Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Elemis wrote: »
    I think that was me who posted the carrot soup, glad you like it :) It's lovely and thick and most importantly zero points!

Thanks everyone for the help and advice, as regards using the pool on hols, my husband suggested the same thing, I'm not a great swimmer but he reckons as long as i'm moving it's a start! and he also suggested treading water? Mightn't be a bad idea to do in the sea??

As for the alcohol, with a 3 and a half yr old I don't get to do much drinking and it doesn't bother me in the slightest so won't have to worry about using points for that. I def will be buying some fruit for breakfast, it always tastes nicer in the sun, and maybe if I am really good for lunch with fish and salad then in the evening I could splash out on the carbs..

Looking forward to it but just feeling a dip in motivation this week, I suppose its because I am two months in..

your only human! the dip happens to all of us, at least once or twice a week i feel like "oh whats the point" but the next morning when i feel the jeans a little looser, or the belt going to the next hole....it all comes back to me...

i'm going on....16 months at it :O i should be further along....but for about 6 months between the mother of all platues and college i lost nothing ( i actually gained like a stone back) :O

but currently 36lbs down hopeing to hit 80lbs down by xmas! (and even then i still wont even be close to goal)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    your only human! the dip happens to all of us, at least once or twice a week i feel like "oh whats the point" but the next morning when i feel the jeans a little looser, or the belt going to the next hole....it all comes back to me...

i'm going on....16 months at it :O i should be further along....but for about 6 months between the mother of all platues and college i lost nothing ( i actually gained like a stone back) :O

but currently 36lbs down hopeing to hit 80lbs down by xmas! (and even then i still wont even be close to goal)

That's a fantastic weight loss so far lainy,you must be so proud of yourself! I'm the exact same, I've a big goal of losing two stone by Christmas, that would be just about 3 stone in total, I think I'd be then happy to maintain that weight, even though by ww table I could be anything between 6.8 and 8.2 stone, I'd never be 6 stone something! My daughter who is petite and is ten years old is 4.5 stone!

m'lady wrote: »
    That's a fantastic weight loss so far lainy,you must be so proud of yourself! I'm the exact same, I've a big goal of losing two stone by Christmas, that would be just about 3 stone in total, I think I'd be then happy to maintain that weight, even though by ww table I could be anything between 6.8 and 8.2 stone, I'd never be 6 stone something! My daughter who is petite and is ten years old is 4.5 stone!

I just aim for the next silver 7...and i celebrate every single one like it is my goal! At my next silver 7 will be 3 stone! At 2st 8.5lbs down at the moment!
    Would love to hit 3 stone before end of exams... would be a great start to my summer :D

Some BMI charts say i should be at the most 8st ! HA! dear god....not a hope in hell i'll ever be that...it would not suit my frame at all cos i'm naturally stocky.

I'm aiming for about 11 - 11.5, and with that I want to be lean and toned and physcially fit so it'll be muscle weight :) I wanna get healthy not just slender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Elemis thanks a mil!! I'm not a big veg eater and I've tried other soups and none of them did it for me but I LOVE the carrot soup. Probably because carrots are the only veg I eat :o

It's only natural that you will from time to time feel demotivated. But the main thing is to get back up and keep going. I've been at this 7 months and I've lost 21.5 lbs. Which is a lot but it isn't at the same time. I've hit a MAJOR plateau at the moment but I don't care when the last 2 stone comes off as long as it does. I did have goals set out but I was never reaching them and it made me feel depressed so I'm just going to take a lb at a time. Enjoy your hols. They are there to relax you. Just make good food choices and it will go a long way :)

I just aim for the next silver 7...and i celebrate every single one like it is my goal! At my next silver 7 will be 3 stone! At 2st 8.5lbs down at the moment!
    Would love to hit 3 stone before end of exams... would be a great start to my summer :D

Some BMI charts say i should be at the most 8st ! HA! dear god....not a hope in hell i'll ever be that...it would not suit my frame at all cos i'm naturally stocky.

I'm aiming for about 11 - 11.5, and with that I want to be lean and toned and physcially fit so it'll be muscle weight :) I wanna get healthy not just slender

I'm the same, I'd like to be curvey in the right places, and am delighted to see that starting to happen ever so slightly. You must be small in height like me ?

• Advertisement

I'm the same, I'd like to be curvey in the right places, and am delighted to see that starting to happen ever so slightly. You must be small in height like me ?

I'm about 5.3...on a good day LMAO :P so i'd really like to be light enough to wear heals comfortably....i'm also in that really awkward height of between "short" and "standard" jeans! standard are smidge long and short are too short LOL

I'm about 5.3...on a good day LMAO :P so i'd really like to be light enough to wear heals comfortably....i'm also in that really awkward height of between "short" and "standard" jeans! standard are smidge long and short are too short LOL

I'm the exact same, that's why 'wonder web' is always in my house,to turn up standard size jeans etc!

Have to say I'd be pretty happy if I got to 9 stone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oceanbunny

Hi There,

I was on old points a few years ago - and they worked well for me - and even the maintenance worked well for me. In the last few years - lifestyle changes means that I have put about 2 stone and very uncomfortable with it and almost all of my wardrobe dosen't fit.

So need to do something - was thinking of re-joining ww - but the propoints thing really didn't click with me before, when i tried it online. Also I do think it's really expensive in ireland compared to the ww prices in the uk.

So my question is - are all of you attending meetings? how do you find pro-points- anyone just doing old points- is theer any good website out there similar to old propoints- not calories counting?

thanks for yer help - seriously need to move out of this feeling fat and manky space at the moment.

s

Oceanbunny wrote: »
    Hi There,

I was on old points a few years ago - and they worked well for me - and even the maintenance worked well for me. In the last few years - lifestyle changes means that I have put about 2 stone and very uncomfortable with it and almost all of my wardrobe dosen't fit.

So need to do something - was thinking of re-joining ww - but the propoints thing really didn't click with me before, when i tried it online. Also I do think it's really expensive in ireland compared to the ww prices in the uk.

So my question is - are all of you attending meetings? how do you find pro-points- anyone just doing old points- is theer any good website out there similar to old propoints- not calories counting?

thanks for yer help - seriously need to move out of this feeling fat and manky space at the moment.

s

I'm doing it online with the new proponts system, and i use this board as my support network...its like a 24/7 meeting.

I'm loving the propoints i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Forgot to attach pic :P

Its just THAT good....haha sad i know

I'm STUFFED :O

that looks really gorg!! maybe you said this already but can i ask what pizza is that?? and how you made the wedges?? how many pp in wedges??

• Advertisement

Jewow wrote: »
    that looks really gorg!! maybe you said this already but can i ask what pizza is that?? and how you made the wedges?? how many pp in wedges??

Its Layla0509 wedges recipe, All the credit goes to her!

I'm on a pretty high pp daily allowance, so i kinda made a huge portion

400g baby potatos boiled, then quartered, sprayed with low cal spray oil then seasoned, i used paprike, then baked in top shelf of the oven for about 15 - 20 mins. 400g baby potatos = 8pp

The pizza, i got aldi, Carlos Primovera Stone Baked Pizza, The pizza cooks in about 15 - 20 mins, so wedges and pizza ready at same time :)

Oven about 180C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Oceanbunny wrote: »
    Hi There,

s

First of all welcome to the thread :) You'll probably find that people will have different answers to you questions as weight loss is a personal thing and people have different preferences. You may need to do a trial and error to find out what suits you best.

I attend a meeting as it keeps me on the straight and narrow. If I was weighing myself in I know I wouldn't be as disciplined. I'd probably say oh well it's only a lb this week, next week will be different.

I've found pro points difficult. I haven't lost weight since Jan. SO I switched back to the old system but that hasn't help either so my problem is the pro points. I am now back on pro points after having a talk with my leader. I'm only on day 2 since the switch back and for some reason I seem to be managing it much better this time around.

My advice is if you decide to join a class then try pro points. You may find it different having the support of a leader and there is much more information available about it now. If you decide to do it by yourself maybe stick to what you know and just do the old plan.

HTH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm the exact same, that's why 'wonder web' is always in my house,to turn up standard size jeans etc!

Have to say I'd be pretty happy if I got to 9 stone ;)

Same as that - I'm 5'2.5" and please don't forget the half :p

My goal according to WW is 9st 5, however I haven't been that since I was about 15, and was very undernourished at the time :)

I'm quite well built, so I'll never be a size 6 kinda thing, If I can get back into a size 10 I'll be completely thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

misslt wrote: »

My goal according to WW is 9st 5, however I haven't been that since I was about 15, and was very undernourished at the time :)

I'm quite well built, so I'll never be a size 6 kinda thing, If I can get back into a size 10 I'll be completely thrilled!
    my goal was 9st5 too according to ww but i told the leader i'll never be that,,so we settled on 9 st 11 and reached 9st 10 last week:D

Eabhabear wrote: »
    First of all welcome to the thread :) You'll probably find that people will have different answers to you questions as weight loss is a personal thing and people have different preferences. You may need to do a trial and error to find out what suits you best.

I attend a meeting as it keeps me on the straight and narrow. If I was weighing myself in I know I wouldn't be as disciplined. I'd probably say oh well it's only a lb this week, next week will be different.

I've found pro points difficult. I haven't lost weight since Jan. SO I switched back to the old system but that hasn't help either so my problem is the pro points. I am now back on pro points after having a talk with my leader. I'm only on day 2 since the switch back and for some reason I seem to be managing it much better this time around.

My advice is if you decide to join a class then try pro points. You may find it different having the support of a leader and there is much more information available about it now. If you decide to do it by yourself maybe stick to what you know and just do the old plan.

HTH :D

Maybe this time round pro points is working for you cos YOU decided to go on pro points, where as back in january...you werent really given a say and just told to switch over :) Frame of mind is huge part of it....hope it goes well for ya this time round :D

tantipie wrote: »
    my goal was 9st5 too according to ww but i told the leader i'll never be that,,so we settled on 9 st 11 and reached 9st 10 last week:D

Well done on getting to goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Can anyone think of/recommend any snacks that don't have carbs in them and that are not fruit?

From today, on my low carb kick (only carbs with dinner) and I have eaten all the sugarfree jelly pots I bought (oops, 2 yesterday, 2 today) so now there is none for work.

Fruit salad with yoghurt for brekkie, grapes and yoghurt for 11am break and then chicken salad for lunch. Don't want to eat anymore yoghurt than above and have been trying to rack my brain of low point, low carb (non fruit/veg) snacks but can't think of any.

Yeah the goal WW set for me is 9stone 9lb (i'm 5ft3"), could never imagine being that and can't even think of when I was that, first time I was weighed (to the best of my knowledge) was my early teens and I was near 14 stone then. Always thought I would like to be around 10 stone and a half, so when I get to that I might ask to reduce the goal if I don't think I need to lose anymore.

Monife wrote: »
    Can anyone think of/recommend any snacks that don't have carbs in them and that are not fruit?

From today, on my low carb kick (only carbs with dinner) and I have eaten all the sugarfree jelly pots I bought (oops, 2 yesterday, 2 today) so now there is none for work.

Fruit salad with yoghurt for brekkie, grapes and yoghurt for 11am break and then chicken salad for lunch. Don't want to eat anymore yoghurt than above and have been trying to rack my brain of low point, low carb (non fruit/veg) snacks but can't think of any.

Look up Atkins sites, there bount to have loads to snack suggestions...but nearly every single food has carbs....

all i can think of is a prawns, boiled eggs, 1/2 a chicken breast diced up with seasoning

tantipie wrote: »

Wow, well done! How long did it take and if you don't mind my asking how much did you lose?
    Yeah the goal WW set for me is 9stone 9lb (i'm 5ft3"), could never imagine being that and can't even think of when I was that, first time I was weighed (to the best of my knowledge) was my early teens and I was near 14 stone then. Always thought I would like to be around 10 stone and a half, so when I get to that I might ask to reduce the goal if I don't think I need to lose anymore.

Yeah 10st sounds good to me. I was 14st 3 last monday at WI so I'm not even thinking about getting there yet, I'll wait till I get a bit closer :p It's my long term goal, my short to medium term goal is get back into a 14 (I'd say I'm a 16 now, all my clothes are 18's and waaaay to big on me, but I refuse to buy more until I'm at least a 14)!

I think I weigh more than my clothes size if that makes sense, I was reading an article about a woman who was 15st 1 (I was 15st 3 when I joined WW) and was a 22 - I don't know if she's the exception or I am!

It's such a good feeling having my clothes be too big - I've spent too long having them just a shade too small :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi All!

I'm so proud of myself this weekend - even though I had the perfect opportunity to go nuts and eat all around me, I was actually very good! OH didn't get me a birthday cake which I was annoyed about on Friday but in hindsight, I'm so glad he didn't - there was no temptation, so was able to stick to my 29 dailies. Then yesterday we went out for a meal, where I did go a bit bold and have starter, main course and dessert plus a glass of wine AND a vodka but I did go for an 8k run yesterday afternoon in anticipation! Then got up this am and went for a 2.5k walk. Have only used 25pp so far and am just back from my second 2.5k walk of the day - it's so nice out, I couldn't resist getting out of the house! So now I'm going to go get ready for work and do my best to resist eating any biscuits! I've noticed that Sunday nights have become the nights that I tend to binge out on so I'm doing everything in my power to resist. Really want to break that trend and also really want to get rid of the 1.5lbs I put on last week! :)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Hi All!

I'm so proud of myself this weekend - even though I had the perfect opportunity to go nuts and eat all around me, I was actually very good! OH didn't get me a birthday cake which I was annoyed about on Friday but in hindsight, I'm so glad he didn't - there was no temptation, so was able to stick to my 29 dailies. Then yesterday we went out for a meal, where I did go a bit bold and have starter, main course and dessert plus a glass of wine AND a vodka but I did go for an 8k run yesterday afternoon in anticipation! Then got up this am and went for a 2.5k walk. Have only used 25pp so far and am just back from my second 2.5k walk of the day - it's so nice out, I couldn't resist getting out of the house! So now I'm going to go get ready for work and do my best to resist eating any biscuits! I've noticed that Sunday nights have become the nights that I tend to binge out on so I'm doing everything in my power to resist. Really want to break that trend and also really want to get rid of the 1.5lbs I put on last week! :)

thats great that you'v identified a pattern :) Knock back a load of water...fill your stomach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Oceanbunny

thanks ladies for the advice- might have to decide if i need the naming and shaming of attending a class or can go it alone again.

very strange.....i'm not hungery today at all....

i've been on the go all day....did 3 loads of laundry, and 3.5km on the treadmill, i've had breakie, lunch and dinner, and still have 9 of my dailies left :O

only just finished my dinner now....so cant my self being Starving later!

I also made two batches of banana muffins :) might have 1 mini one with a skinny mocha later for 4pp

I think I weigh more than my clothes size if that makes sense, I was reading an article about a woman who was 15st 1 (I was 15st 3 when I joined WW) and was a 22 - I don't know if she's the exception or I am!

I was 18stone 3lb when I started and a good chunk of my clothes were a size 18 and I had a few pairs of jeans and work trousers that were size 20-22.

We must both be exceptions. I am lucky the way some of the weight falls on me. By other standards (like the people on telly or in biggest loser) I should have been waaaay bigger size, like a 26 or more :eek: I think though I am a size 18 now, after christmas though, I tried on a size 20 and it was battered onto me. But have lost a bit since then so hoping I am an 18. Can't wait to get to a 16 so I can shop in "normal" shops.

I was 18stone 3lb when I started and a good chunk of my clothes were a size 18 and I had a few pairs of jeans and work trousers that were size 20-22.

We must both be exceptions. I am lucky the way some of the weight falls on me. By other standards (like the people on telly or in biggest loser) I should have been waaaay bigger size, like a 26 or more :eek: I think though I am a size 18 now, after christmas though, I tried on a size 20 and it was battered onto me. But have lost a bit sto mthen so hoping I am an 18. Can't wait to get to a 16 so I can shop in "normal" shops.

I know what you mean...i cant wait to actually be able to go shopping with friends and try clothes on....instead of just looking at the shoes....anytime we are out "shopping" i drag them into every shoe shop....so they just think i'm mad about shoes....when the truth is....i cant bare to watch them just grab things and try them on....I'm skint ...fat clothes are expensive...so i only have a few good going out tops....so i wear the same thing out nearly every time...

oh my god....ok cant believe i'm going to do this.....actually say my numbers.... :O

i'm the same...i dont actually look my weight...and my ww leader was shocked at my number....she made ma double check it....cos i just didnt look it......

16 months ago I was 22st 7lbs :O (aaaaaaaaaaaaaah cant believe i've actually said it)

Now i'm 19st 8.4lbs....i was a size 28 jean...which again everyone said i didnt look... (maybe they were being polite) Now i'm a getting loser by the day 26 jean, 22 top, threw out a size 28 today...they were REALLY expensive...but they were just clown pants on me...fell to my ankles....couldnt even keep them up....

I know what you mean...i cant wait to actually be able to go shopping with friends and try clothes on....instead of just looking at the shoes....anytime we are out "shopping" i drag them into every shoe shop....so they just think i'm mad about shoes....when the truth is....i cant bare to watch them just grab things and try them on....I'm skint ...fat clothes are expensive...so i only have a few good going out tops....so i wear the same thing out nearly every time...

Same as that.

My best friend is a size 8 with 32DD bra size. I look like the Michelin man next to her.

Another friend is 5'10 and a size 6. We both accidentally bought the same dress in Penneys one day. You can imagine how that turned out. (In fairness, it doesn't look too bad on me - floaty, so it covers a multitude :p)

Another girl (wouldn't really call her a friend) is about a 14-16 maybe, but dresses like she's a 10. We both joined WW last year together and she made such a point of losing more weight than me and rubbing my face in it. I haven't told her I've re-joined (and am actually doing well) as she'll try to drag me down again. A secret (immature) dream I have is going back to college in September and wearing something drop dead gorgeous and totally looking better than her :p

I used to be small, I was a 10-12 when I started college Sept 09 and have so many lovely clothes from when I started my job and had loads of money (no expenses as I was still in school and living at home) that I can't wear any more, and that's what I'm really looking forward to - being able to wear them and not feel like a fat person trying to be a thin person.

I have one dress that I've only worn once and I adore it, it's hanging on the front of my wardrobe as my inspiration, I see it every day and think I want to wear that!!

Sorry for rambling, I do that :p

Edit:
    Now i'm a getting loser by the day 26 jean, 22 top, threw out a size 28 today...they were REALLY expensive...but they were just clown pants on me...fell to my ankles....couldnt even keep them up....

Fair fcuks to you girl, you've done and are doing fantastic, you really are such an inspiration. You can tell by your posts here that you're really dedicated and that is going to stand to you - thats how you can tell you're going to make this work. Keep at it, you deserve it!

Same as that.

My best friend is a size 8 with 32DD bra size. I look like the Michelin man next to her.

Another friend is 5'10 and a size 6. We both accidentally bought the same dress in Penneys one day. You can imagine how that turned out. (In fairness, it doesn't look too bad on me - floaty, so it covers a multitude :p)

Another girl (wouldn't really call her a friend) is about a 14-16 maybe, but dresses like she's a 10. We both joined WW last year together and she made such a point of losing more weight than me and rubbing my face in it. I haven't told her I've re-joined (and am actually doing well) as she'll try to drag me down again. A secret (immature) dream I have is going back to college in September and wearing something drop dead gorgeous and totally looking better than her :p

I used to be small, I was a 10-12 when I started college Sept 09 and have so many lovely clothes from when I started my job and had loads of money (no expenses as I was still in school and living at home) that I can't wear any more, and that's what I'm really looking forward to - being able to wear them and not feel like a fat person trying to be a thin person.

I have one dress that I've only worn once and I adore it, it's hanging on the front of my wardrobe as my inspiration, I see it every day and think I want to wear that!!

I cant wait to at least get down to 18 top...doesnt matter if i wear the same jeans out time and time again...but at least i can have more choice in the tops.....and can someone explain to me....why are plus size tops never have sleeves.....like omg....impossible trying to cover up bingo wings...i look like a granny in cardigins

Same as that.

Oh my god I have a very similar dream! I dream of meeting my friends who live a good bit away from me now and being a size 10! I can see their faces now... heaven!

• Advertisement

Oh my god I have a very similar dream! I dream of meeting my friends who live a good bit away from me now and being a size 10! I can see their faces now... heaven!

visualisations like that are very healthy! i do on the treadmill :P was the only bit of advice i found useful from when i did MOTIVATION clinic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement