Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Not sure if there is another thread for Dublin Bellator this weekend but struggling to find info on start times, Bellator website is saying 7pm and Ticketmaster 4:30pm? With the amount of prelims I'm guessing it's 4:30 for first fight, 7pm for televised prelims and 9pm for main card? Anyone know any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Predictions for the Dublin Bellator show from some industry folk.

https://mma-insiders.com/bellator-217-in-dublin-fighter-coach-and-media-make-their-predictions/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Scott Coker says Bellator will be doing a featherweight tournament later in the year, I wonder will Gallagher be part of it? If he stayed at 145 he would have been a cert for it based on his record before his loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Autecher wrote: »

https://mma-insiders.com/bellator-217-in-dublin-fighter-coach-and-media-make-their-predictions/

The matchmaking on that card gets more laughable every time you see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Scott Coker says Bellator will be doing a featherweight tournament later in the year, I wonder will Gallagher be part of it? If he stayed at 145 he would have been a cert for it based on his record before his loss.

It's an absolute shambles every SBG fighter will win cause the standard of opponent is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Worse mma card of all time? I don't think I'll even bother to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Il watch in the hope charlie ward will get knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm going with a few of my mates it should be a decent day out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's a great MMA card. A dozen+ professional Irish MMA fighters fighting on a card in the second biggest MMA promotion in the world. Add to it being the first MMA event ever to be shown on prime-time Sky Sports.

Some lopsided match ups but plenty of 50/50 fights in there.

Many of you seem to think everyone out of SBG are world beaters one minute and bags of sh1te the next. The truth is many of them are untested themselves, we'll get a look at where many of them stand come Saturday night.

I for one am very much looking forward to the whole card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

looking forward to the method of victory betting lines opening. Few easy subs bets on the card for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Il watch in the hope charlie ward will get knocked out.

At least Charlie Ward is just Charlie Ward, James Gallagher's insufferable and cringe-inducing 'Conor McGregor Jnr' schtick on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

At least Charlie Ward is just Charlie Ward, James Gallagher's insufferable and cringe-inducing 'Conor McGregor Jnr' schtick on the other hand....

Iv said it before alot of the SBG guys come across as complete pricks in interviews, but yeah at least charlie is openly a prick.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    It's a great MMA card. A dozen+ professional Irish MMA fighters fighting on a card in the second biggest MMA promotion in the world. Add to it being the first MMA event ever to be shown on prime-time Sky Sports.

Some lopsided match ups but plenty of 50/50 fights in there.

Many of you seem to think everyone out of SBG are world beaters one minute and bags of sh1te the next. The truth is many of them are untested themselves, we'll get a look at where many of them stand come Saturday night.

I for one am very much looking forward to the whole card.

I think 90% are ****e. Just curiousness which SBG fighter do you believe to be in a 50/50

I think 90% are ****e. Just curiousness which SBG fighter do you believe to be in a 50/50

Quelly: although I think he will get the win.

Smullen: if it stays on the feet I think he loses.

Fluery: his opponent is 8-1 and his only defeat is to Leon Edwards. I think Fluery will get the win though.

Logan: I think Andrew Murphy will beat him.

McCourt: her opponents MMA record is not great but McCourt is 1-1, lost her first pro fight and scraped a split decision in her second. She hasn't looked anything amazing in the pro ranks so far.

Ward: I know nothing of his opponent but if Ward can't land a big bomb here I feel he will struggle.

I haven't seen enough of the other SBG fighters or their opponents to comment. Sam Slater is an excellent prospect, his opponent is 3-0. Ryan Curtis from SBG Charlestown is Roddy's big (little) prospect but I haven't personally seen him fight and he has been out of action for a long time.

They are the main ones, I'll have a proper look through the full card and see if anything else stands out.

Quelly: although I think he will get the win.

Smullen: if it stays on the feet I think he loses.

Fluery: his opponent is 8-1 and his only defeat is to Leon Edwards. I think Fluery will get the win though.

Logan: I think Andrew Murphy will beat him.

McCourt: her opponents MMA record is not great but McCourt is 1-1, lost her first pro fight and scraped a split decision in her second. She hasn't looked anything amazing in the pro ranks so far.

Ward: I know nothing of his opponent but if Ward can't land a big bomb here I feel he will struggle.

I haven't seen enough of the other SBG fighters or their opponents to comment. Sam Slater is an excellent prospect, his opponent is 3-0. Ryan Curtis from SBG Charlestown is Roddy's big (little) prospect but I haven't personally seen him fight and he has been out of action for a long time.

They are the main ones, I'll have a proper look through the full card and see if anything else stands out.

Ward is nowhere near 50/50 it won't get past the 1st

Fleury wins convingly.

Smullen will dominate on the ground submits him in the 2nd.

I think Quelly gets beaten. But I don't see any of them as 50/50 don't know enough of McCourt.

Ward is nowhere near 50/50 it won't get past the 1st

Fleury wins convingly.

Smullen will dominate on the ground submits him in the 2nd.

I think Quelly gets beaten. But I don't see any of them as 50/50 don't know enough of McCourt.

What do you know of Ward's opponent to say it doesn't get out of the first? We know Ward is a pretty one dimensional fighter and his last 4 fights have all ended in Rd 1 rightly enough, 2 wins and 2 defeats. Maybe it doesn't get out of the first but I don't see it being heavily in Ward's favour.

I think Fluery will win too, but his opponents record is excellent for this level. 8-1 with only 1 going to a decision. It may not be a walk in the park.

Agreed on Smullen. If it hits the ground he wins, but like I said, if it stays standing he will be in trouble.

It's not all simply set up for SBG wins like people are suggesting. That's my point.

What do you know of Ward's opponent to say it doesn't get out of the first? We know Ward is a pretty one dimensional fighter and his last 4 fights have all ended in Rd 1 rightly enough, 2 wins and 2 defeats. Maybe it doesn't get out of the first but I don't see it being heavily in Ward's favour.

I think Fluery will win too, but his opponents record is excellent for this level. 8-1 with only 1 going to a decision. It may not be a walk in the park.

Agreed on Smullen. If it hits the ground he wins, but like I said, if it stays standing he will be in trouble.

It's not all simply set up for SBG wins like people are suggesting. That's my point.

Maybe your right but stacking a card with SBG guys will lead to people having a disliking Irish MMA isn't just SBG as most seem to forget.

Irish MMA isn't just SBG as most seem to forget.

100% agree with this statement. However they are the most high profile gym and have far more professional fighters than any other gym in the country.

What professional fighters outside of those who are fighting on Saturday do you think Bellator could have signed up to contracts?

Decky Dalton is one that springs to mind. Rhys McKee opted for Cage Warriors over Bellator as far as I am aware.

100% agree with this statement. However they are the most high profile gym and have far more professional fighters than any other gym in the country.

What professional fighters outside of those who are fighting on Saturday do you think Bellator could have signed up to contracts?

Decky Dalton is one that springs to mind. Rhys McKee opted for Cage Warriors over Bellator as far as I am aware.

Decky too long in the tooth now. Rhys for sure should be on it, Andy Murphy team Ryano and Joe McColgan these guys deserve a shot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

All Irish winners:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

People easily forgetting Kiefer Crosbie on 5-0 here

Kiefer is a great talent I'd like him to start fighting someone with some pedigree

Decky too long in the tooth now. Rhys for sure should be on it, Andy Murphy team Ryano and Joe McColgan these guys deserve a shot too.

Andrew Murphy is fighting Dylan Logan. McColgan could get in there I suppose but there is not much outside of those names we've mentioned. Maybe one or two NextGen lads or IFA, but I can't think of many outside of that.

I think he easily beats Daniel on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing him fight again and definitely not forgetting about him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Balls was sure this was on channel 5

Will Fluery's opponent missed weight by 5lbs and Leah McCourts missed by 1lb. All fights still going ahead.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Balls was sure this was on channel 5

Prelims can be watched on the Bellator app. Main card on Sky Sports from 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Anyone know any bars in Dublin showing this? Living room, woolshed, buskers??

heno86 wrote: »
    Anyone know any bars in Dublin showing this? Living room, woolshed, buskers??

Woolshed will show it so will Murray's.

• Advertisement

Supposedly this is the final running order for tomorrow

Bantamweight Main Event: James Gallagher(136) vs. Steven Graham (135.6)

Lightweight Co-Main Event: Peter Queally(155.4) vs. Myles Price (155.4)

Welterweight Main Card Bout: Kiefer Crosbie(170.6) vs. Daniel Olejniczak (170)

Featherweight Main Card Bout: Richie Smullen (145.2) vs. Adam Gustab (145.6)

Middleweight Preliminary Bout: Charlie Ward(184.8) vs. Jamie Stephenson (185.2)

Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Paul Redmond(156.0) vs. Charlie Leary (154.6)

Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Richard Kiely(170.4) vs.Mickael Bucher (169.4)

Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Walter Gahadza (170.4) vs. Ruben Crawford (170.8)

Flyweight Preliminary Bout: Ryan Curtis(125.8) vs. Luis Gonzalez (124.8)

Women’s Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Leah McCourt (146.0) vs.Hatice Ozyurt** (148.0)

Women’s Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Olga Rubin (145.4) vs.Iony Razafiarison (142.0)

Middleweight Preliminary Bout: Will Fleury(185.4) vs. Shaun Taylor* (190.4)

165lbs- Catchweight Preliminary Bout: Alfie Davies (164.2) vs. Daniele Scatizzi (164.0)

Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Sam Slater(155.2) vs. Chris Duncan (155.2)

Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Dylan Logan(145.6) vs. Andrew Murphy (145.2)

138.8lbs- Catchweight Bout: Ian Cleary (138.4) vs. George Courtney (138.4)

*Denotes fighter missed weight

** Denotes fighter missed weight

Advertisement