Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just finished part 4, really enjoying this series. You can tell Casey is enjoying to he’s really animated. Great to have it back at its best.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    This series has been great. Part 4 is excellent. Also didn't know much about this case!

have you not seen Wolf Creek?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

glasso wrote: »

I haven’t. Imagine plenty haven’t. Is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I did, years ago. Thankfully I blanked it from my memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

CHRIST ! Don't tell me wolf creek was based on an actual real life case /this case ???

• Advertisement

CHRIST ! Don't tell me wolf creek was based on an actual real life case /this case ???

was the main inspiration. who knows what some of those victims went through before being killed....?

Mick Taylor was a vicious and unpredictable character. modern horror classic portrayal.

z094ffsmfnzv1twneaau

the laugh was brilliantly unnerving.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    I haven’t. Imagine plenty haven’t. Is it good?

First one is a must see imo.

Go check it out!

I'll just say one thing.....

"Head on a stick" (a quote you'll hear at some point).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No, never seen it and did know much about Milat case either

Definitely worth a watch.

Could imagine it potentially happening so terrifying from that point of view.

The antagonist is smart and devious also which adds to the effect.

Uncomfortable in parts.

Might well rewatch it myself.

There is also a second movie and even s short TV series but they are not as good as the original movie imo.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yeah, Wolf Creek was an amazing and equally disturbing watch. The idea that someone could switch so easily, and also how such non traditional cinema it was for a horror movie. Low budget movies can sometimes really knock it out of the park.

• Advertisement

Ivan Milat series was fantastic. Really amazing job on it by the Casefile team!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Another fine one from Casefile but an absolutely horrific story. Those poor victims.

I never realised there was a Wolf Creek series. I watched the movie but had to turn it off halfway... horrific

bobsman wrote: »
    Another fine one from Casefile but an absolutely horrific story. Those poor victims.

Absolutely dreadful, sounds like their suffering was pretty extreme. I reckon Milat had an accomplice.

Absolutely dreadful, sounds like their suffering was pretty extreme. I reckon Milat had an accomplice.

Think that's generally the consensus alright but he's hardly the most noble of folk. Wouldn't think its a problem for him to give someone up.

Paul Onions must be the luckiest man alive !!

Think that's generally the consensus alright but he's hardly the most noble of folk. Wouldn't think its a problem for him to give someone up.

I reckon it was one of the brothers, he wouldn’t give one of them up.

Paul was absolutely blessed, you’d never be right after that.

Great series, story was so well told.

interesting that he didn't take the $200,000 AUD

2010 article
    "At first they said, 'Do you want the money?' and I was like, 'No, no, no.' Then they wouldn't really let it go and gave me a cheque," the Briton told the Sunday Herald Sun.

Attempting to move on with this life, he walked into the Australian High Commission in London and handed over the cheque in an envelope.

"It was about 10 years ago. I said, 'Just give that back to the Government'."

Mr Onions is not wealthy, but believed that if he took the money, "Then everything you ever buy - it's like false money ain't it? Hollow money. Everything you buy, you don't have any joy in it".

interesting that he didn't take the $200,000 AUD

2010 article

I see where he was coming from with that argument. Hopefully the government put that money to good use. He should've given it to a charity or something.

I think it was very honourable of Paul onions not to take the money. He doesn't come across as a very materialistic guy.

Watched the first few minutes of wolf Creek TV series last night. Fook sake, horrendous. :eek:

• Advertisement

Watched the first few minutes of wolf Creek TV series last night. Fook sake, horrendous. :eek:

Only the first movie is worth watching.

The rest is all shyte

Just finished Milat case last night. It sent chills through me especially when I think of all the people I knew who went backpacking in Oz over the years. He was some monster :( Casefile did it so well, I didnt want to miss a word all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Thought Belanglo was brilliant

I love the long multi episode ones

I avoided it for the 5 weeks and listened to in all in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Thought Belanglo was brilliant

I love the long multi episode ones

I avoided it for the 5 weeks and listened to in all in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Episode 110 is out, a bit earlier than normal as well.

Tis a decent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Reading a little about the Marc Detroux case. I’m surprised that hasn’t been covered yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Reading a little about the Marc Detroux case. I’m surprised that hasn’t been covered yet.

Jesus if they do I'll give it a skip!

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Jesus if they do I'll give it a skip!

Plus one - We were in Belgium around the time that broke, the posters of missing kids everywhere was horrific :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Tis a decent one.

Yes I really enjoyed the latest one, I thought the 5 part one dragged on for too long so this pod was a breath of fresh air. Shocking story.

Advertisement