Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Maintained this week. I had a good week in that I didn't eat over my syns for the week but had a few days where I wasn't feeling great and I only had a bit of yogurt and a mug shot all day. Could this be the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

eviltwin wrote: »
    Maintained this week. I had a good week in that I didn't eat over my syns for the week but had a few days where I wasn't feeling great and I only had a bit of yogurt and a mug shot all day. Could this be the reason?

I don't know the science behind but I'd say yes. I ate far more than would have been normal for me my first week of SW and lost 3.5 lbs. Have lost 2 lbs a week steadily for the last 4 weeks eating loads but always optimising and everything from scratch.
    My friend who joined with me also loses steadily every week except a week she was sick and barely ate, just noodles /yoghurt and mugshots.
    Keep going,you'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I can't believe how much food I've eaten the last couple of days. Stuck to plan completely, but a bit sceptical that I'll actually lose weight eating this much.

Does anyone know how much the hi-fi bars cost? I'm officially addicted and would like to budget for getting some every week. Paid for everything together at group so not sure how much I paid for the bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

They are E3 per box of 6 ,my favorites are the mint and the orange , I have tried the rocky road and the choc macaroon they are ok but the others are yum! I buy a countdown pay for 5 classes and get the 6th free E45 (however I think when you buy this tell them if you have any holidays coming up)

Can you buy the countdown anytime? I read somewhere that there was a Christmas countdown coming up soon. Is that the same thing? I'm going on hols in a few weeks but would be interested in a countdown after that.

• Advertisement

I have bought the countdown since I started as I get paid monthly so I find it easier (just the 5 for 6),
    I think sometimes they may have offers if you buy a 12 week countdown where you get a food diary planner journal not 100% on this though it maybe just christmas and summer that you get something free±

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Valyawl wrote:
    I have bought the countdown since I started as I get paid monthly so I find it easier (just the 5 for 6), I think sometimes they may have offers if you buy a 12 week countdown where you get a food diary planner journal not 100% on this though it maybe just christmas and summer that you get something free±

I normally buy the 12 week countdown. First time I got one of the new recipe books for free. When that countdown finished I signed up again for another 12 and then they announced the next week that anyone signing up from that week on would get a free food diary, bit annoying that I missed out by not just waiting a week but sure that's life! Holding out now from getting another one as I'm sure there'll be one coming up for a 12 week countdown til Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Shadow1983 wrote:
    I normally buy the 12 week countdown. First time I got one of the new recipe books for free. When that countdown finished I signed up again for another 12 and then they announced the next week that anyone signing up from that week on would get a free food diary, bit annoying that I missed out by not just waiting a week but sure that's life! Holding out now from getting another one as I'm sure there'll be one coming up for a 12 week countdown til Christmas.

I seen somewhere, can't remember where, that the 12 week countdown coming up to Christmas will get you the new comfort food recipe book.

Looking for some opinions. I have a final target in mind. It's the weight I got to when I did SW online before, and though technically overweight, I was happy at that number. However, since I was doing it online I weighed with no clothes first thing in the morning. Now I'm going to group it's an evening weigh in, and obviously with clothes on. Do I need to adjust my target to take this into account? Would there be much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Looking for some opinions. I have a final target in mind. It's the weight I got to when I did SW online before, and though technically overweight, I was happy at that number. However, since I was doing it online I weighed with no clothes first thing in the morning. Now I'm going to group it's an evening weigh in, and obviously with clothes on. Do I need to adjust my target to take this into account? Would there be much of a difference?

Your weight can fluctuate during the day and yes there would be a difference between a morning and evening weigh in, and even if you wear the lightest clothes there could still be a difference.
    Why don't you leave your target as is, get to it, and you can still lose 3lbs under that and still be at target?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Down 1.5lb. Just 6 more to go. I'll be there before I know it!

Week 22 down 2lbs = 47lbs lost. Onwards and downwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

2 will get me my 1.5 stone award... I was only 0.5 away :o

Just stepped off the scales, down 2! Got my stone & a half :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was up 3lbs today, can't understand why. Only yesterday I had to buy a belt because my jeans are slipping so much. I've been good, stuck to the plan.

Down 5.5 for my first week. Absolutely delighted! Hoping to get my half stone next week. Don't know why I was so worried about joining up. Everyone is lovely. Although I did hate talking during group. If I could take that part out it would be perfect lol

Down 5.5 for my first week. Absolutely delighted! Hoping to get my half stone next week. Don't know why I was so worried about joining up. Everyone is lovely. Although I did hate talking during group. If I could take that part out it would be perfect lol

Wow, well done- that's excellent. You can take that part out, you can ask your consultant not to call your name out, though I think it is beneficial at times to talk ;)

m'lady wrote: »
    Wow, well done- that's excellent. You can take that part out, you can ask your consultant not to call your name out, though I think it is beneficial at times to talk ;)

Oh I didn't realise you could do that! Thanks :) It's a busy enough group but very few people actually stay. Think there was about 7 of us this evening. So it would be very obvious if I did that. I'll keep it in mind though. See how it goes next week, and if it's as bad, I might have a word with her the following week. Nice to know I have the option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ordered some Lo Dough yesterday.....dying to try it as I love pizza & the other base methods just don't do it for me

Oh I didn't realise you could do that! Thanks :) It's a busy enough group but very few people actually stay. Think there was about 7 of us this evening. So it would be very obvious if I did that. I'll keep it in mind though. See how it goes next week, and if it's as bad, I might have a word with her the following week. Nice to know I have the option :)

I register new members (and weigh) and you'd be surprised how many ask to not be spoken to. I do think it can be helpful to talk but understand that it can be difficult for some people. Have a think about it ;)

Ordered some Lo Dough yesterday.....dying to try it as I love pizza & the other base methods just don't do it for me

Please let us know what it's like when you try it? I have to say I do love the wrap pizza, but wouldn't mind trying the lo-dough!
    How much was it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

m'lady wrote: »
    Please let us know what it's like when you try it? I have to say I do love the wrap pizza, but wouldn't mind trying the lo-dough!
    How much was it? :)

£14 for 6 pieces and I'm having it delivered via Parcel Motel, so another €3 ish for delivery. So prob about €3.50 per base would cover it

£14 for 6 pieces and I'm having it delivered via Parcel Motel, so another €3 ish for delivery. So prob about €3.50 per base would cover it

That's not that bad, if they are nice which I'm sure they are as everyone is raving about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

For any Nutella fans out there, their new B-ready bars are 5.5 syns of deliciousness.

91DSpzvAATL._AC_UL320_SR252,320_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

m'lady wrote:
    Please let us know what it's like when you try it? I have to say I do love the wrap pizza, but wouldn't mind trying the lo-dough! How much was it?

Seen loads of people on Instagram with it and I even asked a few what's it's like, I have yet to get a straight answer so I'm dying to know if it's worth getting, that price isn't too bad either, a single Domino's would be more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I was away for 7 days on an all-inclusive holiday! I came back last Thursday and I was 10lbs up on my own scale and I did SP for the past 4 days and I've found that I've gone back to where I was when I started. Now my weigh in is this evening and even if I'm 2lbs up I will be delighted because I ate for 7 days and I wasn't sober once! Back on track now and aiming for my 3 stone award for next Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know what the syn values are for Aldis four seasons rice and beans stir fry?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Down another 1.5. Delighted. Got away with murder this weekend but will have to be really good this week to avoid it catching up with me next Monday.

4.5lbs to target...

Took the plunge today and joined the gym. Going back on Thursday to get a personalised gym programme done up for me. Worried though that the first few weeks I could see an increase on the scales. It'll be worth it in the long run I suppose.

Areas that's good to know. I'm off on all inclusive in two weeks. Like you, I'm planning SP when I come back. Hope the scales will be as forgiving to me. I have no intention of even trying to behave myself!

Believe me Whiplashy I did not behave at all! The a gave the free bar a good testing! Wasn't too bad though. Only 2.5 pounds up. I did SP the week before I left and then the few days I had before I weighed in at class. Back on track and I bought the Naked Blondie Food Planner. Going to give this all I have between now and Christmas. I started at a size 20/22, I'm now in a 16 and would love to be wearing a size 14 dress this New Years Eve!

• Advertisement

I'm going to go for the Gold Body magic Award as well. I've already got my Bronze and Silver and going to go for the Gold over the next 8 weeks! I'll keep me on track I think!

Advertisement