Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Odhinn wrote: »
    Are you a libertarian?

Are you a communist?

https://youtu.be/U06jlgpMtQs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Are you a communist?

https://youtu.be/U06jlgpMtQs

No. Are you a libertarian?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What happens if people on the dole get jobs instead of living on handouts?
    Tell us what happens to the economy

You appear to believe that taking the dole off everyone will miraculously give everyone jobs. Could you explain how that works exactly?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You appear to believe that taking the dole off everyone will miraculously give everyone jobs. Could you explain how that works exactly?

Ah don't be moving the goal posts now.
    Iv mentioned over and over again about people who do not contribute and will never contribute. Why don't they have to work for a living?
    Why are you okay with them living as parasites on your tax money?

Odhinn wrote: »
    No. Are you a libertarian?

No. Are you a communist?

• Advertisement

No. Are you a communist?

Tell me what a libertarian believes

Ah don't be moving the goal posts now.

Not moving any goalposts at all. You seem to think that taking everyone off the dole means everyone currently on the dole gets a job. I actually dont know how that works.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Not moving any goalposts at all. You seem to think that taking everyone off the dole means everyone currently on the dole gets a job. I actually dont know how that works.

That's not what I have repeatedly said.

That's not what I have repeatedly said.

In what way?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No. Somebody paying tax should get preference over someone paying no tax.
    Generally hospitals in Europe are run based on medical need, not tax status. Maybe you're confused and thinking about the US system, where you'll get charge $50k or so for having a baby.

You don't seem to understand anything about economics at all

If you cut dole this has a negative multiplier effect. The money that people on the dole spend in their local economy gets taken out. This means that less local jobs are created and less money is left over for workers. Workers then spend less. Their is then a general loss of demand in the economy, this means that less goods and services have to be produced, meaning job losses in the economy, lowering general workers overall income and effectively the cost saved in Dole payments will act as a massive negative stimulus to the economy. But yeah keep ranting and raving about feeloaders and parasites.
    Here's a good economic explanation from an economist.
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/06/25/michael-taft-those-ol-pro-cyclical-blues/

• Advertisement

Generally hospitals in Europe are run based on medical need, not tax status. Maybe you're confused and thinking about the US system, where you'll get charge $50k or so for having a baby.

Here's a good economic explanation from an economist.
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/06/25/michael-taft-those-ol-pro-cyclical-blues/

Back under your bed Renko

In what way?

Ask Renko he will read back through all of the posts

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Back under your bed Renko

Lets say out of the 4% unemployed 2% simply cannot work due to sickness. That leaves the 2% who won't work or justsimply cannot get a job due to circumstance, do you suggest just stopping payments tomorrow? How do they survive? How do they feed their children

Lets say out of the 4% unemployed 2% simply cannot work due to sickness. That leaves the 2% who won't work or justsimply cannot get a job due to circumstance, do you suggest just stopping payments tomorrow? How do they survive? How do they feed their children

Of course not. Iv never said that. Iv been saying that the must work. They must find jobs. No handouts for those who can't be arsed. The schemes such as where they must pick up litter around the town are great but are only for a year or 6 months them it's back to sleeping in and free money. They should be put on those schemes indefinitely doing the most horrible crappy embarrassing work.
    If they don't like it then they should go get a real job.

Those in the scheme should only be long term dole heads. Say 2 years on the dole and it's a scheme for you buddy.

This is only for long term non contributors who do nothing but have the hand out for everything.

Disabled people or those who have somewhat recently lost their jobs are genuine cases

Of course not. Iv never said that. Iv been saying that the must work. They must find jobs. No handouts for those who can't be arsed. The schemes such as where they must pick up litter around the town are great but are only for a year or 6 months them it's back to sleeping in and free money. They should be put on those schemes indefinitely doing the most horrible crappy embarrassing work.
    If they don't like it then they should go get a real job

So your brilliant idea is to degrade and humiliate them?
    Those in the scheme should only be long term dole heads. Say 2 years on the dole and it's a scheme for you buddy.

This is only for long term non contributors who do nothing but have the hand out for everything.

Disabled people or those who have somewhat recently lost their jobs are genuine cases

What about a single mother or father? What about someone with say 8 kids who would lose money by working?

No. Are you a communist?

I answered the question already.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110529015&postcount=274

Evidently a failure to recognise information that conflicts with your worldview is a problem you need to attend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If they don't like it then they should go get a real job.
    Here's a mad idea - let's create decent jobs for the 'most horrible crappy embarrasing work' and maybe people can have a job with just a little bit of dignity too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Those that can't work are on disability allowances. Last time I looked that was about 5%, and is not included in the 5.4% unemployment rate.

So your brilliant idea is to degrade and humiliate them?

What about a single mother or father? What about someone with say 8 kids who would lose money by working?

I'll row back on that a touch
    Picking up litter around the town or mowing lawns on council property. Things like that. Have them start at 8 am until 530 pm 5 days a week. Work for their dole.
    Nothing for free.

Do you have a problem with that?

Single parents can work at least part time. Plenty do it. Don't belittle their efforts with your rubbish.

8 children! Not too common in this day and age

Here's a mad idea - let's create decent jobs for the 'most horrible crappy embarrasing work' and maybe people can have a job with just a little bit of dignity too?

Let's not. They get enough handouts. Time to roll up the sleeves and make your own way in the world like the rest of us have to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

There were a few scruffy oinions from anticoruptionireland outside RTE....protesting what , god knows.

Picking up litter around the town or mowing lawns on council property. Things like that. Have them start at 8 am until 530 pm 5 days a week. Work for their dole.
    Nothing for free.

And when do they find time to look for a job? :confused:
    Do you have a problem with that?

Single parents can work at least part time. Plenty do it. Don't belittle their efforts with your rubbish.

8 children! Not too common in this day and age

So a single mother with a 6 mont nold child can still work on your degrading humiliation community service scheme?

There were a few scruffy oinions from anticoruptionireland outside RTE....protesting what , god knows.

The Gemmaroids at it again?

Let's not. They get enough handouts. Time to roll up the sleeves and make your own way in the world like the rest of us have to do

Is there some reason you can't answer a simple question? Are you a libertarian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The Gemmaroids at it again?
    Yeah..no mention of chemtrails. unicorns or people from RTE being on 80k an hour though..

Nothing for free.

And when do they find time to look for a job? :confused:

So a single mother with a 6 mont nold child can still work on your degrading humiliation community service scheme?

Has she ever worked before? Any prsi contributions?

How did she survive before she became pregnant?

Working for the dole. Oh how mean and evil
    Picking up litter etc is inhumane. Sitting at home and watching TV all day is best

Has she ever worked before? Any prsi contributions?

How did she survive before she became pregnant?

Working for the dole. Oh how mean and evil
    Picking up litter etc is inhumane. Sitting at home and watching TV all day is best

You must have grown up in a well off home, you sound like Boris Johnson on speed. Thankfully the likes of you will never get into power.

You must have grown up in a well off home, you sound like Boris Johnson on speed. Thankfully the likes of you will never get into power.

You ran away from my questions

You ran away from my questions

Says the poster refusing to answer a question how many times now?

• Advertisement

Says the poster refusing to answer a question how many times now?

Did you see the UN Human rights report about the Tus Scheme?

You ran and hid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement