Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Had my 14th (and final) weigh-in with my SW group at home before starting my PhD in Galway and got my 3 stone award! Great way to sign off with them! :)

I've 43lb off in total since starting in mid-May and I have 23lb to go to my target. I reckon my progress will slow somewhat as I will be going off on my own SW-wise and will be less conscious of being weighed-in at a group every week, but I'm still confident of hitting my target before the end of the year...

... then having to do it all over again after Christmas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

cee_jay wrote: »
    I don't know if the new Muller Light Cheesecake Inspired Lemon and Vanilla flavour yogurts (which are in Iceland) are the same as the ones at the bottom of the infographic there? If so, those ones are free according to the app.

They aren't the same, the Cheesecake Inspired Lemon and Vanilla flavour are free :D
    I got them myself a few days ago, double checked on the SW app!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I wouldn't find that with my group at all, yes there is mammys there but there is also a lot of older people and quite a few late teens early 20s. Maybe try and get to a different group before you give it up, is there a different consultant you could go to? That sometimes makes the world of difference

It must just be my group then. I sometimes feel like I'm in a parenting rather than a slimming class! And I can hardly tell them to dial it back on the mammy talk. It's just mealtimes for families are totally different from a single person cooking and preparing food for themselves. I feel like a lot of the conversation goes over my head, I either tune out or just leave at the end totally frustrated. Guess il have to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

Are Muller lights syn free?

Most of them are...

d5c1895a262b05269ea041de429feba4.jpg

I find pintrest great for checking out syns, there is thousands of pics with syn values like this one :)

Never thought of that. Super idea. :)

Never thought of that. Super idea. :)

It's brilliant, there is so many nice recipes too... I have tons of SW pins!!

• Advertisement

I'm attempting to make the Slimming World Haribo style jellies, they are in the fridge setting as I type. I'm making lemon & lime flavor!

These turned out fab! My boyfriend skoffed half of them on me. I'm going to make raspberry flavor next.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Daisy78 wrote:
    It must just be my group then. I sometimes feel like I'm in a parenting rather than a slimming class! And I can hardly tell them to dial it back on the mammy talk. It's just mealtimes for families are totally different from a single person cooking and preparing food for themselves. I feel like a lot of the conversation goes over my head, I either tune out or just leave at the end totally frustrated. Guess il have to look elsewhere.

I couldn't be dealing with that either, a new group can make a world of difference, let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I started SW just over 4 weeks ago and am down 8.5 lbs. I've found it so easy and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. If anything, I'm eating more than before and my kids are eating the same dinners and haven't noticed much of a difference just more veg.
    I'm in a really nice group though and I think that makes it so much nicer. I think I'll probably still go when I teach target for the craic.
    Also the app is so handy for recipes and checking syns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Just for any members in the Dublin 15 area.

Just to make you aware that the Thursday evening group in Coolmine Community School is moving venue this week. New location is Diswellstown Community Centre which is part of the Saint Patricks National School Campus close to the Carpenterstown shopping centre. Would hate to see anyone turn up to the old venue and find it closed. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Non-scale victory for me this week! So I've an interview tomorrow and had to get new clothes over the weekend as all my trousers were falling off me. When I started slimming world I was a size 20/22 in jeans (more 22 than 20!) and yesterday I bought 3 pairs of trousers in Next in a size 16! I was a bit emotional because for the 1st time in years I was able to walk in to a shop and just pick up a pair of jeans and work pants and not worry about them not fitting! I treated myself to a lovely yellow rain jacket as well in a size 16!

• Advertisement

It's a fantastic feeling. Well done. :)

Another NSV here! I had a lazy day yesterday & didn't bother ironing any work clothes. The only pair of trousers in the wardrobe that didn't need ironing this morning was a pair that I bought online & didn't fit me, then I put on weight so they really didn't fit me! Thought I'd chance them this morning & they fit perfectly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Another NSV here! I had a lazy day yesterday & didn't bother ironing any work clothes. The only pair of trousers in the wardrobe that didn't need ironing this morning was a pair that I bought online & didn't fit me, then I put on weight so they really didn't fit me! Thought I'd chance them this morning & they fit perfectly :D

I love that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I was down 3.5lbs last night. Bringing me to 2 stone 9.5 pounds. I got my 2.5 stone award. Delighted. I was glamping last weekend and ate and drank all around me but to protect myself I did SP the week before and the week after. Looks like it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I joined SW in Jan and found it a real struggle. It didn't help that I'm on a vegan diet and the leader had someone in her family running the local butcher. I didn't feel she was interested in me and I did ok ( 1.5 stones in 6 months ) but I eventually left the group.

I gained back 10lbs over the summer and so went back two weeks ago to a new group with a much better leader who is helpful on meat free alternatives and full of information. In my first week back I lost 6lbs and hopefully getting my first half stone this week. Its amazing how much of a difference the right support can make.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Every best with to the new Slimming World thread members!!
    We can all support each other in good times and challenges!

Got to my goal in early July, (18 pounds) had a good BMI starting off so it took a while, and listening to people saying to me what are you doing here, but we all know ourselves.

Delighted to fit in to size 12 again and to be able to wear my shorts during the summer and outfits I wouldn't have dared to wear before including a jumpsuit I bought in a sale, getting lots of compliments and feeling more energetic and confident
    Problem is I haven't been back to SW and have been a bit naughty every week I was saying next week!

How does it work if you are gone over your target, I am 5 over my target goal, don't mind paying as I know I need SW for life as I have done this many times in the past with all the slimming groups and the pounds slowly crept on as did the bad habits.

Are you allowed the 3 pounds over target and then pay from that on or do you have to get back to actual target before you are free again? hope I am making sense!!
    I am going to face the music I am being good again and it feels good when I stand on the scales, SW works!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BunChop_30

I am absolutely dying for the Carrot Cake bars to arrive. No mention of them in group this week. Hope they're not ages away!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Posted by dealornodeal23 View Post

Hi, I am going to go back on weight watchers the old system of points, would any of you have a small pink or purple weight watchers book with points value of food, I mislaid it and would b grateful if someone could give it to me thanks I am guessing there will be a few ex weight watchers here which is why I posted here. I also posted same on WW thread.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

BunChop_30 wrote: »
    I am absolutely dying for the Carrot Cake bars to arrive. No mention of them in group this week. Hope they're not ages away!

Small print of the advert says week commencing 23rd October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I joined this afternoon- I joined earlier in the year, but found out I was pregnant a few days later, so never went back. I probably should have continued while pregnant, but I couldn't face into it!
    I'm a few pounds lighter now than when I joined then, but still have a fair bit to go. The class was awful long though. This announcing everyone's loss, and having a big clap is a bit wearing. I spent half of it looking at my watch worrying that I was going to be late to collect my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Every best with to the new Slimming World thread members!!
    We can all support each other in good times and challenges!

Got to my goal in early July, (18 pounds) had a good BMI starting off so it took a while, and listening to people saying to me what are you doing here, but we all know ourselves.

Delighted to fit in to size 12 again and to be able to wear my shorts during the summer and outfits I wouldn't have dared to wear before including a jumpsuit I bought in a sale, getting lots of compliments and feeling more energetic and confident
    Problem is I haven't been back to SW and have been a bit naughty every week I was saying next week!

How does it work if you are gone over your target, I am 5 over my target goal, don't mind paying as I know I need SW for life as I have done this many times in the past with all the slimming groups and the pounds slowly crept on as did the bad habits.

Are you allowed the 3 pounds over target and then pay from that on or do you have to get back to actual target before you are free again? hope I am making sense!!
    I am going to face the music I am being good again and it feels good when I stand on the scales, SW works!

Hi Banoffe..
    No, you just need to get back into your target range, so in your case you'd need to lose 2lbs to not have to pay..

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Had a dreadful two weeks. Just about managed 1lb off over the fortnight. Glad I'm not up. I'm now 16lb down and 8 to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Had a dreadful two weeks. Just about managed 1lb off over the fortnight. Glad I'm not up. I'm now 16lb down and 8 to go.

Don't knock a pound, Every loss is a loss.
    I've had a couple of weeks where I only had a 0.5/1lb loss, the week after these I've had really good losses.

Have any of you read this?

http://pinchofnom.com/the-whoosh-effect-explained/

whoosh.jpg?w=840

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Week 20, BOOM down 2.5 lbs = 44lbs lost, I'm thrilled.i Got My 3 stone award. Trying to aim for 10000 steps daily ( well the last 2 days anyway!) Onwards and downwards

Brilliant! I've lost 2 stone. Just one more to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Lost 4lbs today, total weight loss of 10lbs in two weeks. Its great and I'm delighted but I haven't been eating this week. One of the kids moved away and I've been too emotional to eat, I'm sure that's going to come back to bite me next week. I'm starting to get my hunger back now so going to try and eat as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Hi all, I'm getting married at the end of the year and I am thinking of joining slimming world. I don't have much weight to lose and ideally would lose a half a stone before the wedding. I had read this thread and the previous thread and fair play to you all, you all have great losses! I was just wondering if SW would be suitable for someone with a small amount of weight to lose? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

awny wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm getting married at the end of the year and I am thinking of joining slimming world. I don't have much weight to lose and ideally would lose a half a stone before the wedding. I had read this thread and the previous thread and fair play to you all, you all have great losses! I was just wondering if SW would be suitable for someone with a small amount of weight to lose? Thanks in advance!

They will only accept you if you want to lose a minimum of 7lb and in doing so your BMI stays at 20 or higher.

My BMI was healthy to start but I want it down to minimum, which is 24lb total. I would recommend it, the plan really works without making you feel like you're missing out or going hungry. In my group there are plenty of healthy people who just want to be thinner, as well as people who want to get back to a healthy range and people who are losing baby weight or losing for a wedding.

There's not much risk in joining really and I find it can be a bit of a social thing in the group. Go for it!

Advertisement