Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Monife wrote: »

Funny thing is, I am thinking jogging might not be for me, but I WANT it to be!! I would love to be fit and able to jog for 30 minutes.

A 5k brisk walk will burn about as many calories as a 5k slow jog, so even if you are walking most of the distance of your C25k, you're still doing great! I'd LOVE to be able to do that much exercise. I have arthritis in my knees and a 30 minute brisk walk (about 2.5k) really takes it out of me, and the fact that I'm not in the least bit fit! I still try and get out at least 3 times a week though. I'd love to get a bike (as recommended by Pembily!), as it would be great for my knees, but I just can't afford it at the moment and I think if I did get it the novelty would wear off pretty quickly. At least walking is free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Monife wrote: »
    Went out to do week 5 day 2 of the couch to 5k which consists of 5 minute warm up walk, 8 minute jog, 5 minute walk, 8 minute jog and then 5 minute cool down walk and well, I failed miserably!!! :(

Was in an ok mood and felt ready to go out. Started the first 8 minute run and I am disgusted with myself that I could only do about 90 seconds and then I stopped and walked until the next 8 minute run (when your one on the podcast tells me to run) and thought to myself, I would be really happy if I could even manage 1 8 minute run. So she tells me to start running again, and that time I only managed about 2 and a half minutes. :(

I don't know what is wrong with me. It didn't help that I felt like such a fat blob bounding (very very slowly) down the path along side all the skinny people and they were all passing me out with just their fast walk :(

I feel like such a failure and am starting to think maybe jogging isn't for me. :(

Monife, if I can jog, ANYONE can jog! I have severe asthma which I've used for the whole of my life to pretty much avoid strenuous activity :o But then last year, I just got it into my head that I can do it! So started out jogging slowly and I mean SLOWLY, there were ppl walking faster than I was running :o But now I'm ok and can run for an hour without stopping :) It also just depends on the day, some days I could run for an hour and be grand, other days, 20 mins and I feel like dying! And don't worry about what you look like when you are out jogging, I've realised that everyone else is too caught up in their own selves to be worried about what anyone else is doing or looks like :)
    Thanks Bubbaloo :) I am only under my daily allowance when I subtract my activity points - I thought it was ok not to eat those if you dont want to. My mum also goes to WW and her leader told her not to touch her weeklies either - are different leaders taking different stances on that?

Well I said to my leader one day after a really good week and not such a good loss that I hadn't used my weeklies and she was like "Why, they are their to be used", so now I always use some of them. Have never used them all but would sometimes use half of them at the weekend - they keep me sane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks everyone for your great advice.

Am in a great mood today :D Was bopping along in the car blaring the music on the way to work :)

Re: the weeklies - I always use mine without fail every week, if I don't use all/most of them, I always use at least half or a bit more. I don't know how people couldn't. I get my main meals and a snack or 2 out of my dailies but if you want anything extra like a cheeky dessert or small takeaway or few drinkies, you have to use the weeklies, they are a lifesaver. I wouldn't stick to the plan if they weren't there, I don't like depriving myself of anything and love my few drinks and nibbles at the weekend.

Have my WI tonight but weighed myself this morning and I'm pretty much the same as last week give or talk half a pound :mad: I'm so pissed off. The last two weeks I've tried really hard besides a couple of MINOR slip ups and it's just not showing. I just feel like giving up at this stage. I couldn't be arsed going to my meeting tonight and paying €10 just to be told a crap result :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Think about next week Ibarelycare. Since you have been so good this week and it's not showing it's gotta show on the scales next week.

Even if you dont want to go today, dont go on a foodie rampage :D or you'll wreck it. You've done so well - keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Lainy just fill the bun cases with a big spoonful of the mixture and if there is some left over i just add it to any of the smaller ones :) the mixture should make 12. hth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Have my WI tonight but weighed myself this morning and I'm pretty much the same as last week give or talk half a pound :mad: I'm so pissed off. The last two weeks I've tried really hard besides a couple of MINOR slip ups and it's just not showing. I just feel like giving up at this stage. I couldn't be arsed going to my meeting tonight and paying €10 just to be told a crap result :(

don't you dare think of quiting on me ye hear :)

we all have slip ups , sure i had take away after last weeks meeting and again on friday , just forget the bad day you have and get cracking on the next

i expect my pm later with your weight for the league and who knows you may be surprised , dont eat anything till after your weigh in , thats what i do when i think i havnt lost anything , not good i know but if for that 1 day it helps do it :)

Think about next week Ibarelycare. Since you have been so good this week and it's not showing it's gotta show on the scales next week.

Even if you dont want to go today, dont go on a foodie rampage :D or you'll wreck it. You've done so well - keep it up.

I thought I'd a good week last week though and only lost half a lb so expected it might show this week, but it obviously hasn't :(
    [/B]

don't you dare think of quiting on me ye hear :)

we all have slip ups , sure i had take away after last weeks meeting and again on friday , just forget the bad day you have and get cracking on the next

i expect my pm later with your weight for the league and who knows you may be surprised , dont eat anything till after your weigh in , thats what i do when i think i havnt lost anything , not good i know but if for that 1 day it helps do it :)

I didn't even have a bad DAY, I'd only a bad hour or something, and when I calculated, I didn't even go over my weeklies! Gah!

Yeah I had my breakfast but just going to have fruit for lunch and hope for the best.

Sorry for the moaning :o

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

awww dont be disheartened. I used to use my scales at home to give me an idea but i found it was unpredictable and its a ww one!! One wk my scales showed i had sts and i was really dreading going to WI but i did and was down 3lbs :eek: so dont trust your own scales. go to your meeting girl cos you never know :) and even if you do sts then tomorrow is the start of your new wk :)

I thought I'd a good week last week though and only lost half a lb so expected it might show this week, but it obviously hasn't :(

I didn't even have a bad DAY, I'd only a bad hour or something, and when I calculated, I didn't even go over my weeklies! Gah!

Yeah I had my breakfast but just going to have fruit for lunch and hope for the best.

Sorry for the moaning :o

well some weeks even tho u didnt go over points u could stay the same and then lose big the week after , were all in the same boat

• Advertisement

jackmax wrote: »
    awww dont be disheartened. I used to use my scales at home to give me an idea but i found it was unpredictable and its a ww one!! One wk my scales showed i had sts and i was really dreading going to WI but i did and was down 3lbs :eek: so dont trust your own scales. go to your meeting girl cos you never know :) and even if you do sts then tomorrow is the start of your new wk :)

Thanks :) My scales is definitely out, I'm never the same on that as I am on the WW one, but I know the difference. The one at home is about 2lbs over the one in class.

*sigh*

Anyway you're right. No point in giving up. Thanks for the motivation everyone!

Thanks :) My scales is definitely out, I'm never the same on that as I am on the WW one, but I know the difference. The one at home is about 2lbs over the one in class.

*sigh*

Anyway you're right. No point in giving up. Thanks for the motivation everyone!

well there ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It's easy when you lose weight but the fact you keep at it when you don't lose or go up is way harder but you can do it, and you will see a result!!!! Keep at it, you never know you could be down at the WI!!! I would suggest not weighin in before your WI, it will acutally harm your weight loss!!!

Ironically when I am down weight I am more focused but when I am up all I wanna do is eat and eat and sabbotage myself... Don't be so hard on yourself!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Do you have a really good friend you trust in? invest in really really good digital scales, SALTER ones are great. expensive...but they are accurate!

and set the scales up at her place...and give her full permission to kick you ass if you miss your "WI" at her house..

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8325732/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

when i got these scales about 18 months ago they were 80.00!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Do you have a really good friend you trust in? invest in really really good digital scales, SALTER ones are great. expensive...but they are accurate!

and set the scales up at her place...and give her full permission to kick you ass if you miss your "WI" at her house..

I've gotten over my little strop and I am going to go to my meeting. My boyfriend is really supportive (and very useful, he's studied diet and nutrition so is a mine of knowledge!) and he told me I didn't need to go to my meetings, I knew what I was doing and just to do it myself. But I KNOW I'd fail if I did it that way. I need the meeting!

This thread really is invaluable, I don't know what I'd do without it :D

I've gotten over my little strop and I am going to go to my meeting. My boyfriend is really supportive (and very useful, he's studied diet and nutrition so is a mine of knowledge!) and he told me I didn't need to go to my meetings, I knew what I was doing and just to do it myself. But I KNOW I'd fail if I did it that way. I need the meeting!

This thread really is invaluable, I don't know what I'd do without it :D

thats great you have support from your bf,

My last ex was a demon! the things he'd say! I'm amazed i stuck with ww (and him)! "are you eating....again?" my confidence was low low low back then, i settled for his crap! thank god only lasted few months before i started snapped out of it!....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

I just got the couch to 5k app...gonna try it to-night when I bring the dog out.
    I have a hungry worm to-day, all I want to do is eat :p

thats great you have support from your bf,

My last ex was a demon! the things he'd say! I'm amazed i stuck with ww (and him)! "are you eating....again?" my confidence was low low low back then, i settled for his crap! thank god only lasted few months before i started snapped out of it!....

What an asshole. That's the LAST thing you need. My sister can be like that too. She did WW a few years ago and lost a good bit of weight and she eats very healthily. If she's at home when I'm cooking I'll see her eyeing up what I'm making and if it doesn't look too healthy she'll go "So, how's WW going?" nearly in a snide way :mad:

The last time I was doing WW I was with my ex, and he decided to do it too because he wanted to lose bout 2 stone. It was great at the start, however I then started to realise we were detrimental to each other! We spent a lot of time together so we'd end up going "Ah sure let's get a takeaway, we might as well both be bad together!" My current bf doesn't really like takeaways or eating out that much, he prefers cooking which is great. He looks at my tracker every week and points out if there's anywhere I can improve. God I realise that sounds like he's really controlling...he's not! I ask him to do that because I know he knows what type of foods are good for you! I'm so grateful for it because I know with him not being a fan of junkfood, I'm very rarely ever tempted by it (unless he's hungover and I watch him pigging out in Eddie Rockets while I have salad :(:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Joining WW's tonight and really excited about it. I lost about 1 stone a year ago on the old plan, but this will be my first time doing the new Pro Points Plan! My (soon to be) sister in-law just recently reached her goal and looks amazing so she's been really inspirational. Great to see so much support on here too...

I'd love to lose about 2 stone, I am getting married in November so that's motivation if I ever needed it!! :-D

Will report back on how I'm getting on!! Let's do this thing!!!

lizlemon wrote: »
    Joining WW's tonight and really excited about it. I lost about 1 stone a year ago on the old plan, but this will be my first time doing the new Pro Points Plan! My (soon to be) sister in-law just recently reached her goal and looks amazing so she's been really inspirational. Great to see so much support on here too...

I'd love to lose about 2 stone, I am getting married in November so that's motivation if I ever needed it!! :-D

Will report back on how I'm getting on!! Let's do this thing!!!

WELCOME!

theres a few brides to be on here...so plenty of motivation :D

• Advertisement

I have a craving for chicken fajitas to-night. Does anyone have a nice low pp recipie that I could steal?

brightstar wrote: »
    I have a craving for chicken fajitas to-night. Does anyone have a nice low pp recipie that I could steal?

yep :)

Chicken Fillet (164g ) 4pp
    1 x Pepper 0 pp
    1 x Onion 0 pp
    1 x Pack of Mushrooms 0 pp
    1 x Tin Chopped Tomatoes 0 pp
    1 x Tin of Tomatoe Puree 0 pp
    1 x Old El Paso BBQ mix 3 pp ( for whole pack ) so use what you like
    1 x Pack Flour Tortillas ( Old El Paso ones ) 4 pp each
    1 x Jar Jalepenos ( take as many as u like ) 0 pp
    1 x Spoon Chilli Powder 0 pp

1. cut chicken into small pieces , cook till completely white all over
    2. throw in the BBQ Mix and stir
    3. Throw in the Veg and stir , Pour in Chopped tomatoes , Puree , then
    Spoon of Chilli Powder , mix it all around and leave it to simmer for 25
    mins till juices evaporate a bit
    4. then serve with jalepeno's
    5. eat it = Mouth Gasm

im having them tonight :)

yep :)

Chicken Fillet (164g ) 4pp
    1 x Pepper 0 pp
    1 x Onion 0 pp
    1 x Pack of Mushrooms 0 pp
    1 x Tin Chopped Tomatoes 0 pp
    1 x Tin of Tomatoe Puree 0 pp
    1 x Old El Paso BBQ mix 3 pp ( for whole pack ) so use what you like
    1 x Pack Flour Tortillas ( Old El Paso ones ) 4 pp each
    1 x Jar Jalepenos ( take as many as u like ) 0 pp
    1 x Spoon Chilli Powder 0 pp

1. cut chicken into small pieces , cook till completely white all over
    2. throw in the BBQ Mix and stir
    3. Throw in the Veg and stir , Pour in Chopped tomatoes , Puree , then
    Spoon of Chilli Powder , mix it all around and leave it to simmer for 25
    mins till juices evaporate a bit
    4. then serve with jalepeno's
    5. eat it = Mouth Gasm

im having them tonight :)

Tortillas only 4pp....so getting me a pack of those tomorrow! i've been looking low pp wrap/tortillas everywhere...always coming out at about 6pp which i think is way too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Tortillas only 4pp....so getting me a pack of those tomorrow! i've been looking low pp wrap/tortillas everywhere...always coming out at about 6pp which i think is way too much!

The little ones are 4....the large ones are 6...WW ones are 3.

Yay thanks so much am off to get the spice mix at lunch...delish!

misslt wrote: »

sorry i meant to say little , still about 10" in size ( doesnt sound good lol )

the ww are useless , they rip open just as you eat , may aswell you kitchen towl if thats the best they can do

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

m'lady wrote: »
    Oh my god I have a very similar dream! I dream of meeting my friends who live a good bit away from me now and being a size 10! I can see their faces now... heaven!
    Same as that.

My best friend is a size 8 with 32DD bra size. I look like the Michelin man next to her.

Another friend is 5'10 and a size 6. We both accidentally bought the same dress in Penneys one day. You can imagine how that turned out. (In fairness, it doesn't look too bad on me - floaty, so it covers a multitude :p)

Another girl (wouldn't really call her a friend) is about a 14-16 maybe, but dresses like she's a 10. We both joined WW last year together and she made such a point of losing more weight than me and rubbing my face in it. I haven't told her I've re-joined (and am actually doing well) as she'll try to drag me down again. A secret (immature) dream I have is going back to college in September and wearing something drop dead gorgeous and totally looking better than her :p

I used to be small, I was a 10-12 when I started college Sept 09 and have so many lovely clothes from when I started my job and had loads of money (no expenses as I was still in school and living at home) that I can't wear any more, and that's what I'm really looking forward to - being able to wear them and not feel like a fat person trying to be a thin person.

I have one dress that I've only worn once and I adore it, it's hanging on the front of my wardrobe as my inspiration, I see it every day and think I want to wear that!!

Sorry for rambling, I do that :p

Oh this is funny, brings back such memories, its funny what drives us ladies....

I remember random college housemates (random housmates, we didnt know each other!) of mine always looking stunning in their tiny 8s and 10s dresses on nites out. Some of them had a tendancy to be very patronising towards my weight, I was a size 16 at the time (probably more an 18 but I was in denial at the time)...they would make terrible crude remarks without even noticing, and dont even get me started on their boy friends that called over - one even asked one night when i was due!! So I decided there and then that Summer I was goin to get my act together and show them all!!
    I joined ww in June 2008 and was determined to reach goal by the time I had to head back to college at the end of sept 2008. I had 2 and a half stone to loose to get to goal. :rolleyes:

Same as you misslit, I used to be a skinny thing until I started college, I had a fab dress that I wore for my LC grad and was determined to fit back into it. It wasnt easy and at times I felt like packing it all in but just the rude comments and the thought of fitting into the dress and seeing their smug faces drop spurred me on.

I reached my goal mid september....and believe me when I say, I feeling of utter satisfaction when I saw the look on their faces after not seeing them for 4 months beats the taste of all the chocolate you could eat hands down. So keep working at it girls, believe me, there is no feeling like being fit and looking healthy....or the looks on certain peoples faces!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I had my WI this morning, but couldn't stay for my meeting (first one I've missed) because my daughter was singing in the feis this morning & I wanted to see her. (She didn't win anything). I was 1.5lbs UP:(. Don't know what happened because I haven't done anything different than usual & still have 17 weeklies left. Maybe it was the breakfast because I don't usually have one before WI, but I had to go straight to the feis, so wouldn't have had time afterwards.

Our class is off next Tues for Easter, but I think I might go to one on Wed to stay on track because I will miss the week after when I'm in France. I have a pretty heavy week of eating coming up - kids birthday party Thurs, going to stay with my inlaws in Tipperary for Easter so will be very well fed, another kids birthday party on Easter Sunday & then back home for my friend's 40th on Easter Monday. I usually don't have much on, so don't know how I'll survive all that in 1 week:eek:. And lent will be over, so I suppose I will take a drink or 2! Then I'm off to Disneyland Paris the week after with my 2 girls (going on my own with them as my husband is working, so will be very stressed) so more bad food. Definitely think I will need to make it to a meeting next week to stay focused.

Going to drink loads of water (haven't been too good at that lately) to see if I can flush out the mystery 1.5lbs before the weekend.

Good luck everyone with WIs today & hope you can all get out to enjoy the good weather & earn some extra activity points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lettuce leaves are 0 pp and are a great wrap :):):D:):D

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    Lettuce leaves are 0 pp and are a great wrap :):):D:):D

I love fajitas but I can't justify making them because I'd easily eat 3 wraps! (12 pp for wraps alone!!) I think I'll try them with lettuce leaves though. Do you just buy a head of lettuce and separate the leaves?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement