Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Love the new one. So well narrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Air crash one is really well done so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Second part of the air crash story is out. What a sad case for everyone involved. That air traffic control company was absolute scum of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Very sad case. Poor Vitalay and others, entire families wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

yeah listened to it last night - very, very sad. superbly produced.

• Advertisement

The air traffic controllers biggest fault was his radio channels. He had 2, he should have had the 2 open to the 2 planes that were going to collide rather than the one that was trying to land at the other airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are there any podcasts that deal with Air accidents specifically? It might sound backwards but I watched Air Crash Investigations to get over my fear of flying, find the subject fascinating now.

Case 108: The Kicevo Monster

The Macedonian city of Kicevo is situated within the slopes of Bistra Mountain...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I haven’t been into the last few episodes at all.

I'm a bit behind too, I only listen when I'm in bed so I keep dropping off to sleep. Then I have to go back the following night and find where I left off. So it takes me ages to get through one story :)
    Lately I've been listening to Once Upon a Crime .......... it's also very good. So many great true crime podcasts out there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Agreed. This weekends in particular I found very unengaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Kingp35 wrote: »

Agreed. This weekends in particular I found very unengaging.

Yeah I was listening on a walk and it got to a point were I realised I'd zoned out completely and hadn't 'heard' the last 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Yeah I was listening on a walk and it got to a point were I realised I'd zoned out completely and hadn't 'heard' the last 15 mins.

Very difficult to follow and not interesting

Yeah that one in Macedonia wasnt the best. I've enjoyed the previous two though (not sure if "enjoy" is the right word for a Casefile episode but you get the idea!)

Five parter coming march 25 .

What will it be?

Says "one of our most requested cases"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ohhhhh exciting, haven’t enjoyed last few. Hope it’s not something ‘typical’ like Bundy or that. (In that he’s been done to death, pardon the pun!)

Think he said he wouldn't cover the Bundy case before, but I like the sound of a 5 parter. Could be Ivan Milat or something along those lines.

basically now the Casefile guy is just a reader/ narrator for all the cases.

researchers are doing the research and script.

wasn't like this at the start.

so quality will be variable and also how much narrator is "into" the case in question or just going through the narrating motions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Think he said he wouldn't cover the Bundy case before, but I like the sound of a 5 parter. Could be Ivan Milat or something along those lines.

Ivan milat is a great call. Australian true crime done one on how milat couldn't have been soley responsible. Lots doesn't add up.

glasso wrote: »
    Five parter coming march 25 .

What will it be?

Says "one of our most requested cases"

Bring it on :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'll go with Fred West. Either way it'll be a serial killer, so get your wiki searching in gear, as there sure are a lot of them.

I think my favourite series was actually the Silk Road episodes, which I thought were incredible. Maybe they have something else like that up their sleeves. Anyway, cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I guess I'm one of those impatient types who'd rather not have multipart episodes. Just one big long one, thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I think my favourite series was actually the Silk Road episodes, which I thought were incredible. Maybe they have something else like that up their sleeves. Anyway, cant wait!

True, that was actually very well narrated and places.

The Toy Box was excellent although it was hard listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Has to be Ivan milat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Instagram post from Casefile

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

It’s Ivan Milat, confirmed on Casefile’s Facebook group.

I just googled him and read the headline of what he did, but don't want to read any more if it will be covered on the podcast, but wasn't there another similar case covered a while back, which was referenced as being the inspiration for wolf creek?

• Advertisement

I don't know anything about Ivan Milat, so this should be good

Advertisement