Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Just on another thread but will a Sky Q LNB work with the Zgemma H7?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,387 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Irishder wrote: »
    Just on another thread but will a Sky Q LNB work with the Zgemma H7?

No, you'll have to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

And will you please report back on that aerial on how it performs. Sky q lnb can be a bit misleading, a few people had hybrids fitted and if it has 6 outlets then its a hybrid and will work with both sky q and any digital sat reciever, eg zgemma, vu+ etc.

thanks had a look outside and its this LNB that i have:

https://tvavwarehouse.co.uk/product/sky-q-lnbs/

I presume ill need to replace that, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I always avoid any advert that claims an aerial is for HD or 4k. Whether it is HD or 4K or B+W makes no difference as long as the aerial is suitable for the frequencies required.

As a general rule any "amplified" or "boosted indoor aerial is a waste of electricity. The only use for an amplifier is if it goes to a very long run of coax. If an aerial isn't getting a good enough signal in, then no amount of boosting will help. I may in fact make matters worse by boosting local interference instead.

• Advertisement

if you look on ebay sky hybrid and go with the one with 6 outputs you are future proofed.

swoofer wrote: »
    if you look on ebay sky hybrid and go with the one with 6 outputs you are future proofed.

Whould this to the job, theres only 4 outputs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Visibalewave-Output-LNB-Quad-Switch/dp/B01J81NXGE/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Universal+LNB+6+output&qid=1594668178&s=electronics&sr=1-1

yes but not future proof, its the old style quad output hence the price

Another Newbie question, do i need to source a Sky card from somewhere to view certain channels

• Registered Users Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Another Newbie question, do i need to source a Sky card from somewhere to view certain channels

nope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Got the Zgemma H7s today, connected it up. I did an automatic scan and picked up 600 channels, so i did a manual and ticked free only, but it only picked up 30 satellite channel.

If i do an automatic scan again is there a easy way to edit, delete and sort the channels. Also can't RTE 1 for some reason on the manual scan.

Any suggestion would be grateful

OK UP DATE. I have managed to scan all the channels both terrestrial and satellite. Is it possible to sort them, delete the gaps or blank channels. It Pure2 firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

Webif is your best bet. Get the web addresse of the box, something like,
    Put that into your browser, assuming your box is connected to your internet, and you can make any list you want.

daphil wrote: »
    Webif is your best bet. Get the web addresse of the box, something like,
    Put that into your browser, assuming your box is connected to your internet, and you can make any list you want.

I was trying that earlier dreamset but couldn't get it to work. ill try webif.

Its hard to find where the satellite channel are gone. is there a setting to enable both terrestrial and satellite.

I stuck on last scan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I was trying that earlier dreamset but couldn't get it to work. ill try webif.

Its hard to find where the satellite channel are gone. is there a setting to enable both terrestrial and satellite.

I stuck on last scan

go into Bouquet Editor on webif and you can sort your channels there

go into Bouquet Editor on webif and you can sort your channels there

Can't get the device to connect to editor, could the box be blocking me. can i hard wire with USB cable

Can't get the device to connect to editor, could the box be blocking me. can i hard wire with USB cable

have you ethernet cable going into the box?

have you ethernet cable going into the box?

Ya

A lot of the setting up is automatic but I am not sure where you started!! Did box come with pure e2 pre installed? Usually on set up you can configure ABM, epg, set tuners, set soarview, then with AUTO BOUGETS you just run it and you will have a nice list. I dont know pure e2. Any reason why you opted for pure?? And that box has 4 partitions so you can have 4 images.. Openvix is a very good one to start with.

go to menu / information / network and make sure you have the correct ip

A lot of the setting up is automatic but I am not sure where you started!! Did box come with pure e2 pre installed? Usually on set up you can configure ABM, epg, set tuners, set soarview, then with AUTO BOUGETS you just run it and you will have a nice list. I dont know pure e2. Any reason why you opted for pure?? And that box has 4 partitions so you can have 4 images.. Openvix is a very good one to start with.

Ya box was pre set up, i asked on here which firmware to select, im new to this stuff so struggling to find to issue.

You think its a setting issue, i could screenshot a particular set of setting if it would help.

• Advertisement

Yes when its comes pre-loaded the assumption is the person is up to scratch but PURE E2 is a nice image but not used by many. I think its supposed to look a bit like Kodi. Are you able to tell if your box has only one image on it? Flexmuphy on here has the zgemma with multiboot and went back to openvix.

Post a few screenshots and it may jog memory. Did you do much when you got it? ie what did you tinker with? When you set ABM you actually choose a region and either HD or sd etc and you ignore sky, once you do it you will see the logic. You dont have to scan sats yourself.

Yes when its comes pre-loaded the assumption is the person is up to scratch but PURE E2 is a nice image but not used by many. I think its supposed to look a bit like Kodi. Are you able to tell if your box has only one image on it? Flexmuphy on here has the zgemma with multiboot and went back to openvix.

Post a few screenshots and it may jog memory. Did you do much when you got it? ie what did you tinker with? When you set ABM you actually choose a region and either HD or sd etc and you ignore sky, once you do it you will see the logic. You dont have to scan sats yourself.

Thanks, got sorted. Figured it out in the end.

While i was going through the setting i found open VPN. Worth while installing, is there a cost on it?

You should say what you did as others may have same problem. viz, did you find autobouquets etc. For VPN just select it and see.

You should say what you did as others may have same problem. viz, did you find autobouquets etc. For VPN just select it and see.

I doubled checked the internet connection on my router, the box was not showing up there. The internet was disabled, so in enabled it. It was enabled earlier because it updated.

Still took a while to connect to E channelizer, but once i connected it worked fine. edited and sorted all my channels.

No i didn't use autobouquets, what would that have done. Is it easy to add the icons for channels or is there any point, too much trouble.

Openvpn is enabled but stopped, and when i start it it just stops again.

I doubled checked the internet connection on my router, the box was not showing up there. The internet was disabled, so in enabled it. It was enabled earlier because it updated.

Still took a while to connect to E channelizer, but once i connected it worked fine. edited and sorted all my channels.

No i didn't use autobouquets, what would that have done. Is it easy to add the icons for channels or is there any point, too much trouble.

Openvpn is enabled but stopped, and when i start it it just stops again.

theres an extension for picons i think

easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭andy1249

No i didn't use autobouquets, what would that have done.

Its kind of important.
    You set it for both your preferred freesat zone ( northern ireland , london , whatever ) and your saorview area and tell it what time to update and then it automatically scans and gathers channels into groups or "bouquets" such as entertainment , news , movies , music etc.

It scans daily at a time you set , usually 3am or something like that ,a time where the box is likely to be in standby , this means that any new channels that appear , or any old ones that either change frequency or close , are automatically updated and added to or removed from the bouquets.

Without autobouquetmaker , channels are going to start disappearing on you or begin to stop working.

It also creates a favourites folder for you to put your favourites into which is always unaltered by future scans.

You are also going to need an EPG updater such as crossepg or epgrefresh , again , this is set to run at the time when the box is in standby , typcially an hour or so after ABM is set to run , and it automatically grabs fresh 7 day EPG data for the guide.
    Both of these updaters rely on ABM having done its thing first , indeed EPG refresh , the new default updater for openvix , relies on autobouquetmaker having already created the favorites bouquet and you having populated it with all the channels you are interested in.

Without this , in about 7 days most of your channels will just have now and next information in the EPG.

And will you please report back on that aerial on how it performs. Sky q lnb can be a bit misleading, a few people had hybrids fitted and if it has 6 outlets then its a hybrid and will work with both sky q and any digital sat reciever, eg zgemma, vu+ etc.

Tried the Aerial yesterday, worked perfect upstairs but could not get a signal downstairs in the sitting room.

Ended up putting it in the attic as house was originally wired to have an aerial. Working perfect now.

andy1249 wrote: »
    Its kind of important.
    You set it for both your preferred freesat zone ( northern ireland , london , whatever ) and your saorview area and tell it what time to update and then it automatically scans and gathers channels into groups or "bouquets" such as entertainment , news , movies , music etc.

It scans daily at a time you set , usually 3am or something like that ,a time where the box is likely to be in standby , this means that any new channels that appear , or any old ones that either change frequency or close , are automatically updated and added to or removed from the bouquets.

Without autobouquetmaker , channels are going to start disappearing on you or begin to stop working.

It also creates a favourites folder for you to put your favourites into which is always unaltered by future scans.

You are also going to need an EPG updater such as crossepg or epgrefresh , again , this is set to run at the time when the box is in standby , typcially an hour or so after ABM is set to run , and it automatically grabs fresh 7 day EPG data for the guide.
    Both of these updaters rely on ABM having done its thing first , indeed EPG refresh , the new default updater for openvix , relies on autobouquetmaker having already created the favorites bouquet and you having populated it with all the channels you are interested in.

Without this , in about 7 days most of your channels will just have now and next information in the EPG.

Thanks Andy,do i set these two programs up on the box itself?

Do you know anything about openvpn, its already on the box, enabled to autostart but stopped, i cant start it. Do i need to change setting some where?

You have me intrigued why you picked that Pure image. I'm going to have a play now and see how it behaves. Do you actually want a VPN?

• Advertisement

You have me intrigued why you picked that Pure image. I'm going to have a play now and see how it behaves. Do you actually want a VPN?

I was advised here to select pure2 when buying the zgemma, i don't know one from the other if i'm honest. Not sure if im allowed tell you here why i want a VPN, just that i was advised to get one ;D

Advertisement