Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Elmo wrote: »
    According to the Irish Times it is good, but they could say no more.

Given the massive promo drive behind it, the producers and TV3 must be quietly confident they have a potential hit on their hands. You'd wonder if they would do all that for a show they were far from sure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Strazdas wrote: »
    Given the massive promo drive behind it, the producers and TV3 must be quietly confident they have a potential hit on their hands. You'd wonder if they would do all that for a show they were far from sure about.

Well they need to regardless of the quality as the need to get the word out. It's a soap

Well they need to regardless of the quality as the need to get the word out. It's a soap

For sure, but it looks like they're spending an absolute fortune promoting the show in advance. At the very least, it would suggest they have high hopes for the programme.

For sure, but it looks like they're spending an absolute fortune promoting the show in advance. At the very least, it would suggest they have high hopes for the programme.

They'd still have to make sure that they get an audience regardless of quality remember this is their first major soap and they have little other programming to support it.

They'd still have to make sure that they get an audience regardless of quality remember this is their first major soap and they have little other programming to support it.

True, but this appears to be the biggest promo for any show they've done in their 16 year history. They certainly seem to regard it as being a key part of their schedule for the next year or two.

• Advertisement

True, but this appears to be the biggest promo for any show they've done in their 16 year history. They certainly seem to regard it as being a key part of their schedule for the next year or two.

It's the biggest show they have done in their 16 year history. :eek:

It's the biggest show they have done in their 16 year history. :eek:

I'd say The Apprentice was their previous biggest one but this is their first proper attempt at drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

They tried it with the mini series Deception before but that was awful. I just hope Red Rock is better than it. They seem to have spent so much on it that I don't think they could afford for it to be another Eldorado.

Any idea what time and days it will be airing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I think I read they have committed already to 2 years and are filming that much anyway.
    EB_2013 wrote: »
    They tried it with the mini series Deception before but that was awful. I just hope Red Rock is better than it. They seem to have spent so much on it that I don't think they could afford for it to be another Eldorado.

Any idea what time and days it will be airing at.

Wednesday 7th January 8.30pm, Thursday 8th January 8.30pm and twice a week after, presumably those days and times.

Wednesday 7th January 8.30pm, Thursday 8th January 8.30pm and twice a week after, presumably those days and times.

They have said they are not sticking to set times as of yet, guess they want to see where they will get the soap opera crowd. IMO Wed 8:30 and Sun 8:30 is the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

It's going to be interesting to see what UTV Ireland stick up against Red Rock as they both launch around the same date. Once they don't go up against any of the UK soaps they should be okay.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting to see what UTV Ireland stick up against Red Rock as they both launch around the same date. Once they don't go up against any of the UK soaps they should be okay.

There will certainly be no clash of Corrie and Red Rock with UTV Ireland anyway.....they'll surely have to air Coronation Street at the exact same time it goes out in the UK (and has done on TV3 up until now).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

They have said they are not sticking to set times as of yet, guess they want to see where they will get the soap opera crowd. IMO Wed 8:30 and Sun 8:30 is the best option.

Wednesday at 8.30 seemed to be the safest bet for them from the word go. I was also thinking Sunday at 8.30 would be a good spot for the second episode, but then they'd have to change it everytime the X Factor came around, so it seemed they were going to have to clash with a Soap at some point and Ros na Rún at 8.30 on a Thursday will be least damaging to Red Rock it seems - going up against any of the UK soaps or Fair City would have been a much worse decision in the long run. I'm a fan of Ros na Rún, but to be honest with Sky+ and the players online, it doesn't really bother me where they put it, I can watch both regardless...

I'm assuming they'll do an omnibus once a week too and plenty of repeats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

christ "Amber" certainly grew up didn't she!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,542 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Did I read somewhere that TV3 are splashing €80m on this!? :o

Could be wrong but fairly sure I did read that somewhere.

Did I read somewhere that TV3 are splashing €80m on this!? :o

Could be wrong but fairly sure I did read that somewhere.

It gets out of hand they don't even earn that in ad revenue. Their spending about €5m on the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Dont get reference

Dont get reference

the girl who played amber in that infamously odd rte series named, wait for it, Amber, is in Redrock....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwDDoyRIMAA5k8T.jpg

;)

Dont get reference

RTÉ drama Amber the actress who played Amber is in Red Rock.

the girl who played amber in that infamously odd rte series named, wait for it, Amber, is in Redrock....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwDDoyRIMAA5k8T.jpg

;)

Good looking girl in that photo :)

• Advertisement

So that's what happened to her...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Amber was filmed in 2011. Never seen it but read the Wiki page. They should have called her Aoife. Aoife is a common Irish name. I have only ever met one person called Amber and that was in Texas

Chris___ wrote: »
    Amber was filmed in 2011. Never seen it but read the Wiki page. They should have called her Aoife. Aoife is a common Irish name. I have only ever met one person called Amber and that was in Texas

why?? Amber is a relatively popular name now, not extrovert in anyway tbh. Naming a show Aoife or Mary would be hardly very eyecatching titling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Chris___ wrote: »

Speaking of 'Should have'
    They should have not made the show at all
    I will never get my time back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

D Trent wrote: »
    Speaking of 'Should have'
    They should have not made the show at all
    I will never get my time back

Was it that bad?
    why?? Amber is a relatively popular name now, not extrovert in anyway tbh. Naming a show Aoife or Mary would be hardly very eyecatching titling!

Oh dear god. The last thing we need is names like Amber, Paige, Josh, Alyssa, Penny, Drake, Randy and Crystal.

I was in the post office a couple of weeks ago and there was a skanger woman shouting at a girl messing with the winning streak envelopes. "Shakira come back ****ing here". Poor kid.

Amber is a lovely name, and has many underlying meanings which make it a great choice, such as jewel or, as i have just read, its celtic derivative, Fierce ? i dont think its a strange nor annoying name at all! sure arent you named after a cult!! ; )

Amber is a lovely name, and has many underlying meanings which make it a great choice, such as jewel or, as i have just read, its celtic derivative, Fierce ? i dont think its a strange nor annoying name at all! sure arent you named after a cult!! ; )

It's becoming more popular too, I'm aware of at least two or three girls in my own part of Dublin with the name.

Lets face it Red Rock should be Carrickdearg :rolleyes:

It's becoming more popular too, I'm aware of at least two or three girls in my own part of Dublin with the name.

exactly, i know 5 Ambers off hand, although none over age of 28. I used to know 6 but one of them went missing out of nowhere.................................

I also know a Strazdas, Leitrim name, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Here it is. €80m?
    ‘Red Rock’, TV3’s first serious shot at soap glory, due on our screens in early January. Not only is there the financial outlay to consider (a reported €80m in this case), but there’s also the time (80 episodes over a two-year period) and the typecasting (quick, what’s Ken Barlow’s real name?).

http://www.iftn.ie/news/featureinterviews/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4287885&tpl=archnews&force=1

Advertisement