Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway United 2015 season - MOD Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Yeah it was an amazing result! Wish I could have seen it now. That's a massive boost. Clean sheet to boot which is very welcome! Hopefully we can get a little momentum running now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Tis those kind of games that we need to be winning, the Dundalks and Corks of this world are a different level at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Tis those kind of games that we need to be winning, the Dundalks and Corks of this world are a different level at the moment.

To be fair, the Dundalk game, fairplay to Towell on the hattrick, but McMillan dived for the peno, the second was going wide only for a huge deflection and the third, fair enough, good strike. Unmarked in the box though. Can't be doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

Such a fantastic result. Really wish it wasn't the weekend before exams and I would have been able to make the trip. We have 9 points so far and they've come from wins against Limerick/Bray/Drogheda the three teams you would expect us to be shooting it out with towards the end of the season. Hopefully we can get close to 2000 at the game on Friday and if the lads manage to put in a good shift and nick something the season could potentially turn quickly in the right direction.

All the same I'm getting far to ahead of myself it's just one game, but out of all my years (only 7 or so) supporting Galway I can't remember a 5 goal win in the PD so I think we may have the right to be excited by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

ConConKing wrote: »
    Such a fantastic result. Really wish it wasn't the weekend before exams and I would have been able to make the trip. We have 9 points so far and they've come from wins against Limerick/Bray/Drogheda the three teams you would expect us to be shooting it out with towards the end of the season. Hopefully we can get close to 2000 at the game on Friday and if the lads manage to put in a good shift and nick something the season could potentially turn quickly in the right direction.

All the same I'm getting far to ahead of myself it's just one game, but out of all my years (only 7 or so) supporting Galway I can't remember a 5 goal win in the PD so I think we may have the right to be excited by it.
    Actually yeah exams? Will we loose any lads due to education commitments? At least Horgan is in NUIG possibly more?

• Advertisement

Poor result against Pats, not completely unexpected though. Had hoped to snatch a draw at home mind :(

Another red card too. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

Great win in Derry earlier. I really didn't expect much from the game. We've a terrible record up there. It's good to know this team is capable of performing away from home with the 5-0 win in Bray and now a 2-0 in Derry in our last 2 trips. If we can keep winning the home games and can keep picking up points away we could be safe with 3/4 games to go.

We got 9 points from the first series of games and I would have taken 10 points from this series considering we've the top 4 at home. But with that win we should be aiming for 12 of 15. If we're on on 20+ points going into the last series with all the bottom teams to play at home again I'm sure we'd stay clear of the bottom 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

ConConKing wrote: »
    Great win in Derry earlier. I really didn't expect much from the game. We've a terrible record up there. It's good to know this team is capable of performing away from home with the 5-0 win in Bray and now a 2-0 in Derry in our last 2 trips. If we can keep winning the home games and can keep picking up points away we could be safe with 3/4 games to go.

We got 9 points from the first series of games and I would have taken 10 points from this series considering we've the top 4 at home. But with that win we should be aiming for 12 of 15. If we're on on 20+ points going into the last series with all the bottom teams to play at home again I'm sure we'd stay clear of the bottom 2.

24 points should surely be enough

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Some win alright, and a fairly different team - maybe thats our best one???!!!
    Hopefully they can get a couple of home wins and draw the crowds now after that

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJpedro

On Friday night, I looked at RTE aertel , it showed them winning 2-0, I got Derry Radio on my computer and listened to 2nd half , it was very tense , I kept thinking that Derry would score in 2nd half but Galway Utd held on, I think that Ryan Connolly is brillant , hopefully we can hold on to him. It was a great result , looking forward to RTE tonight so that I can see the goals.

Crazy score. Goals are flying in now!

Crazy score. Goals are flying in now!

I think Bohs had only conceded a single goal on the road until last night.

I think Bohs had only conceded a single goal on the road until last night.

I actually didn't know that. Makes the result even better. I like that we haven't drawn yet. I don't know how long that will last but it feels like we live and die by the sword of sorts. Roll on the next game!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

How much is it in for the match tonight does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

It's usually 15 or 10 with a student card (15 is a total rip off btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I think it's €10 for league cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Intifada wrote: »
    It's usually 15 or 10 with a student card (15 is a total rip off btw).

I dont think i've walked out of Terryland this season after paying €15 feeling that ive been ripped off... €15 is standard across most clubs in the Premier Division with some in Dublin charging €20 I think. €10 Discount price for Students/Unemployed/Cup games and U12's get in free. They have got the pricing spot on this season in my opinion.

Missed the game on Friday but was highly entertaining by the sounds of things! Highlights tonight should be good, the ref buttimer made a few howlers apparently. Dont have fond memories of him reffing our games in the past at all!

• Advertisement

_Puma_ wrote: »
    I dont think i've walked out of Terryland this season after paying €15 feeling that ive been ripped off... €15 is standard across most clubs in the Premier Division with some in Dublin charging €20 I think. €10 Discount price for Students/Unemployed/Cup games and U12's get in free. They have got the pricing spot on this season in my opinion.
    I know it's probably the going rate and they have costs to balance, I just don't think €15 is much value for money given the standard of football and atmosphere compared to other leagues. I don't mean either are especially bad - I have enjoyed myself every time I've been but I've also paid 10-15 more in other leagues and enjoyed it much, much more.

Tenner in is grand though, and I still have my student card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Intifada wrote: »
    I know it's probably the going rate and they have costs to balance, I just don't think €15 is much value for money given the standard of football and atmosphere compared to other leagues. I don't mean either are especially bad - I have enjoyed myself every time I've been but I've also paid 10-15 more in other leagues and enjoyed it much, much more.

Tenner in is grand though, and I still have my student card :)

cost twenty to stand up in a gaa pitch to watch leitrim play Galway. Poor pitch,poor facilities, poor atmosphere, poor match,shocking toilets. Terryland is fantastic value by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

An adult season ticket works out at about 8 or 9 euro per game. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

It's €20-€30 depending on the game for Connacht tickets. €15 is about right for Galway United games and the season ticket is a bargain (unlike the Connacht one).

Have had some of my best matchday experiences at Terryland over the years and I dont say that lightly. UCD playoff being one of the more recent ones. Have had the distinct feeling of being ripped off coming out of Pearse Stadium or the Sportsground over the years too. All relative I guess but for someone who enjoys watching the real thing over sitting in a pub watching a game on TV I think it's great value and there are a lot worse things you be spending your money on a Friday night!

Bit unfair to compare it to something as shíte as rugby. I've gone to that with free tickets and felt ripped off :pac:

Must have read my post
    http://galwayunitedfc.ie/admission-prices-lowered-for-bohemians-cup-clash/

Admission prices:
    Adult: €10
    Concession (Student/Senior Citizen): €5
    U12: FREE!

Ha good timing! Fair dues, knocking a five off for a cup game is a nice gesture considering the season tickets aren't allowed due to competition rules. Might venture up later on. Probably expect half the crowd that was there Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I'm really looking forward to this.

A place in the semi-final of the league cup is not to be scoffed at, hopefully we will go on runs in both cups. Good idea to reduce the tickets, should put a few extra on the gate.

• Advertisement

I was at a cup game last year and there was barely anybody there. Saying that I dragged two people from work for their first game and we had a brilliant time! Good weather, good football...all it takes. Hopefully another win. Cup runs are important for morale.

I'm looking forward to Soccer Republic tonight for the highlights of Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement