Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Syferus wrote: »
    Love Trent's attitude. He'll make it with time and a lot of voices here will go silent when that happens.

#neverforget

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Hindsight is a wonderful gift. I can still remember Journalists gushing about Jamarcus Russell in 07 and look how he turned out: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?id=2777414&columnist=clayton_john

Hindsight is a wonderful gift. I can still remember Journalists gushing about Jamarcus Russell in 07 and look how he turned out: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?id=2777414&columnist=clayton_john

Every big bust had big hype at some point in time. This thread is interesting precisely because it isn't an exercise in hindsight. His games and performances were debated in real time all the way up to the Colts cutting him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

True, and to be honest I wasn't sure what to make of the trade when it happened - he had very little around him in Cleveland but his numbers and overall performances left a lot to be desired. More like a 4th round or later type rookie that would get fans interested that they might have a bit of a steal, than someone who looked like a legit first rounder.

Though once we got to see just a few games from him in Indy, we all found out pretty quickly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

Billy86 wrote: »
    True, and to be honest I wasn't sure what to make of the trade when it happened - he had very little around him in Cleveland but his numbers and overall performances left a lot to be desired. More like a 4th round or later type rookie that would get fans interested that they might have a bit of a steal, than someone who looked like a legit first rounder.

Though once we got to see just a few games from him in Indy, we all found out pretty quickly! :D

In fairness as soon as the browns pass up a player it's a safe bet he's gonna be good

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    In fairness as soon as the browns pass up a player it's a safe bet he's gonna be good

What in the name of Taylor Gabriel are you on about!? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Have to admit I had hope for him and liked him as a back but damn he went off the deep end dramatically. I don't think he lacks talent I do think he is lazy and never really gave 100% and never really learned any playbook including the Colts playbook. The guy gave up. I think his attitude made it very easy to throw him under the bus and easily made him look awful

Trent on himself:
    “It’s very easy to get lazy in the NFL — not having everything scheduled and not having everything like at Alabama where it was so structured,

Such a waste. You played me for the fool Trent.

So he’s proving very dominant at AAF level, scoring a lot of TDs and making plays. I think he should get some NFL workouts this offseason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So he’s proving very dominant at AAF level, scoring a lot of TDs and making plays. I think he should get some NFL workouts this offseason
    I heard him briefly discussed on radio. Isn’t his avg terrible? Must be getting goal line carries if he’s got lots of TDs.

• Advertisement

Oh, my bad - I didn’t realise his ypc was so pedestrian! Just seen plays like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvIXV0iFNvm/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wz9ayt28a130

Advertisement