Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

weather was fab this am - Happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@cj maxx your story about opening a can of Guinness with your ex wife's vibrator has made my evening 😄

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,551 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If I can find her 'bullet' it would be even better I think 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Saw big beef bones for sale for dogs - in Aldi. And what was the name of them ?

’Postman’s leg’. 😝

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Tonight Arthur is chasing the Grouse and I'm comfortably numb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,916 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dog is absolutely comatose beside me but is wagging her tail like a motherfcuker. Clearly having the good dreams. And she deserves them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My cat brought a mouse in yesterday and let it go in the bed room. I managed to catch the mouse in a humane trap and let it go this morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Them townie cats , when our country cat caught a mouse there was no escaping.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Finally made a phone call about a topic that sparks anxiety for years now, nothing to worry about after all the awfulizing and worry!

Phewwwwwwwww!

😀

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Having a new screen protector on me phone after going round with a cracked one for at least a year due to endlessly forgetting to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

I'm finding that gay man are incredibly attracted to me. My TA is that I'm not gay.

The stars look amazing tonight 🌌

Been there , not done that. The Gaydar seems to go off when I'm around. Well in my younger days.

I'm not gay either.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new Specsavers ad. Simple, funny, and effective.

Deciding between Pizza and Chinese. Good problem to have ☺️

Toasty in bed. 🛌☺️

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seeing the little princess and the little biyeen yesterday, it lifted my spirits and I had so much fun with them like I always do.........note to self don't argue with a nearly 2 year old little princess as I will never win 😁🤣

A fella just sat down in a cubicle a few cubicles down from me in the jacks in work and let out the most contented "ah" I've heard in a long time. He sounded so happy, like it was the highlight of his day. 😆

TH managed to chop up two briquettes lengthwise into 3 relatively uniform pieces each ,, will make it easier to start fire later 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Brought my 2001 ancient car to a garage for a list of jobs and one was the fan belt (serpentine belt) was whining and chirping. He did the other bigger jobs but said my problem didn't exist?? Well yes you need to run the car 5-10 minutes, do mechanics not roadtest?

I found a super YouTuber from Denmark who has a similar car and he showed how to do lots and lots of jobs. I replaced the belt, I changed my air filter, changed oil and oil filter, fixed my sunroof motor and flushed the coolant. Hell I spent more time fixing the car then driving it but it's ok as it cost little money and is a project :)

Next job is front brakes however I leave that to the professionals.

Amateur car repair was my lockdown hobby and while a first year mechanic would scoff at my basic jobs but I educated myself on youtube. Th´d at DIY

My local clubs colours are everywhere.

Abu 😀😀😀😀

Also I love the Allez Allez chant

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't even know what that means... I can only picture a creep wearing only a dirty raincoat...

No. I'm not wearing a rain coat. Socks 😀😀

Where? 😁

In the living room 😀

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, someone with "bones" in their username...

Reminds me of something I read a when the Greek economy was tanking, a Greek tourist to Ireland wrote to local media saying how thrilled they were to see their flag flying in solidarity all over Ireland. While it was a gaa flag local to the area(Waterford I think) . The comment almost with out dissent decided to let them think it was their flag and not correct him on it.

*Both strange to see agreement and the single most Irish thing I had seen in print for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Happy that we are more tolerant of alternative life styles. Happy the church no longer holds such influence.

Post edited by wildwillow on

That we're nearly over the hump of the week and a step closer to the weekend. I don't think I've ever needed a weekend as much in my life. Roll on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Knockmealdowns in the distant on a frosty morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Beautiful photo.

I went to my local chocolate shop to place my order for Easter and the owner had already made it up ☺️ so sweet (pardon the pun).. I feel like a proper regular customer now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Bought myself a chicken fillet roll this morning. Brought it into work only to realise the price sticker said "Jambon: €1.90"

It's the little things.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A small bunch of fresh flowers and a new candle. I'm happy.

Found my favourite face mask! it was a fundraiser for charity and worked perfectly for my life, so happy to have it back.

• Advertisement

watching RTÉ Choice Music Prize on RTÉ2+ atm,,, Paul Noonan a legend ! TH the presenter Blathnaid Treacy... that closeup they do of her face - OOFF ! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just reading through one of the Threads in AH and the phrase “Bum Gun” is now stuck in my head, making me smile all day 😄

The road to work was flooded in lots of spots, but there was a gorgeous rainbow that ended smack bang in the middle of the lake. It put me in a good mood, even though it's Monday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,484 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Lisa Gerard will be joining Hans Zimmer in Dublin for his show this weekend!!!

I might finally get to experience Now We Are Free live 😁😁😁

Walking by one of the local schools yesterday. The kids were just starting to head back in after a break.

They were playing music, singing, shouting and waving flags. Some had faces painted, I think. It was so lovely to see and hear after the past two years of not being able to celebrate St Patrick's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

watching an old YouTube with John Lennon with the plastic Ono band doing a mad blues collaboration with Chuck Berry, that kinda gets ruined a bit by that mad attention seeker Yoko.. well, more then a bit ffs.

one comment that made me laugh … “ She has the voice of an angel...getting it's wings torn off.”

Perfect description…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

John does a good enough job on his own of ruining it. his singing is terrible.

The look on Chuck's face when Yoko chimed in made me laugh.So guess that is my TH.Thank you for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement