kongo fight and Cro Cop fights were horrible though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

All the talk of Daley killing Paige. How did the fight go after?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    All the talk of Daley killing Paige. How did the fight go after?

Very close I had it 2 2 into final round with MVP doing more in final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

MVPs lenght won him the fight imo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Did Daley even throw a single punch in the first round? It wasn't that bad a fight though overall

Not a fan of Daley after his incredibly bad sportsmanship in the Fitch fight. That was bizarre stuff. MVP fight was not at all what I expected, bit drab, and not the real test for MVP I hoped it would be.

Would still be looking forward to his next scrap though.

Cro Cop v Nelson was interesting though Big Country's gameplan has seriously diminishing returns at his age. Not a bad fight overall though.

What was going on with Kongo in R2? I thought he had seriously hurt his right hand, he threw almost nothing at all in that round, even when given huge openings, just repeatedly threw left jabs/hooks instead....then he comes out hard in R3? Bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What was going on with Kongo in R2? I thought he had seriously hurt his right hand, he threw almost nothing at all in that round, even when given huge openings, just repeatedly threw left jabs/hooks instead....then he comes out hard in R3? Bit strange.

HE said in his post-fight interview that he has been v sick over the last while and not able to eat, so energy levels aren't there. He went for broke in the last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Coker said he wants to do Fedor v Cro Cop. Great shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Not a fan of Daley after his incredibly bad sportsmanship in the Fitch fight. That was bizarre stuff. MVP fight was not at all what I expected, bit drab, and not the real test for MVP I hoped it would be.

Would still be looking forward to his next scrap though.

Cro Cop v Nelson was interesting though Big Country's gameplan has seriously diminishing returns at his age. Not a bad fight overall though.

Could of been waiting for the hand to numb

Advertisement