Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

What happened to Dylan Tuke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What happened to Dylan Tuke?

He not with cage warriors

but1er wrote: »
    He not with cage warriors

Haven't heard of him in around a year. Don't know hat situation is.

It's really hard to watch James Gallagher run about, I know James a long long time. This persona is all created and hard to stomach at times. Id love us to be able to judge these fighters but the calibre of opponents aren't good enough to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's really hard to watch James Gallagher run about, I know James a long long time. This persona is all created and hard to stomach at times. Id love us to be able to judge these fighters but the calibre of opponents aren't good enough to judge.

Are the opponents deemed not good enough because you have never heard of them or because you have watched them and seen their skillset?

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Are the opponents deemed not good enough because you have never heard of them or because you have watched them and seen their skillset?

Cause I would deem them not good enough. You posted records of 8-1 that means nothing unless 5 or 6 of those are against a good pedigree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The card is a joke. The fact that Richard Kiley is on there proves it. He's a decent fella but his MMA record is gash. Lost his only ammy fight, best two nobodies and got schooled by Lahore in the first. He has no business being signed for an organisation like Bellator. I know he has some decent records in other disciplines but in MMA he's one dimensional and will be exposed badly any time he fights someone who can clinch or get s takedown.

The having dross like Charlie on the main card as well as Qualey as co-main event before James fights some random bin collector.

They're taking the absolute piss tbh. The fact that this card will be the first prime time slot on sky for Bellator is a massive fail for them, it will look like a low level local card because that's essentially what it is.

The card is a joke. The fact that Richard Kiley is on there proves it. He's a decent fella but his MMA record is gash. Lost his only ammy fight, best two nobodies and got schooled by Lahore in the first. He has no business being signed for an organisation like Bellator. I know he has some decent records in other disciplines but in MMA he's one dimensional and will be exposed badly any time he fights someone who can clinch or get s takedown.

The having dross like Charlie on the main card as well as Qualey as co-main event before James fights some random bin collector.

They're taking the absolute piss tbh. The fact that this card will be the first prime time slot on sky for Bellator is a massive fail for them, it will look like a low level local card because that's essentially what it is.

Fit for Tallaght basketball arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I hate being that guy but how can I watch the prelims? Can't find any info about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dulux99 wrote: »
    I hate being that guy but how can I watch the prelims? Can't find any info about them

Bellator App

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Bellator App

Cheers, had it in my head that the Bellator app wasn't available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Just caught the weigh-ins there on Facebook, what a bunch of ***** the SBG lads are. The card itself is the worst I've ever seen, the match-making is so bad its nearly a fix. I feel bad for anyone going to this who actually might not know what a sham they are watching.

There have been stronger cards in parish halls around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

darced wrote: »
    Just caught the weigh-ins there on Facebook, what a bunch of ***** the SBG lads are. The card itself is the worst I've ever seen, the match-making is so bad its nearly a fix. I feel bad for anyone going to this who actually might not know what a sham they are watching.

There have been stronger cards in parish halls around the country.

Weigh ins were good crack, and it'll be a good day out. There's alot worse ways to spend 50 euro.

Absolutely embarrassing from Kiefer crosbie and Richie Kiely seriously what the heck

ASOT wrote: »
    Weigh ins were good crack, and it'll be a good day out. There's alot worse ways to spend 50 euro.

Really? Good craic.

Ya little fool you're getting broke up was the ceiling of Kiefer fighting talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 icefrog

Nice ;D

Really? Good craic.

Ya little fool you're getting broke up was the ceiling of Kiefer fighting talk.

Didn't even hear what they were saying but the atmosphere was good in the arena, alot more there than I taught there would be. Maybe I'm biased because a few of my mates are fighting on the card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Absolutely embarrassing from Kiefer crosbie and Richie Kiely seriously what the heck

What they do?

Haha, I've been waiting for the usual SBG begrudgers to come in and have their say.

Not one bad word said about any non SBG fighter, you lads are so see through its comical.

It's a glorified card of similar standard to anything else put on in Europe outside of the UFC, what's the issue? Nobody is pretending it's anything else. It's the best available pro Irish fighters all on the one card under the Bellator banner and ticket prices reflect that. Again, what's the issue?

Cause I would deem them not good enough. You posted records of 8-1 that means nothing unless 5 or 6 of those are against a good pedigree.

But that was my question, why do you deem them not good enough? Because you havenever heard if them or because you have seen them all fight and don't rate them?

Yesterday you said 90% of the SBG fighters are sh1te, yet you are also complaining that their opponents are not good enough. Seems odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

We get it. You love SBG. Some other people don't.

It's all a bit boring now.

We get it. You love SBG. Some other people don't.

It's all a bit boring now.

It is boring, you're right. The same people with the same nonsense over and over again. I don't love SBG, I like Irish MMA, professional and amateur. And for what it's worth I'd personally know more people from Team Ryano Finglas than I do any SBG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone got a link to the weigh in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yes I dont understand people moaning about SBG. They put us on the map.

I would like to see more of other clubs represented too but that will come in time hopefully.

I'm looking forward to the card as its an Irish show. Maybe UFC will see the energy and will come back sooner than later. As for standards, Gallagher got beaten last time so it shows anything can happen.I like him as he gets me interested in his fights.

I'm not that familiar with all the Irish fighters but I hope they do well as always. Its live on Sky in our home so what more could you want!!

Yes I dont understand people moaning about SBG. They put us on the map.

I would like to see more of other clubs represented too but that will come in time hopefully.

I'm looking forward to the card as its an Irish show. Maybe UFC will see the energy and will come back sooner than later. As for standards, Gallagher got beaten last time so it shows anything can happen.I like him as he gets me interested in his fights.

I'm not that familiar with all the Irish fighters but I hope they do well as always. Its live on Sky in our home so what more could you want!!

Put us on the map. Speak for yourself. I was a blue belt when Conor was fighting in crumbling as a snotty nose kid.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Haha, I've been waiting for the usual SBG begrudgers to come in and have their say.

Not one bad word said about any non SBG fighter, you lads are so see through its comical.

It's a glorified card of similar standard to anything else put on in Europe outside of the UFC, what's the issue? Nobody is pretending it's anything else. It's the best available pro Irish fighters all on the one card under the Bellator banner and ticket prices reflect that. Again, what's the issue?

Reason I'm not saying it about other fighters cos the only one to cross the lines on face off was Kiefer and Richie. And get this Kiefer is a friend and i think he's a great talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Put us on the map. Speak for yourself. I was a blue belt when Conor was fighting in crumbling as a snotty nose kid.

Didn't mean any disrespect to you. Only meant in the UFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Reason I'm not saying it about other fighters cos the only one to cross the lines on face off was Kiefer and Richie. And get this Kiefer is a friend and i think he's a great talent.

What did Kiefer do????

What did Kiefer do????

Nothing he squared up to his opponent and pushed him trying to drum up a bit of hype and it got the crowd going. Hardly something to be crying about on a forum.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Nothing he squared up to his opponent and pushed him trying to drum up a bit of hype and it got the crowd going. Hardly something to be crying about on a forum.

I'm not crying about it but when there's been no heated words and Kiefer just pushes the guy and then sounds like me 10 year old son mouthing I cringed. Maybe your as classy as your gym buddies but to me it's not Kiefer.

Advertisement