Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Many Irish journalists (particularly female journalists, Una M comes to mind) have written extensively about both the Ched Evans case and Ulster Rugby cases. They spat vitriol and indignation in every article. We should remember that in all likelyhood they were well aware of the case of the Nigerian footballer but chose to ignore it completely.

Absolutely. Writers like Una are unashamed about ignoring stories when itll piss off their fanbase or go against their personal agendas if the perpetrator was held to the same standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

She's still a kunt though so this thread can continue pointing out her sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Absolutely. Writers like Una are unashamed about ignoring stories when itll piss off their fanbase or go against their personal agendas if the perpetrator was held to the same standard

Hes gone that's the main thing. And not a minute too soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

ollkiller wrote: »
    Once again not a clue about economics. If you cut payments society will be far worse off.

You say the rest of my rambling's dosen't warrant a reply. Of course you won't reply. You wouldn't want to be seen be against the HPV vaccine or against gay marriage or be on the side of a person who says there is a cure for cancer. By any chance do you believe in chemtrails?

It's not about cutting payments it's about making them get jobs or they must work for their dole

I do not subscribe to anything that but job preaches. I never said I did. Iv been just giving out about dole heads and nothing more.

You are just making assumptions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You ran away from my questions

You still haven't stated whether or not you're a libertarian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

which people

are you people

are people being stopped talking about it

this sounds serious

Nobody is going to throw you in prison, not yet anyway. But people can be shut down by being afraid that expressing their views will affect their career, business etc.

Costs him nothing. Not even a cent. It's free money paid by the taxpayer.

Going back to your argument that unemployed pay tax. They don't. It's money given to them by the government going back to the government. Costs him nothing. He just gets free stuff out of it.
    Also free housing and healthcare.

All shouldered by those who bother get up every day

I think it's gas that people have this attitude, yet the loopholes that corporations use cost tax payers billions in euro, and they have no problem with that.

In effect, taxpayers are paying for corporations to hire people for billions.

People on the dole are small potatoes compared to how much corporations dodge taxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭enricoh

I think it's gas that people have this attitude, yet the loopholes that corporations use cost tax payers billions in euro, and they have no problem with that.

People on the dole are small potatoes compared to how much corporations dodge taxes!

People on the dole are small potatoes? Every dole head that doesn't want to do a tap wants the golden ticket that is the disability allowance. Its a fair portion of social welfare budget of 20bn. Also councils housing budgets, medical cards, homeless industry quangos etc etc.
    Sure, we can increase what corporations pay, but many will leave.
    The layabouts aint never leaving paradise!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's not about cutting payments it's about making them get jobs or they must work for their dole

I do not subscribe to anything that but job preaches. I never said I did. Iv been just giving out about dole heads and nothing more.

You are just making assumptions

Yes but it has been pointed out to you time and again that your suggestions are completely and utterly simplistic and and unworkable and sneeringly judgemental.

Your nasty horrible smug superior sneering attitude would soon chsnge if you were made redundant but yeah you go on there and continue ranting without ever properly understanding the real world around you

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

RustyNut wrote: »
    That's not really true now is it?

I think you quoted the wrong person to be fair

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

enricoh wrote: »
    People on the dole are small potatoes? Every dole head that doesn't want to do a tap wants the golden ticket that is the disability allowance. Its a fair portion of social welfare budget of 20bn. Also councils housing budgets, medical cards, homeless industry quangos etc etc.
    Sure, we can increase what corporations pay, but many will leave.
    The layabouts aint never leaving paradise!

We don’t have the most disabled workforce in europe for nathin.

Its like the lottery, laze about till youre 25 on the dole, women - have 3-4 kids by then and a free gaf in dublin near your ma, men - have a crash for cash accident and get 15k into your greasy palm for whiplash and end up on disability for a ‘back injury’ ,

Go to the bonus round and if your missus has a disabled kid because of non stop alcohol and drug abuse or smoking while preggers she can claim carers allowance forever.

Double jeopardy - he claims to be living in his aunts gaf in a seaside area of wexford and after 10-12 years gets a nice apartment down there to use as a holiday home all the while she claims lone parents allowance. Bonus points if one of you can get a free travel pass .

Added benefits :
    Immunity from fines as the court can only levy a 5er a week
    When you become an actual alcoholic from having all that time swilling cans to build a dependency that counts as a disability too.

And people like me have to pay for it all

Its amazing how you have people ranting and raving about how wonderful life is for people on the dole but when its suggested to them to give up everything to go on the dole if its so amazing and wonderful then suddenly their attitude changes. If they ever lost their jobs then their smug superior nasty hate filled attitudes would vastly change too.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Woops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Its been a long day. Apologies to Blueshoe, post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Its like the lottery, laze about till youre 25 on the dole, women - have 3-4 kids by then and a free gaf in dublin near your ma, men - have a crash for cash accident and get 15k into your greasy palm for whiplash and end up on disability for a ‘back injury’ ,

Go to the bonus round and if your missus has a disabled kid because of non stop alcohol and drug abuse or smoking while preggers she can claim carers allowance forever.

Double jeopardy - he claims to be living in his aunts gaf in a seaside area of wexford and after 10-12 years gets a nice apartment down there to use as a holiday home all the while she claims lone parents allowance. Bonus points if one of you can get a free travel pass .

Added benefits :
    When you become an actual alcoholic from having all that time swilling cans to build a dependency that counts as a disability too.

It would be like trying to get panda bears back on meat to bring that breed of genuine spongers back into work. I see them as being proportional to the productive part of society, they're just something we have to accept as part of large populations.

Added benefits :

You sound like a bastion of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,468 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

She really has lost the plot or trying to see how gullible people are with her latest rant about LED lights.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1143921679242059776

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Whatever happened to that €14 billion Apple tax ireland was forced to accept?

Get Gemma’s super sleuth skills on that one. She might be of some use there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

john4321 wrote: »
    She really has lost the plot or trying to see how gullible people are with her latest rant about LED lights.

Would you not watch her stream to see what she has to say

How can yous ridicule,whats not been said yet

Whatever happened to that €14 billion Apple tax ireland was forced to accept?

Get Gemma’s super sleuth skills on that one. She might be of some use there.

It's being held in an escrow account, while the govt pays millions to legal types to argue in court, that we shouldn't be made accept what we're owed.

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »

Are you taking the p1ss?

Its a photo sensor on top of the light. I dont need to listen to her conspiracy theories about it.

Odhinn wrote: »
    You still haven't stated whether or not you're a libertarian.

Iv answered about 4 times.

I don't know what a libertarian is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Are you taking the p1ss?

Its a photo sensor on top of the light. I dont need to listen to her conspiracy theories about it.

I know what photo sensor is

Dont see point in ridiculing it....at least before the live stream

Unless youve read the script for it.....how can you know ìts conspiracy theory....i believe everyone should be respected to at least make their point....before ridiculing it??

Hardly much to ask for

I agree. Doesn't give the dole merchants a free pass through

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I agree. Doesn't give the dole merchants a free pass through

Gemma herself is a dole merchant.

Gemma herself is a dole merchant.

I know. Parasite

• Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

_blaaz wrote: »

I've seen previous ones, i don't think this one will be any diffetent from the shìte she has spouted previously.

I'll tell you what, you watch it for us and bullet point all of the intellectual, factual and intetesting things she says and post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Eh no.

And the use of American style spelling e.g. “weaponized” offends me even more. Why are ranters or conspiracy theorists always so bad at presentation, spelling and grammar?

I've seen previous ones, i don't think this one will be any diffetent from the shìte she has spouted previously.

I'll tell you what, you watch it for us and bullet point all of the intellectual, factual and intetesting things she says and post them here.

To be honest if she told me today is Wednesday I would check the calendar. I won't be listening to how a light sensor on top of an LED streetlight is shooting microwaves at me and into me.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Eh no.

And the use of American style spelling e.g. “weaponized” offends me even more. Why are ranters or conspiracy theorists always so bad at presentation, spelling and grammar?

That's just the color and flavor of their behavior

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement