Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I'm not crying about it but when there's been no heated words and Kiefer just pushes the guy and then sounds like me 10 year old son mouthing I cringed. Maybe your as classy as your gym buddies but to me it's not Kiefer.

In fainesss I know Kiefer as a respectable lad too so seems very out of character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Didn't mean any disrespect to you. Only meant in the UFC

I understand but if you read above that is the attitude slot have that Irish MMA is SBG and it's been so much bigger and going so much longer in each individual discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm not crying about it but when there's been no heated words and Kiefer just pushes the guy and then sounds like me 10 year old son mouthing I cringed. Maybe your as classy as your gym buddies but to me it's not Kiefer.

Like I said he's trying to drum up a bit of hype, and it got the crowd cheering so it worked. Of course it's not him, but he knows what he has to do in this game to get further even though he's talented enough imo to not need to do it. It's prize fighting not karate.

In fainesss I know Kiefer as a respectable lad too so seems very out of character.

Exactly that's what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

but to me it's not Kiefer.

And this is what lots of people need to realise. Separate the person from the fighter. Boxers have been doing it for 50+ years, and it's more prevalent now then ever. The fight business and showbusiness go hand in hand. Those who excel at both stand to make the most! Many of us don't like it but it's what makes money.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    And this is what lots of people need to realise. Separate the person from the fighter. Boxers have been doing it for 50+ years, and it's more prevalent now then ever. The fight business and showbusiness go hand in hand. Those who excel at both stand to make the most! Many of us don't like it but it's what makes money.

This is exactly what I mean in my above post. I agree with you lads its not the Kiefer you know same as myself but ask him the next time your talking to him, he has to do it for self promotion and has been doing it the last while. It's simple really.

Whelo I'm not arguing that. I'm saying if you wanna sell your fight build it up don't just go and when your opponent is going to shake hands u push him hahaha absolutely 0 to 60 from Kiefer.

Are people not bored of that persona at the moment with McGregor?

Can see it from peoples comments about Gallagher.
    Maybe try a different angle.

What's annoys me about Jimmy is he isn't his own person the clothes, the mihahaha laugh, it's McGregor. Find your niche and exploit it

What's annoys me about Jimmy is he isn't his own person the clothes, the mihahaha laugh, it's McGregor. Find your niche and exploit it

Couldn't agree more. I'll never forget he posted a fake stack of money before captioned I pay your social welfare and was ripped to pieces.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. I'll never forget he posted a fake stack of money before captioned I pay your social welfare and was ripped to pieces.

Well then Kiefer shouldn’t be trying the same.

Well then Kiefer shouldn’t be trying the same.

He hasn't though? There's a massive difference between being a carbon copy of McGregor and pushing someone on stage for a bit of hype. Have a look at nearly every single weigh in and you'll see at least one person do it.

I hope the card produces for the fans. We are 1 or 2 barnstormers off Ireland being a huge MMA country. Youths flocking to gyms at the minute it's great

Gallagher is a clone, that's what people dislike. Little to no originality to his fight persona.

I hope the card produces for the fans. We are 1 or 2 barnstormers off Ireland being a huge MMA country. Youths flocking to gyms at the minute it's great

Charlestown, team ryano and dca all close to me would be packed to the rafters most nights of the week with all ages. It's great to see. 5-10 years down the line we will have some great fighters who took it up instead of football and gaa etc and it'll show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I understand but if you read above that is the attitude slot have that Irish MMA is SBG and it's been so much bigger and going so much longer in each individual discipline.

Thats why I would like to see other clubs/teams on the world stage. Team Ryano is involved in the card tomorrow night I think?

Hopefully more will be involved soon in years/cards to come.

Not really relevant but I read a guy who started an MMA club in tipperary had an accident and is now paralysed from the neck down. Heart would go out to him.Hopefully all the clubs here help his fund

Charlestown, team ryano and dca all close to me would be packed to the rafters most nights of the week with all ages. It's great to see. 5-10 years down the line we will have some great fighters who took it up instead of football and gaa etc and it'll show.

I do be in DCA 2 3 days a week, I'm BJJ since a child but go over there for some striking with Coco & Collie. Boys have a great unit around them. I'm loving the growth my little fella is competing and it's his first sport and I love watching him take on the discipline rather then following the crowd to football

Thats why I would like to see other clubs/teams on the world stage. Team Ryano is involved in the card tomorrow night I think?

Not really relevant but I read a guy who started an MMA club in tipperary had an accident and is now paralysed from the neck down. Heart would go out to him.Hopefully all the clubs here help his fund

That's dariusz from Poland. A friend and a gentleman. His family member posts here also. Slot of gyms supporting him.

I do be in DCA 2 3 days a week, I'm BJJ since a child but go over there for some striking with Coco & Collie. Boys have a great unit around them. I'm loving the growth my little fella is competing and it's his first sport and I love watching him take on the discipline rather then following the crowd to football

Yeah you won't get much better striking than with the lads, it's where curtas been training for this fight as I'm sure you know. Great stable of fighters, Craig will hopefully get on One this year if we're lucky.

Happy days, it'll be some difference now kids training it on Ireland at such a young age for a change, the futures bright.

Yeah you won't get much better striking than with the lads, it's where curtas been training for this fight as I'm sure you know. Great stable of fighters, Craig will hopefully get on One this year if we're lucky.

Happy days, it'll be some difference now kids training it on Ireland at such a young age for a change, the futures bright.

I hope Curta shines tomorrow. His dress sense is appalling but he's a good lad. Looks sharp

• Advertisement

Team Ryano have 3 lads fighting Paul Redmond, Andrew Murphy and Myles Price.

This was brought up last night too. But what other Irish pro fighters are out there that could have been signed up by Bellator to fight on this card? The depth of talent is not as large as people think it is, but it is definitely growing. There will be some quality amatuers turning pro over the next 24 months.

I hope Curta shines tomorrow. His dress sense is appalling but he's a good lad. Looks sharp

Very Miami Vice, took It to another level when he was in Florida. Praying he gets it done in style tomorrow he deserves it.

Team Ryano have 3 lads fighting Paul Redmond, Andrew Murphy and Myles Price.

This was brought up last night too. But what other Irish pro fighters are out there that could have been signed up by Bellator to fight on this card? The depth of talent is not as large as people think it is, but it is definitely growing. There will be some quality amatuers turning pro over the next 24 months.

Would you not of liked to see a fair split of the gyms with their teams then some bellator regulars.

Very Miami Vice, took It to another level when he was in Florida. Praying he gets it done in style tomorrow he deserves it.

For sure. Just needed to tighten up his ground game. Against Barez he wasn't ruthless enough with the space when he was in half guard and ended up beaten. But a really good lad. Will he be back in Charlestown

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hadn't seen that about Craig that'd be amazing! Even after the crazy run hes been on think hes still being crazy underrated. If he beats Bendon that's him skipping right through the whole of what the UK has to offer although I'm sure he'd love a pop at Liam Harrison!

Seem to remember him saying he picked up his bjj blue belt pretty quickly so who knows where that could lead.

Would you not of liked to see a fair split of the gyms with their teams then some bellator regulars.

SBG probably have more Pro's than all the other gyms put together. Who are the guys from other gyms that could get on the card?

We won't see many Bellator regulars, Bellator have purposely signed all these European fighters to create almost like a European league. The best of these lads will go on and fight on American shows. We might be lucky to get one or two American based fighters over here, or the likes of a Paul Daly, but that's about it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Can anyone give me a quick recap about the Myles Price/Peter Queally fight?

Queally said he was a traitor or something. Did price leave SBG under bad circumstances? Don't want to get everyone on here arguing, just wondered on the background to this!

For sure. Just needed to tighten up his ground game. Against Barez he wasn't ruthless enough with the space when he was in half guard and ended up beaten. But a really good lad. Will he be back in Charlestown

He's split his training between dca and Charlestown this camp anyway. Think Collies in his corner tomorrow along with Owen (I could be wrong though). Seems to be getting a great mix and improving really well.
    jimmii wrote: »
    Hadn't seen that about Craig that'd be amazing! Even after the crazy run hes been on think hes still being crazy underrated. If he beats Bendon that's him skipping right through the whole of what the UK has to offer although I'm sure he'd love a pop at Liam Harrison!

Seem to remember him saying he picked up his bjj blue belt pretty quickly so who knows where that could lead.

Pushing for it big time on ones social media, but like you said he needs to get through his fight next month. Will be an absolute cracker, hoping for another big elbow win. Surely would have a fight with One sown up them! It's mad how far he's come

Can anyone give me a quick recap about the Myles Price/Peter Queally fight?

Queally said he was a traitor or something. Did price leave SBG under bad circumstances? Don't want to get everyone on here arguing, just wondered on the background to this!

Price was off with Khabib during his came to fight McGregor.

• Advertisement

He's split his training between dca and Charlestown this camp anyway. Think Collies in his corner tomorrow along with Owen (I could be wrong though). Seems to be getting a great mix and improving really well.

Pushing for it big time on ones social media, but like you said he needs to get through his fight next month. Will be an absolute cracker, hoping for another big elbow win. Surely would have a fight with One sown up them! It's mad how far he's come

Yes he's pushing for a go at topic who is ranked below him by WBC.

Advertisement